Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Wishes Muslims Happy Ramadan on Day of Tennessee Shooting  (Read 419 times)
KriszDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:19:27 AM

"Michelle and I would like to extend our warmest wishes to Muslims in the United States and around the world celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr," the statement reads. "As Muslims mark the end of the month, they are reminded that Ramadan is a time to reflect spiritually, build communally, and aid those in need. While Eid marks the end of Ramadan, it marks a new beginning for each individual — a reason to celebrate and express gratitude on this holiday."

Obama also uses the opportunity to ask Americans to respect people of all faiths.

"As Muslim Americans celebrate Eid across America, the holiday is a reminder to every American of the importance of respecting those of all faiths and beliefs," the statement reads. "This past year New York City Public Schools announced adding Eid to their official school calendars alongside Christmas, Hanukkah and other holidays — an acknowledgement of the great diversity and inclusiveness that adds to the richness of our nation."

The statement closes by saying, "Michelle and I hope today brings joy to all of your homes, both here in the U.S. and around the world. From my family to yours, Eid Mubarak!"

On Thursday, 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez of Hixon, Tenn. is alleged to have shot at two military offices in Chattanooga — a recruiting center and a Navy reserve center. Four Marines were killed at the reserve center. Another person was wounded at the recruiting center.

Abdulazeez, who is believed to have been born in Kuwait, was shot and killed. Authorities have not said if he shot himself or if police shot him.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Ramadan/2015/07/16/id/657553/

What a great sense of timing the leader of all American has... are you as insulted by this wishing to all American a great "Joy" as I am? And the families of four dead Marines, does Obama wishes them joy too and if not, why not?

It certainly appears, Obama places goodwill of moslems over the feelings of Americans

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lugaticaa

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:20:31 AM

I'm offended. Instead of saying Ramadan, should he be saying Holiday Season?
KriszDev (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:21:54 AM

I'm offended. Instead of saying Ramadan, should he be saying Holiday Season?

I've no problems with wishing anyone a holidays greetings. But it does fly in the faces of these killed yesterday by Islamic terrorist. What about putting the feelings of Americans first? Why is he so insensitive?
little.cheekie

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:24:17 AM

I guess it's a good thing that white conservative guy didn't do "the Charleston" during the Christmas season or your President would've had to exclude more than half the country from the annual message. How dare he not judge over a billion people by the actions of one loon! Thank God we true patriots don't practice identity politics, generalize and lump everyone into groups!
Gijina

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:24:54 AM

I read he did this AFTER the shooting. Please tell me that that is wrong...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:25:49 AM

I'm offended.

Why are you offended? He just wished Happy Ramadan to the American Muslims. What this has to do with the terrorist attack? After all, there are some 3 million Muslims living in the United States. If Obama can greet his constituents on the occasions of Diwali and Rosh Hashanah, then why can't he do the same on the occasion of Ramadan?
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:25:55 AM

This shooting was a tragedy, but it's no reason to hate Muslims. I also wish Muslims a happy Ramadan.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:34:42 AM

This should come as no surprise. It's Barack Obama, ffs.

This shooting was a tragedy, but it's no reason to hate Muslims. I also wish Muslims a happy Ramadan.

Of course. Besides, it was only military members who were killed. I think some on the left lovingly refer to them as "baby killers" and spit in their faces, so no big loss, right?
KriszDev (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:36:52 AM

No. The shooting was not a tragedy but an action looked on favorably by the Moslem Deity himself, an act of war practiced by good, religious moslems worldwide daily. Did you know, a killing of non-believers during the month of Ramadan is counted in islam as being twice the good deed?
abasin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:38:43 AM

I guess it's a good thing that white conservative guy didn't do "the Charleston" during the Christmas season or your President would've had to exclude more than half the country from the annual message. How dare he not judge over a billion people by the actions of one loon! Thank God we true patriots don't practice identity politics, generalize and lump everyone into groups!

It's a good thing you're here to excuse everything Obama does.

Did you help him draw those 'red lines' in the sand? They seem to be working about as much as the world knew they would.
rio3232

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:41:00 AM

No. The shooting was not a tragedy but an action looked on favorably by the Moslem Deity himself, an act of war practiced by good, religious moslems worldwide daily. Did you know, a killing of non-believers during the month of Ramadan is counted in islam as being twice the good deed?

As we speak, 1 million American Muslims are arming themselves and preparing for their Holy war. This guy was a radical and no more representative of Islam than the WBC is of Christianity.
ezly

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:41:57 AM

25 second google, youtube search.
Pathetic.

NB Not you papastox, you actually asked the question (though frankly you probably could have taken the time to look it up yourself)
KriszDev (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:43:25 AM

As we speak, 1 million American Muslims are arming themselves and preparing for their Holy war. This guy was a radical and no more representative of Islam than the WBC is of Christianity.

If I had the time, I'd offer you statistics of how many American moslems are supportive of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and justify terror attacks, jihad etc etc. But you can google it yourself and be shocked. My flight' been called, adiós.
monas

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:44:52 AM

How many people have been murdered by WBC? As despicable as they are, this Muslim is far worse!

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
KriszDev (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:45:27 AM

25 second google, youtube search.
Pathetic.

NB Not you papastox, you actually asked the question (though frankly you probably could have taken the time to look it up yourself)

What difference does it all makes at this point? Do you think, Obama's 2015 congratulations to moslems on Ramadan was any less sincere then in 2009?
Loqkani07

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:46:22 AM

Roof didn't murder in the name of Christianity - these Islamic psychos DO!
jeckman

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:48:27 AM

Is the white body count over nine yet? That seems to be the magic number.
Ilirix

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:49:41 AM

Roof didn't murder in the name of Christianity - these Islamic psychos DO!

Correctomundo! He murdered in the name of the master race. Wasn't aware that murdering in the name of religion was so much worse than murdering in the cause of melanin content. Maybe I'm not on the true patriot mailing list.
eaglerock

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:51:36 AM

What difference does it all makes at this point? Do you think, Obama's 2015 congratulations to moslems on Ramadan was any less sincere then in 2009?

Personally, it makes a difference to my integrity. I don't post a six year old video implying it was recent, or right after the tragedy that happened. The article linked to states that the posted standard Ramadan wishes were posted at an undetermined time.
ended

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:59:15 AM

And so?

It's the end of their holiday? Other than ignorance and bigotry, what reason is there that he wouldn't wish them Eid Mubarak?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: