Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:11:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking at Pokerstars  (Read 2647 times)
coinrider (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:14:00 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 11:19:16 PM by coinrider

Hi,

I want to create a staking plan for the $2,50 SnG (180 plrs) Turbo game at Pokerstars.

Right now I want to start with 50 games which will be completed during a period of 2 weeks.

Total stake is $125 ( ~ 10 btc ) and it will be divided into 20 shares of 0,5 BTC each ( 5% - per share, worth of total winnings pool ). I take 50% of winnings and 50% goes to shareholders. It will be payed back as BTC.

The reason for why I'm doing this staking is because I am more responsible in game when I'm playing for other people.

I will list here and keep it up-to-date with every game played along the tournament ID.

Thank you.
coinrider (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:34:41 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 11:53:03 AM by coinrider

I have reconsidered the time in which the games should be completed and it will be ~3 weeks or less, because 2 weeks it's a little bit short.
I'm planning to play around 3 games/ day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtNGkSzh1o

20/20 shares available.
coinrider (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:12:04 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 02:22:39 PM by coinrider

Quick math:

For 10 games won ( 20% winning rate ) out of 50, you get $30 per share = 2,5 BTC / share. So I can loose 80% of games, out with $0 and you will still get $30 for every share you bought.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:35:10 PM

So you are asking to borrow other peoples money so you can go gamble it away?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
coinrider (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:38:00 PM

Yea' yea' troll somewhere else.

This isn't borrowing.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:44:34 PM

This isn't borrowing.

Right, it is not borrowing because you are not promising to pay any of it back. Why are you posting this in "Lending" instead of "Gambling"?

Oh, and you basically asked to be trolled by sticking that spammy looking post in "Securities". Get a clue, look at how all the other subjects are formatted, see how yours does not fit in?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
coinrider (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:48:45 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 03:05:55 PM by coinrider

This isn't borrowing.

Right, it is not borrowing because you are not promising to pay any of it back. Why are you posting this in "Lending" instead of "Gambling"?

I don't like that specific section of the forum, but I posted there some directions to this topic also.

This is an investment, is not gambling and is not loaning. I don't throw it all away in a single game of dices. I invest time and concentration in it to get the most out of it.

Oh, and you basically asked to be trolled by sticking that spammy looking post in "Securities". Get a clue, look at how all the other subjects are formatted, see how yours does not fit in?

Edited.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:10:58 PM

This sounds once again like Iamtheone coming back to spin a new gamble scam to disappear with peoples btc.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3078

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:13:32 PM

This is an investment, is not gambling and is not loaning. I don't throw it all away in a single game of dices. I invest time and concentration in it to get the most out of it.

Playing poker is not an investment.   Huh    It is gambling - please move to the proper thread.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:34:56 PM

that's exactly what he's doing
coinrider (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:44:30 PM

Guy with wallet address in his signature for begging, keep your comments somewhere else, maybe in the newbies area for the sake of posts count.

As for the other 2 fellas please do the same as the guy above.

I don't know who is Iamtheone, I'm rather new to the bitcoin currency and also in this community.

@Mlawrence  As I told to bitcoinbear, when you play one game is gambling. You mistake roulette with poker.
coinrider (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:00:07 PM

On the "scammers" subject,

Guys if you treat everybody as scammers it can't be good.

The ones who have lended money and got scammed, they are grown-up people and they have assumed in a consciously way the risk of not getting their money back. So mind your own business!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:05:58 PM

Guy with wallet address in his signature for begging, keep your comments somewhere else, maybe in the newbies area for the sake of posts count.

I don't know who is Iamtheone, I'm rather new to the bitcoin currency and also in this community.

@Mlawrence  As I told to bitcoinbear, when you play one game is gambling. You mistake roulette with poker.

Gambling
gerund
      a : playing a game for money or property
      b : betting on an uncertain outcome
2 : staking something on a contingency : taking a chance

I'd say that poker is most certainly gambling.  It is a game that you are playing for money or propery, you are betting on the outcome of dealt hands, you are staking money on a contingency of having the best hand, and you are taking a chance that someone else won't have a better hand (or that you can out wait the blind/ante).
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:08:06 PM

Playing poker is not an investment.   Huh    It is gambling - please move to the proper thread.
Poker is a skill-based game over a large number of games.  Players offering others a stake in their play is actually quite common, for example http://staking.parttimepoker.com/ and http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/135/staking/index2.html.

That said, if the OP is a winning poker player, he probably should be able to bankroll low-stakes SNGs himself.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:21:38 PM

Poker is a skill-based game over a large number of games.
In which money (or something of value) is gambled on the outcome.

Players offering others a stake in their play is actually quite common. . .
Yes, it is common for poker player to acquire loans from others to enter tournaments with the repayment of the loan (along with any additional fee) contingent upon the player winning money in the gamble.

How exactly does the fact that it's common for poker players to acquire loans so that they can gamble with money that belongs to someone else prove the opposite in this case?

Also, what proof has the OP provided that he is a skilled player who has a better than average chance of winning?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3078

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:36:29 PM

Poker is a skill-based game over a large number of games.
In which money (or something of value) is gambled on the outcome.

Not true - one can play poker just for fun.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:42:24 PM

Also, what proof has the OP provided that he is a skilled player who has a better than average chance of winning?
Yes, players looking for stakes usually post proof that they are a winning player.

I am not vouching for the OP, but rather defending the concept of poker staking as a whole.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:42:50 PM

you have a not so rare talent for offending people. I never begged for money and I don't intend to. I'm just stating the obvious here and agreeing with poster above. Chill out.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:12:28 PM

What is your PokerStars screen name?
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:41:17 PM

This is called a "stake" and very common thing in the poker world. Visit chipmeup.com for example. OP needs to actually be able to prove he can actually win at poker however.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: