Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW BTC-e is so huge!!!!  (Read 1286 times)
JohnnyPreston13 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 02:34:53 AM

I didn't even know that we had a forum! I been straight troll box from the beginning.

I this place lively? should I stick around?

my online investments look like $600

-JohnnyPreston13

dubsnsteps.tumblr.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:36:23 AM

I didn't even know that we had a forum! I been straight troll box from the beginning.

-JohnnyPreston13

dubsnsteps.tumblr.com

The troll box at one time I enjoyed watching made for a funny times.  But got old kinda quick.

I'm surprised you have not seen this forum if you purchased BTC.  This is pretty much one of the first stops for anyone.  But best of luck with the forum.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:56:45 AM

it is lively only because of signature, if it wasn't for that it would be akin to litecointalk, pretty much dead, there is a reason why theimos is allowing signature, because it increase traffic

if you can find a better exchange would be better, poloniex and cex.io have a good troll box and very funny moments, but they offer altcoin trading too and not only litecoin
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:07:10 AM

it is lively only because of signature, if it wasn't for that it would be akin to litecointalk, pretty much dead, there is a reason why theimos is allowing signature, because it increase traffic

if you can find a better exchange would be better, poloniex and cex.io have a good troll box and very funny moments, but they offer altcoin trading too and not only litecoin

I would agree some.  I really enjoy the site and have fun reading about gear and mining. 

Some hate signature's but I think if used right it is a great tool to get higher quality posts.  And also getting people to post and help others and be able to earn a little bit of coin.

I think it is good for forum and posters.  But that's just my 2 cents.  There is TONs of good information here, compare that to BTC-e chat that was mentioned is 90 percent trolls.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 06:41:32 AM

i would not use that service if you can use another, better service. btc-e is an old but shady exchange.

Coinbase, Kranken, Bitstamp, Circle are better exchanges.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 08:53:07 AM

BTC-e is huge exchange, but it could be dangerous since the owner is anonymous & their customer support isn't too good
You better use BitStamp or BitFinex. BUt, you also can use Coinbase or Circle since the process is easier Smiley

Yes, it could be dangerous since owner is anonymous but not dangerous as "owner-known" exchanges like Coinbase, Bitstamp, Bitfinex and Circle.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 11:48:10 AM

-JohnnyPreston13

dubsnsteps.tumblr.com

Oh, welcome to the forum Smiley

This forum is crowded, because sig campaign and altcoin ANN thread.
You should, you can get a lot cryptocurrency information here, one place, more info. Also you should visit reddit.com/r/Bitcoin

Just buy and HOLD, is good investment. Maybe use other exchanger, it's good idea, like guys above me said, BTC-e is unknown-owner.
gandalfar

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:11:12 PM

I myself just knew about this forum a little more than a month ago but that was about the time I knew about BTC, Pretty much everything related to bitcoins redirects you back to this forum.
I prefer BTC-E myself as although it's a little shady but not as stingy as the other exchanges in verification as far as I remember.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:35:38 PM

This forum is indispensable if you have any questions regarding Bitcoin. Say your wallet is not working as it should, or if there is some technical issue you do not understand. Also good for news on development, new projects, legal issues.

If you are used to the troll box you might be able to recognize that the "securities" section here is 100% scams, ponzis and rip-offs. Don't invest in anything there, no matter what anyone says.

There's plenty of good reading here, also plenty drivel, but over all informative and entertaining.

It's not ALL sig posters....
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:57:18 PM

This is not the BTC-E forum, this is the Bitcoin forum. No association with btc-e. BTC-e is small comparated to Bitcointalk, and even when compared to other big exchanges.

If someone from trollbox said that this is the BTC-E forum, he trolled you
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:04:36 PM

I myself just knew about this forum a little more than a month ago but that was about the time I knew about BTC, Pretty much everything related to bitcoins redirects you back to this forum.
I prefer BTC-E myself as although it's a little shady but not as stingy as the other exchanges in verification as far as I remember.

I can't believe BTC-E still exists those days Smiley. Only thing, nobody knows who the owners are.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:51:27 AM

I recommend you keep most coins in cold storage and do not rely on an exchange to hold your coins long term
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:55:28 AM

I recommend you keep most coins in cold storage and do not rely on an exchange to hold your coins long term

This is very good idea.  Either USB drives with it or paper wallets.   If done properly do wonders.

It means YOU keep control of your BTC no matter what.   This is huge not to mention if done right it is much safer.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 06:31:25 AM

This is very good idea.  Either USB drives with it or paper wallets.   If done properly do wonders.

It means YOU keep control of your BTC no matter what.   This is huge not to mention if done right it is much safer.

or a hardware wallet  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:01:25 AM

This is very good idea.  Either USB drives with it or paper wallets.   If done properly do wonders.

It means YOU keep control of your BTC no matter what.   This is huge not to mention if done right it is much safer.

only if it'is really cheap like beatbox or hw1, i'm against suggesting new comers to spend 100 for something that is even difficult to understand for them
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:16:00 AM

only if it'is really cheap like beatbox or hw1, i'm against suggesting new comers to spend 100 for something that is even difficult to understand for them

My hate with hardware wallets is when someone new buy's a used one.   Always buy a new hardware wallet from a authorized source.

If you buy used sure chances are it's ok.  But you never really know for sure and it could have been tampered with.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:02:10 AM

BTC-e is huge exchange, but it could be dangerous since the owner is anonymous & their customer support isn't too good
You better use BitStamp or BitFinex. BUt, you also can use Coinbase or Circle since the process is easier Smiley

Yes, it could be dangerous since owner is anonymous but not dangerous as "owner-known" exchanges like Coinbase, Bitstamp, Bitfinex and Circle.

BTC-E is one of the oldest bitcoin exchanger. I've use it more than 2 years. I've traded more than 100 btc in btc-e with no problem.

Having known the owner doen't make it secure. Look at the big sh!t mtgox that was owned by karpales and many other exchanger and bitcoins sites that has known owner.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:59:45 AM

BTC-E is one of the oldest bitcoin exchanger. I've use it more than 2 years. I've traded more than 100 btc in btc-e with no problem.

Having known the owner doen't make it secure. Look at the big sh!t mtgox that was owned by karpales and many other exchanger and bitcoins sites that has known owner.

It is a very popular exchange.  It just is not known for the most timely support.   

If in US the above exchanges might be better for user if there is a issue.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:42:55 AM

-JohnnyPreston13

dubsnsteps.tumblr.com
I could not decide if you are talking about bitcointalk or btc-e. Bitcointalk is the biggest and the oldest Bitcoin forum in the world, Satoshi - creator of bitcoin posted here back in the days.
If you are bitcoin user it is rather surprising that you didn't register here sooner. And if you are talking about BTC-e it is not even the top 3 exchanges by volume.
As you can see here: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:38:39 AM

i personally don't like BTC-e for my trades , it is partly because of its looks which i am not comfortable with. and also partly because i have heard a lot of complains about long withdrawals, hacked accounts, bad support , ....

nowadays i prefer using bittrex and sometimes cryptsy for some coins that are not on bittrex.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: