Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:12:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Exhibit Of Michael Brown’s Lifeless Body Opens in Chicago  (Read 609 times)
tiffany8 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--SXsTqPf5--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1342124259499766954.png

In Chicago, a new art exhibit will feature a life-size installation of Michael Brown’s corpse lying face down on the floor surrounded by police caution tape.

The exhibit, according to WGN, at Gallery Guichard is called “Confronting Truths: Wake Up!” and includes the Brown work by New Orleans-based artist Ti-Rock Moore. Moore, a white woman, says the work represents “white privilege in America and how it negatively affects the black community now and has for generations.”

Read Here

White privilege didn't kill Brown, his upbringing and environment probably had more to do with it than anything else. All this is doing is stirring up emotions and instilling the thought that blacks are getting the short end of the stick and paying for it with their lives and it's all because of the white man.

This exhibit is tasteless, incendiary, and even Brown's parents are against it, although I don't know the exact reasons why.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fitimi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:04:26 AM

Not sure they got those pants low enough.

I wonder if the artist put Swisher Sweets next to him on the ground?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
Loqkani07

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:05:15 AM

Ok, I just thought of something...

So this is in Chicago....does that mean there are no black deaths in Chicago that are worthy of this attention ?

Only certain black lives matter?
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:06:33 AM

Where is the

"This is what happens when you charge a cop. Even if you are 6'3".

This display is very needed in Chicago but without the warning it doesn't serve the useful purpose.
krenare

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:07:49 AM

Are we sure that's actually an exhibit or just another dead black guy in Chicago?
rio3232

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:08:54 AM

Not sure they got those pants low enough.

I wonder if the artist put Swisher Sweets next to him on the ground?

I don't think much of it either, but people legitimize this sort of unnecessary and tasteless display when they insert their own bigotry into the discussion.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:09:57 AM

I don't think much of it either, but people legitimize this sort of unnecessary and tasteless display when they insert their own bigotry into the discussion.

Plenty of black men criticize the culture that made this young man stupid enough to charge a cop. Sagging pants being a very common criticism. Does a black man criticizing the thug culture that is getting the future of his people killed make him a bigot?
Loqkani07

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:12:45 AM

You're a lefty, so I'll just go ahead and assume in those random words above you are attempting to call me a racist.
If laughing at a stupid exhibit like this, not the death of the kid, makes me racist I couldn't say I care.

No one legitimizes this tasteless exhibit except the media who chooses to give it any attention.

My guess is it's a joke originating from The Onion.... at least I hope so.
shevon

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:14:22 AM

White privilege didn't kill Brown, his upbringing and environment probably had more to do with it than anything else. All this is doing is stirring up emotions and instilling the thought that blacks are getting the short end of the stick and paying for it with their lives and it's all because of the white man.

This exhibit is tasteless, incendiary, and even Brown's parents are against it, although I don't know the exact reasons why.

Is this where they declared their war against law enforcement?

This must be headquarters.
peterson33

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:16:08 AM

I read about this crap the other day and couldn't help but notice the cigars he stole are no where to be seen... Where are the cigars dishonest progressives?
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:17:04 AM

I read about this crap the other day and couldn't help but notice the cigars he stole are no where to be seen... Where are the cigars dishonest progressives?

Excellent catch! Maybe devote a side of the exhibit to the poor store clerk falling into the snack shelf he was so rudely and criminally shoved into.
peterson33

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:18:05 AM

Excellent catch! Maybe devote a side of the exhibit to the poor store clerk falling into the snack shelf he was so rudely and criminally shoved into.

I don't know how they can use this criminal as a martyr for "social justicie" when he's a crook..... It goes to show how misguided the progressive mind really is.
KriszDev

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:18:56 AM

I don't know how they can use this criminal as a martyr for "social justicie" when he's a crook..... It goes to show how misguided the progressive mind really is.

Misguided is too kind. The majority that supported the "gentle giant" until the bitter end were blinded by racial bias.
peterson33

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:20:18 AM

Misguided is too kind. The majority that supported the "gentle giant" until the bitter end were blinded by racial bias.

Brown was a criminal thug who got killed because he attacked a cop. Had he been white this wouldn't have even made the news.
KriszDev

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:21:18 AM

Brown was a criminal thug who got killed because he attacked a cop. Had he been white this wouldn't have even made the news.

The sad thing about the bigger picture is that there are so many whites who never dreamed of being race sensitive.......but are now so because they're sick and tired of bullsh#% like this.

And the race baiters like Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are all getting what they want......a further divided nation.
tomor

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:22:41 AM

Another example of politics masquerading as art.

It's no wonder so many "artists" and their messages fail to connect with people...
rio3232

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:25:36 AM

Plenty of black men criticize the culture that made this young man stupid enough to charge a cop. Sagging pants being a very common criticism. Does a black man criticizing the thug culture that is getting the future of his people killed make him a bigot?

No, but that has nothing to do with the invoking of racial stereotypes that prompted my remark.
fungfung

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:26:55 AM

This isn't reality at all! Where is the bible and hymnal this angel was carrying when that racist, corrupt cop shot him for no reason other than being black?

If the lefty's want to spew garbage, they need to go all the way with it.
peterson33

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:28:46 AM

This isn't reality at all! Where is the bible and hymnal this angel was carrying when that racist, corrupt cop shot him for no reason other than being black?

If the lefty's want to spew garbage, they need to go all the way with it.

I'm pretty shocked too there isn't a gold halo being held up by a wire over his head.... Apparenty the 'artist' isn't that good.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:30:43 AM

No, but that has nothing to do with the invoking of racial stereotypes that prompted my remark.

You need to learn the difference between evoking a stereotype and criticizing a culture. Brown was sagging his pants and he did have a box of stolen swishers. That you see these as stereotypes is your problem. They are also representative of a thug culture that is getting young black men killed. But it cant be talked about because 'its a stereotype'.

'Hey your are coughing up blood. I think you have hemorrhagic fever you need to go see a doctor.'

'That's a stereotype.'
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: