Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New & Sleazy Spammer Sending Micropayments to 1mtgox......  (Read 623 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:41:26 AM

Currently clogging the blockchain with payments of $0.01 is this example:

https://blockchain.info/tx/8cb2b6982cad00eab2e4900ef6a5376c0d76ffacf505219e2740879dbd99d1cb

With this recipient (bolding mine):

1mtgoxNrDZgrs6zP1MdEToSNTAeeeU2VH

blockchain.info has a "double spend" warning, and there is a comment "Brainwallet - password" included as each $0.01 trx goes by.

I saw a few days ago some similar (same?) sleazeballs clogging the blockchain with a "1FUCK......" address.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:50:16 AM

As every day goes on I get more disheartened because of all the scammers that are into bitcoin. Every day scum are trying to beg, borrow or steal bitcoin it's very depressing. I'm sick of hearing about negatives, problem is there doesn't seem to be many positives anymore Sad.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:01:10 AM

hedgy73

Yeah, I hear you.  It's hard enough for many of us (self-taught non-programmers) just keeping up with the general complexity of Bitcoin.  When you throw in the scams and spams, it just pollutes the Bitcoin Ecosystem.

At least for now I know that I can buy GOLD with my BTC (Veldt Gold here at bitcointalk and Provident Metals have both worked fine for me).

I am still in the camp that believes raising the minimum transaction (to, say, BTC0.001 ($0.28)) and/or minimum miner's fee of, say, BTC0.0003 ($0.08 -- the amount I pay, happily, to get my transaction to go through quickly).

OK, the micropayments feature of BTC would be lost.

But, those who want to send real amounts of money would have security, with much less BS... 

Bitcoin is too valuable a technology to let the scammer/spammer ruin it for those who want to do real business.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:13:57 AM

Thanks OROBTC glad I'm not the only one that's fed up with most of it. I'm in the same boat as you being a non programmer and trying to keep up with the technology, it's a struggle.

Some days I really do wonder why I bother coming on here to read more of the same crap. I might take a break from here and see if it makes me feel any different. I'm very passionate about bitcoin but the constant battle with scum and scammers is tiring.

I agree with you about the fees that can only be a good thing.

ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:34:02 AM

I thought they implemented something forcing higher fees to stop this? Make those spammers pay!  Angry
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:44:50 PM

As every day goes on I get more disheartened because of all the scammers that are into bitcoin. Every day scum are trying to beg, borrow or steal bitcoin it's very depressing. I'm sick of hearing about negatives, problem is there doesn't seem to be many positives anymore Sad.

I will take the other side of this argument and say the fact that Bitcoin is real money means it is only natural to attract greed, opportunism, etc.  It is confirmation.  Also if you don't see all the good things happening, you aren't paying attention.  Bill Gates recently promoting BTC in Africa.

Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:53:43 PM

It is the perfect currency for a scammer. If you get your hands on the coins noone is ever going to get it away from you. Protected by anonymity...
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:59:59 PM

Dude we are in 1992 internet. Of course people are going to be using all the confusion and novelty scenario on their advantage. Nobody said it would be easy to be a pioneer. Sell now if you don't like it, cry later when your mom is using Bitcoin to make groceries.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: