Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Citicoin  (Read 2324 times)
czechkid (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

She basically explains it nicely Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIOrMYWBIY

• What do you think with all the mass media can they be better than bitcoin?
  • Would you invest in citicoin?
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 08:46:27 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 09:04:52 PM by metamorphin

This coin will be made by banksters. Its absolutely the opposite from the behaviour of digital currencies!

From me:

NO!  Undecided
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:52:18 PM

-They cannot, in any way, be better than bitcoin. Something like that is basically and literally against the concepts bitcoin is offering--another scheme to gain full control to people's money. They can go on and promote that coin in mass media, but it is up to people whether they want to be controlled or not.

-No, I will never, ever invest any money on a centralized money and is controlled by a bank.
czechkid (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:56:47 PM

-They cannot, in any way, be better than bitcoin. Something like that is basically and literally against the concepts bitcoin is offering--another scheme to gain full control to people's money. They can go on and promote that coin in mass media, but it is up to people whether they want to be controlled or not.

-No, I will never, ever invest any money on a centralized money and is controlled by a bank.

I agree with you but the mass media will effect(brainwash) all the people who know nothing about bitcoin or the ones which are against bitcoin..
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:03:07 PM

I see the banks lauching these "bitcoin alike" solutions all over the place.
It has nothing to do with decentrialized banking, its just an attempt not to fall behind.
The masses would proberly be fooled to thinkg "its like bitcoin, but better".
In fact, its just another mobile payment solution.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:04:37 PM

And what when there is profits to be made? Will you be so principal in that case as well? I doubt it ;')
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:05:27 PM

I agree with you but the mass media will effect(brainwash) all the people who know nothing about bitcoin or the ones which are against bitcoin..

Mass media has done a pretty good job of showing the world what happens when your conventional banking goes wrong in Greece.

It's up to Bitcoinland to broadcast the message about how it stands apart from that. The mass media have done a pretty good job of that themselves in recent weeks in a few cases.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 09:06:29 PM

And what when there is profits to be made? Will you be so principal in that case as well? I doubt it ;')
when a bank like CITIBANK create this coin, than its developed with millions of money...u dont get the gains like here in the decentralized market :-D
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:09:52 PM

when a bank like CITIBANK create this coin, than its developed with millions of money...u dont get the gains like here in the decentralized market :-D

I seriously doubt there'd be any type of gain possible. Banks aren't in the business of creating currencies and thus volatility. It should be rebranded Citipaymentsystem because that's what it'll be. No bank will create anything other than a token redeemable for 'real' currencies.

A Citicoin would make banking a far better experience than the shower of shit it is now. It wouldn't fix many or any of the root problems.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 09:12:10 PM

Their intent to use Citicoin (in part) to benefit the poor and "unbanked" is admirable. This sector of consumers offers less incentive for corporations to pay attention because there isn't much if any revenue to be gained, yet these people have desires and need for services as much as any other consumer...just on a smaller monetary scale. This could enable some better wealth creation by those sitting "at the bottom of the pyramid". I'd love to see how serious their convictions are on this part of the Citicoin project.

I'd also be curious how governments would use it within their current monetary system.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:14:29 PM

If there are profits to be made? I would still stand by my principles. I'd rather be poor than join the entities that make the people poorer just to be rich. There are other ways to earn money, and I would be happy to do that than to invest in a scheme created by banks. Smiley

That is truly correct, the media has the power to affect the mindset of people. But that doesn't mean that we, as individuals, would only believe the messages that the media is trying to convey; we still have our own judgments and diligence to deal with such matters. See where we are right now? Flocking in this forum and using a decentralized cryptocurrency mainly because our judgments led us here.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:19:40 PM

Will it be decentralized? Is it proof-of-work? hahaha.

This is a great example of the philosophy Let's run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it, also known as the Let's throw everything at the wall and see what sticks approach to business.

Indeed, investment bankers and banking executive are aware of blockchain technology. But Citicoin doesn't impress me whatsoever.

Try harder Citigroup.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:29:18 PM

Ripple clone

most likely a ripple clone with infinitive supply for them to create has many coins has they want, just like the do now.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 03:09:34 AM

I don't understand what's the point of having the blockchain for transparency when the inherent problem we are facing right now is on the centralization. We want to avoid manipulation and yet we have a system created solely for this and yet it does not serve its objective. My answer is a clear "No". It's still bitcoin.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:58:29 AM

this is simply an altcoin and worst of all it is a centralized one.
so there is NO way i would even consider investing in something like that. i think the risks of investing in it is way higher than investing in a random alt(scam)coin because there is a big financial team behind it that can mess with the price way worse than that alt(scam)coin!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:12:55 AM

Blockchain technology allows for making transactions and recording transactions much simpler and easier.

What is missing is the safety net assuring that people's money are safe.

Bottom line of those two things...

A bank can use the blockchain internally to make it's processes much cheaper. And it has the consumer trust and insurance that people want that their money/btcs/ctcs are safe no matter what.

On the other hand bitcoin... has the same blockchain technology, but only really nerds like us in here feel somewhat capable of keeping wealth in bitcoin... normal people would run screaming away if they understood the troubles of keeping bitcoins safe themselves...

So - for the average consumer.... citicoin might have a huge advantage right now...

Except for people who use bitcoin as a protest against the federal system etc instead of for its efficiency properties.

Bitcoin needs to quickly come up with better security measures for individuals... that is basically the interface between the currency blockchain and the consumer.... just like with the internet and many other things we had the technology first, but it did not at all take off until the interface was userfriendly enough...

Let's go.... get that sorted.... so that bitcoin has a chance...
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:00:45 AM

why are so many people surprised? did you guys really think banks will create something that supports the important aspects of bitcoin? they are only interested in having full control over everything.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 05:42:05 AM

shiticoin tooooo daaaa mOOOOOOOOON!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:50:23 AM

honestly any cin in the altcoin section is vastly better than this scam fiat in disguise, at least they are decentralized

but despite this i know that the masses which is like a giant flock of sheep, will follow them blindly
Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:39:20 AM

I can only reply to so many of them stupid knob head comments. I had to stop.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: