Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:49:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: extinguishing Western union  (Read 3183 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 07:02:28 AM

A a community we're doing a poor job of getting this message out to the Western Union customer base.
It's easy to imagine that we'd have an significant conversion rate if they were made aware of the savings...
So how do we do this?

We could pick a "Western Union day" and show up near each of our local Western Union locations with some information and bitcoins?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:14:10 AM

How do you think Bitcoin could prevent crimes by remittance? How could you prove the origin of the funds?

Nowhere in the definition of money does it include the ability to prevent crimes.

That is what police are for. Maybe focus on updating the ancient police system? Bitcoin is taking care of updating the ancient money system.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
wayayo

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:13:02 AM

I use Bitcoin for remittance from US to Germany.

The guys in the office who have the same pay setup usually pay around 5% to get euros. But they do it through their bank. They have to pay an international wire transfer fee plus they exchange rate they give is always a few percentage off of the real exchange rate.

I get paid in bitcoins through BitWage and charge 10% to sell bitcoins via localbitcoins.

Ideally for those in the Philippines or anywhere else for that matter they would do something similar. The person in the US could choose to get a percentage of their paycheck direct deposited into bitcoins. Then their family back home could set up a business selling bitcoins, even for just 1-2% and they come out ahead while providing a good service to the locals who want to buy bitcoins at a good rate.

I always have a lot more people buying bitcoins with euros than I can spend in a month, so I just deposit the extra in the bank and buy more bitcoins.

Though people need to remember, there are over 500,000 Western Union locations in the world. They're not going down any time soon, if just for the convenience of it.

One guy here at work sends money to his ex-wife via Western Union. He's into bitcoins and has some and we tried to figure out how he could do the same thing using bitcoins. But his ex always wants that money the same day. She could probably do localbitcoins but I think he'd rather pay the extra money than deal with fighting with her over it.

In the Philippines we now have Free Instant Atm Cardless withdrawal. Western Union can't beat that. Trasferring from bitcoin to local currency is practically zero rate.

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:48:44 PM

In the Philippines we now have Free Instant Atm Cardless withdrawal. Western Union can't beat that. Trasferring from bitcoin to local currency is practically zero rate.

That sounds good! How many of them are there in the PI, and where are they located?
Who's installing these? Can you provide a link?

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

How do you think Bitcoin could prevent crimes by remittance? How could you prove the origin of the funds?

Nowhere in the definition of money does it include the ability to prevent crimes.

That is what police are for. Maybe focus on updating the ancient police system? Bitcoin is taking care of updating the ancient money system.

Very true, in fact, the Bitcoin system is better for law enforcement than straight up cash since everything is recorded on the public ledger, while cash is total obfuscation as long as you don't move it through banking system. If Amir keeps working on DarkWallet tho.. they'll have problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: