Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:04:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ad space on BTC411.com  (Read 1027 times)
oldschool (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:18:06 AM

I have Advertising space on my blog btc411.com available.

Spaces are available from Operation Fabulous and direct through the blog with AdRotate script.

We are currently running a contest and getting a lot of traffic from that, bitvisitor and reddit.  We will be hosting contests on a regular basis that can be sponsored and will also have a newsletter we send out with ad space available.

Running google analytics and can give detailed traffic information if needed.

Through the ad script we can specify a certain number of impressions, clicks, rotation schedule, always static.  I can find a price for anyone looking to advertise, just let me know how we can best serve your business!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:28:44 PM

Try placing CoinURL banner and link with the text "Your ad here" below it. You will be immediately supplied with the network-wide ads, but when some advertiser will see high valuable traffic from your website, he can place site-specific ad with guaranteed higher CPC.
oldschool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:16:27 PM

Try placing CoinURL banner and link with the text "Your ad here" below it. You will be immediately supplied with the network-wide ads, but when some advertiser will see high valuable traffic from your website, he can place site-specific ad with guaranteed higher CPC.

I'm not 100% familiar with how CoinURL works, but looking at their stats page, and clicking randomly, I couldn't find any publishers that had bids, even the high traffic ones?

https://coinurl.com/stats-publishers.php  (clicking on the 'i' it shows bids)

And even if they get paid for clicks not bid on, the most profitable site dailybitcoins.org with 33k impressions a day gets 24 clicks but only the equivalent of $0.66 USD a day from that???

I would like to switch over and not have any non-bitcoin paid advertising on my site, but my adsense is bringing in on average $1.20 a day.  If I had 24 clicks and 33k impressions a day this would be around 15-30 a day.

Am I missing something?

As I'm writing this the dailybitcoins just got 3 bids?  Is there a problem with the site or the way I am reading it?

I'm taking "Average cost per click" and multiplying by "clicks today" to get daily revenue right?

I just woke up so I hope I'm wrong somewhere on all of this?

giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:16:50 PM

Bidding on particular sites were introduced just a week ago, therefore many advertisers just don't understand what is it and place their ads network-wide. Anyway, even if you don't have any bids, you will be supplied with network-wide ads, so you have no reason to worry.
oldschool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:21:20 PM

Am I wrong on the payout though?  Is it really that low for publishers?
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:30:09 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 07:43:03 PM by giantdragon

Am I wrong on the payout though?  Is it really that low for publishers?
Cost per click is determined solely by the market. We don't set prices. We even currently don't charge any commission fees, i.e. amount paid to publisher = amount paid by advertiser.

Average cost per click on CoinURL currently is about 0.0012 BTC ($0.015), non-Bitcoin ad networks pay even less.
But if some advertiser will decide to bid only on your website, he guaranteed will set higher price.
oldschool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:43:00 PM

Am I wrong on the payout though?  Is it really that low for publishers?
Cost per click is determined solely by the market. We don't set prices. We even currently don't charge any commission fees, i.e. amount paid to publisher = amount paid by advertiser.

Average cost per click on CoinURL currently is about 0.0012 BTC ($0.015), non-Bitcoin ad networks pay even less.
But if some advertiser will decide to bid only of your website, he guaranteed will set higher price.

I'd say your text ads are very similar to google adsense, It looks like the adsense ads and the entire program resembles adsense.  To say non-bitcoin ad networks pay even less is completely inaccurate.  The lowest click from google I've had is around $0.25 and in the past I have had clicks pay over $5.  Generally my clicks come in at around $1 per click.

I don't know if coinurl is your site or not, and I love the site design and the concept.  I think its a great site and I actually signed up to be an advertiser about 10 minutes ago, but as a publisher at this point in time I just can't use the service if its indeed that low.  Hopefully you will get more advertisers signing up which will increase the market.
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:47:17 PM

I'd say your text ads are very similar to google adsense, It looks like the adsense ads and the entire program resembles adsense.  To say non-bitcoin ad networks pay even less is completely inaccurate.  The lowest click from google I've had is around $0.25 and in the past I have had clicks pay over $5.  Generally my clicks come in at around $1 per click.

I tried to setup AdHitz on the Daily Bitcoins for some time, CPC was less than 1 cent.
Google AdSense has very restrictive TOS. I asked him if they accept sites like Daily Bitcoins, they said no.

I don't know if coinurl is your site or not, and I love the site design and the concept.  
CoinURL and Daily Bitcoins both are my sites.
oldschool (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 10:11:00 PM

I am currently getting over 1000 pageviews every day.  In the last week I have gotten over 250 signups to my mailing list.  When I start my mailing list I will also have one ad space on it reserved for my top advertiser on the site.  I have ad space available on Operation Fabulous or through a rotating banner ad script on my blog that has a login area and keeps track of impressions, clicks etc.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested in ad space.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: