Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever encountered other beings or aliens?  (Read 5301 times)
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:18:43 PM

and the light-speed limit prevents any species from taking over everything at once.

not if you bend the space around the spacecraft. This might not be science fiction anymore.  It's been around since star trek but calculations said the energy needed is the size of Jupiter.  It's one of those wild dreams like time travel or harvesting suns to feed ....yes, warp drives!  That's what we've been fantasizing about.  The longer science fiction exists the more it starts to feel like any of those things may not seem to be so impossible after all.
NASA recently releases news that it's more plausible than thought to create warpdrives, if it has the right shape energy consumption would go down to realistic numbers.  it could travel 10 times the speed of light

déjà-vu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:31:10 PM

It needs to be said. Best film on first contact. Ever. Turn the volume up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QFj59PON4
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:54:55 AM

The results found that hundreds of thousands of life-bearing planets statistically should exist. It also suggested that a habitable planet like the Earth should exist just a few hundred light years away.

A response to the Drake equation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis#Rare_Earth_equation

The Rare Earth hypothesis can then be viewed as asserting that the product of the other nine Rare Earth equation factors listed below, which are all fractions, is no greater than 10^-10 and could plausibly be as small as 10^-12. In the latter case, N could be as small as 0 or 1.

Also, Kurzweil:

We are a couple decades from singularity and any post-singularity species will begin re-engineering the structure of the cosmos on scales that will be obvious to our existing technology.

This or intelligent life tends to destroy itself.
c4n10

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:44:29 AM

Let's just ignore the fact that in all of human history not one time has this been documented to happen. For whatever reason, the aliens choose to only contact fringe element weirdos who believe in them. one would think they would contact scientists. Roll Eyes

Actually there is plenty of evidence to support that at the very least aliens have visited us in the past. Ancient Sumerians have recorded written history on the Annunaki, and many other cultures including the Mayans, Aztecs AND Incas have stories in their histories of wise men with brilliant white hair and blue eyes who just showed up one day, taught them things and then left as quickly as they had come.

There is FANTASTIC evidence of a ufo battle over Nurember, Germany in 1561, google it.

You would have to be pretty ignorant to truly believe that it is impossible not only for life to have evolved on other planets in the 14.6 billion years the universe has existed but that they might have even developed the technology to travel vast distances at speeds approaching the speed of light. Especially when we've discovered an earth-like planet (Kepler 22-b) 2.4 times the size of the Earth a mere 600 light-years away.

Try reading the bible but think of God, Jesus, angels and demons as aliens with the stories being interpreted by humans with less advanced knowledge and understanding of the universe... The bible tends to make a lot more sense this way, otherwise it just reads like a really good epic.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:34:12 PM

It's not that I don't want to believe. But look at the "evidence" sighted. An observation of something weird in the sky in the 1500's becomes a UFO battle in the sky. A Mayan Steele depicting a ruler on a throne is re-imagined as a man operating a spaceship.  Did a Mayan scholar come up with this? Or a NASA spaceship expert? No. It takes a "UFO researcher" to find a alien spaceship; just as it takes a bigfoot-oligist to see big foot everywhere, and why a believer in ghosts can find a haunted place every weekend while real scientists have never seen one instance of such a thing. 
Find me a piece of a spaceship made from unknown material (strong evidence). Find me a repeating  patterned signal from space (weaker evidence) or a microbe based on something other than DNA or transcript RNA (close to proof).
I wana believe. But I am not one to delude myself. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:02:04 PM

My friends and I saw a metallic ufo last week.  Had a distinct glow around it.  Wobbled through the sky while we were at Hardee's.  Had to be at least 50 feet wide, don't think it was a weather balloon.

You also have to open to the possibility - or even likelihood - that aliens or ufos are inter-dimensional beings or even spirits.  This isn't too far out there, though, for we are inter-dimensional spiritual beings (though less evolved) as well.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
c4n10

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:52:58 PM

It's not that I don't want to believe. But look at the "evidence" sighted. An observation of something weird in the sky in the 1500's becomes a UFO battle in the sky. A Mayan Steele depicting a ruler on a throne is re-imagined as a man operating a spaceship.  Did a Mayan scholar come up with this? Or a NASA spaceship expert? No. It takes a "UFO researcher" to find a alien spaceship; just as it takes a bigfoot-oligist to see big foot everywhere, and why a believer in ghosts can find a haunted place every weekend while real scientists have never seen one instance of such a thing. 
Find me a piece of a spaceship made from unknown material (strong evidence). Find me a repeating  patterned signal from space (weaker evidence) or a microbe based on something other than DNA or transcript RNA (close to proof).

They've already found extra-terrestrial microbes in a meteorite. The microbes have a completely different biological composition than anything we've ever seen before, they eat arsenic which was previously thought to be toxic to ALL living things...

Also, you've clearly never heard of the "Wow!" signal: http://news.discovery.com/space/alien-signal-response-120627.html

This signal was enough to impress REAL scientists with REAL degrees. Do you really think so many scientists would "waste" their time looking for extra-terrestrial life if there wasn't good reason to believe it existed...?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 06:56:13 PM

I have never encountered other beings or aliens, but I did hear the season finale of Ghost Hunters will be the episode where they finally find definitive proof of the existence of the paranormal.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:23:02 PM

They've already found extra-terrestrial microbes in a meteorite. The microbes have a completely different biological composition than anything we've ever seen before, they eat arsenic which was previously thought to be toxic to ALL living things...
Hugh? I'm a biologist and this is news to me. You may be thinking of a bacteria found in California. It is a DNA based bacteria, clearly related to all other life found on Earth. there has NEVER been a discovery of an extra-Terrestrial life form. Such an observation would be the greatest discovery in the entire history of science!
Also, you've clearly never heard of the "Wow!" signal: http://news.discovery.com/space/alien-signal-response-120627.html

This signal was enough to impress REAL scientists with REAL degrees. Do you really think so many scientists would "waste" their time looking for extra-terrestrial life if there wasn't good reason to believe it existed...?
If you read my earlier posts in this thread you will see that I am aware of the wow signal and commented on it. It is very intriguing, but we don't know enough about such signals to discern anything definitive.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:31:22 PM

+1, it's confirmation bias. Aliens, in whatever form, probably do exist, but I doubt we've made contact yet. What sightings have in common, is usually some weird looking dude reporting them, case in point:

My friends and I saw a metallic ufo last week.  Had a distinct glow around it.  Wobbled through the sky while we were at Hardee's.  Had to be at least 50 feet wide, don't think it was a weather balloon.

You also have to open to the possibility - or even likelihood - that aliens or ufos are inter-dimensional beings or even spirits.  This isn't too far out there, though, for we are inter-dimensional spiritual beings (though less evolved) as well.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:41:32 PM

What sightings have in common, is usually some weird looking dude reporting them

VS

I dunno man... You both look pretty weird to me.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Blind

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:27:20 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 02:39:32 AM by Blind

I dunno man... You both look pretty weird to me.

I'll dare you to call me weird one day, when you beg for my mercy.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 02:23:37 AM

I've met a lot of alilens during my time. They usually come in the disguise of humans, with ordinary human clothes and so on, however the way I revealed their true identity was the way they had only contempt for the human race, and always had a shitty mood and negative outlook of things in general. The worst type has labeled themselves 'business managers', those are the worst type. If you can, shot them first, and bury them at night under a heavy stone.
JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:07:51 AM

Sorry, but it's just not true. Sure people see UFO's all the time (unidentified flying object). But not one single time in all of history did it turn out to be a spaceship from another planet. Not one single time in all of science has a living thing been found anyplace but Earth.
As a scientist myself I don't discount the possibility that a ship could land tomorrow. It may even be likely that life exists elsewhere. But I also operate on evidence. There has never been any evidence of such a thing. Evidence is not a blurry photo or a crackpot website.

Over 400 insane ex-military personnel testified to the existence of aliens under oath.
Ean

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:19:30 PM

I haven't met aliens, but I've met 'other beings'. They still can be seen in remote places where no one goes, mainly woods and mountains. For example, if you go to a forest at night, you may be fortunate enough to see a fairy for a brief moment. There are also other beings, but I'm not sure what they're called in English. Some are pretty dangerous though.

Come, visit this part of the world and maybe you'll see some of them.

which part of the world are you referring to?

Disney World?

Quote from: Douglas Adams
The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:33:32 PM

and the light-speed limit prevents any species from taking over everything at once.

not if you bend the space around the spacecraft. This might not be science fiction anymore.  It's been around since star trek but calculations said the energy needed is the size of Jupiter.  It's one of those wild dreams like time travel or harvesting suns to feed ....yes, warp drives!  That's what we've been fantasizing about.  The longer science fiction exists the more it starts to feel like any of those things may not seem to be so impossible after all.
NASA recently releases news that it's more plausible than thought to create warpdrives, if it has the right shape energy consumption would go down to realistic numbers.  it could travel 10 times the speed of light

déjà-vu

+1 fucking Nasas probably gonna be buildin warp drives and shit
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:46:14 PM

I have never seen an alien but I believe I've seen a UFO.

It was in 1978.

A HUGE triangle shaped craft flew slowly over my house. It made no noise. It was completely black with no lights.

When I say huge I mean about 1 mile on each side It.

it flew so close to the ground and so slow that it could not have been a commercial aircraft.

It was square edged.

I remember this sighting as if it were yesterday and I've always got my eyes to the sky looking for more.

Before anyone accuses me, I was not on drugs. I was 11.

Well that explains it.
schnell

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:53:21 PM

Large, human-like beings. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

I think you're talking about Germans.

Cheesy
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 03:50:22 PM

Large, human-like beings. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

I think you're talking about Germans.

Cheesy

both correct. Originally, they're from Aldebaran actually and quite popular in, ahem, certain circles of the German conspiracy scene.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: