Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:05:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - How am I going to pay?  (Read 977 times)
rapidly09 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:35:39 AM

Hello guys!

I'm a beginner and I have some questions about bitcoin.  Smiley

I decided to use hivewallet to store my bitcoins in my mac computer. I'll buy bitcoins from some local exchange. I want to pay my server bills and some other stuff using bitcoins but I am kinda confused. Lots of companies seem to use BitPay to accept bitcoins, but how does it work? When I order something, how will it work? For instance, when you click an app on the apple's website, it tries to open appstore on your computer and redirects you to there.

Does it work the same way? When I order something, will the order page talk to my bitcoin wallet by opening a dialog window or something?

Thanks!
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:46:57 AM

when you proceed to pay for your purchase, a bitpay window should come up where it will tell you an address to send your bitcoin to as well as the amount. don't expect it to conveniently open your bitcoin wallet for you and complete the transaction; just open your wallet and copy+paste the values for the address to send to as well as the amount. no matter which wallet, as long as the bitcoin is received to that address on bitpay's end, your purchase will be completed..

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:38:25 AM

You can view a demonstration BitPay order page here: bitpay.com/demos
This should give you an idea of what to expect.

don't expect it to conveniently open your bitcoin wallet for you and complete the transaction;
For clarification, the reason you should not expect this is because Hive currently doesn't support this feature. Otherwise, clicking the "Pay with Bitcoin" on the BitPay invoice would indeed open your wallet's send dialog with all the details filled out correctly, at which point all you generally need to do is enter your passphrase to authorise the payment.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
rapidly09 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:08:26 AM

don't expect it to conveniently open your bitcoin wallet for you and complete the transaction;
For clarification, the reason you should not expect this is because Hive currently doesn't support this feature. Otherwise, clicking the "Pay with Bitcoin" on the BitPay invoice would indeed open your wallet's send dialog with all the details filled out correctly, at which point all you generally need to do is enter your passphrase to authorise the payment.
Which wallet should I use then, could you please recommend one? I want to make it as frictionless as possible.

Thanks for the replies!
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:44:11 AM

Which wallet should I use then, could you please recommend one? I want to make it as frictionless as possible.

Thanks for the replies!

I suggest you use blockchain.info wallet. Its easy to use and very user-friendly.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 06:45:29 AM

you can see some wallets (and pics of it) here:

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

blockchain.info is okay but it is not very noob-friendly in my view.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:55:46 AM

you can see some wallets (and pics of it) here:

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

blockchain.info is okay but it is not very noob-friendly in my view.

rather than being not noob-friendly, i consider it unreliable; the recent (going back ~1 year) issues with blockchain makes me consider it unreliable, and the downtimes are more frequent than whats needed of the service blockchain.info provides. i would say armory, multibit, or electrum are better choices.

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 12:14:16 PM

Thanks for the replies!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973768.0 You don't need a download the data which have over 20GB. Secure wallet which have more feature security, but not 100% app is secure, you need to clean your device from any malicious / malware, for reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203876.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=17240.0

Good luck and welcome.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:24:45 PM

MultiBit and Electrum both support opening Bitcoin links.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:09:22 PM

In the end, you can always (!) write BTC address from order to your device (in this example your mobile phone) to send BTC.
Quicker forms like scanning QR codes are optional.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:11:51 PM

I wouldn't recommend MultiBit. I'll recommend Electrum for this

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
silverolivia

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:40:47 PM

Why wouldn't you recommend MultiBit?
I am using it for a quiet a while already. And everything seems fine. Hadn't have any problems with it.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:49:53 PM

I am using it for a quiet a while already. And everything seems fine. Hadn't have any problems with it.

same with me, although i suspect its just a personal preference as to why he recommended against multibit, ive been using multibit as my hot wallet for some time now with very few issues, all of them being having to resync with the blockchain every now and then. also, the developer of multibit is quite active on the forum and is incredibly helpful in answering anyone's questions in the multibit subsection.

silverolivia

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:24:25 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 05:14:03 PM by silverolivia

same with me, although i suspect its just a personal preference as to why he recommended against multibit, ive been using multibit as my hot wallet for some time now with very few issues, all of them being having to resync with the blockchain every now and then. also, the developer of multibit is quite active on the forum and is incredibly helpful in answering anyone's questions in the multibit subsection.
Yes! It is always good when developers are staying active. At least when we have any questions or issues come up, we can easily solve it by contacting them Smiley
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:32:47 PM

Hello guys!

I'm a beginner and I have some questions about bitcoin.  Smiley

I decided to use hivewallet to store my bitcoins in my mac computer. I'll buy bitcoins from some local exchange. I want to pay my server bills and some other stuff using bitcoins but I am kinda confused. Lots of companies seem to use BitPay to accept bitcoins, but how does it work? When I order something, how will it work? For instance, when you click an app on the apple's website, it tries to open appstore on your computer and redirects you to there.

Does it work the same way? When I order something, will the order page talk to my bitcoin wallet by opening a dialog window or something?

Thanks!

Every merchant has its way to realize the payment with bitcoin. Follow the steps showed by the merchants and everything will be clear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: