Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for profitable mining with ASICs, GPUs and CPUs?  (Read 685 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 10:23:30 PM

The ArtByte (formerly AppleByte) pool is profitable for ASICs, GPUs, and CPUs for two reasons:

1. The linux source code was not released in order to limit the ability of the large multipools to mine the coin.

2. The official ArtByte (formerly AppleByte) pool pays a bonus to GPU & CPU miners on every block the pool finds. This bonus is paid by the AppleByte Foundation, not the miners.

ArtByte (formerly AppleByte) official pool: http://pool.applebyte.me

AppleByte/ArtByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

Details on AppleByte/ArtByte

Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:27:03 PM

CPU and GPU mining scrypt? Are you mad?

Not your keys, not your coins!
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 10:29:57 PM

Try the pool and see for yourself. What makes it profitable is the bonus the pool pays.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:47:33 PM

I wholeheartedly recommend the AppleByte pool. I have used it since the coin launched.

The bonus paid on CPU & GPU mining makes it work, and the low total hash rate on the coin makes ASIC mining still profitable as well.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:49:55 PM

I wholeheartedly recommend the AppleByte pool. I have used it since the coin launched.

The bonus paid on CPU & GPU mining makes it work, and the low total hash rate on the coin makes ASIC mining still profitable as well.

"The pool is back up and we have removed the 25mhs limit and welcome all miners"

So the limit is removed so go ASICs and maybe it's just me who didn't see any info on the bonus rewards for low hashrates but it would be nice if there would be some transparency regarding that.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:54:54 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:26:16 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 03:55:47 PM

"The pool is back up and we have removed the 25mhs limit and welcome all miners"

So the limit is removed so go ASICs and maybe it's just me who didn't see any info on the bonus rewards for low hashrates but it would be nice if there would be some transparency regarding that.

Below is a quote from our post about the pool bonus back in September 2014 that explains how we do it. Basically MPOS has a feature that allows the pool to pay a bonus to all miners each time a block is found by the pool. The bonus is the same to each miner. It varies but normally runs about 100 ABY a day. If you are mining with a CPU, that will be the largest percentage of what you mine. If you are mining with an ASIC and receiving for example 25,000 ABY a day, you still get the 100 ABY bonus, but percentage wise that is not much of a difference.

Since many of our longterm miners are now getting the new ASICs, AppleByte is raising it's hash limit from 10mhs to 25mhs (per person)

Additionally to keep the pool attractive for CPU & GPU miners, we will triple the bonus paid to our CPU & GPU miners.

Technical details:

AppleByte is closed source (with no linux versions released), so there is only one pool. This was done specifically to minimize the opportunity for large mining farms & multipools to mine AppleByte (since 95% of them run linux).

To make AppleByte newbie friendly, we have a CPU pool miner builtin to the wallet. To insure that CPU mining & small GPU mining remains profitable, we pay a bonus to every pool miner on every block. So every miner gets the same bonus, regardless of how much hash they use in the pool.

If you CPU mine with 1.5 khs, your bonus is approx. 100 ABY per day. If you mine with 30mhs, you get the same bonus of 100 ABY per day. Of course the bonus is on top of whatever you mine with your hash. The bonus does not come out of any miners share, but is funded by the AppleByte Foundation.

Pool: http://pool.applebyte.me

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 02:52:37 PM

ArtByte (formerly AppleByte) has risen 70% in the last week, making mining even more profitable.

AppleByte/ArtByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:21:31 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 03:20:22 AM by bit1

Some people love the past.

Who the past to define can? When you finished of read this was on the past. Speaking about crypto so many algos has been created, On couple of months ago peoples mocked about algo scrypt and see now, It keep how the more used even on new coins. So the past present and future could be only a human invention more.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: