Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptostocks.com gone now or whats the matter?  (Read 2160 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 10:50:34 AM

Anyone knows whats the thing with cryptostocks.com? I only get "We're sorry, but something went wrong." when i access the site.

Kumala, the owner did not care about the site since ages but now it stopped working completely?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 11:09:46 AM

Looks like the CryptoStocks gig is up. Horrible platform since day one and offered little to no user security either.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:22:23 AM

Cryptsy were traded there, did Cryptsy bought all the shares already or were they still being traded?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 11:45:18 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 06:34:06 PM by SebastianJu

And i dont want to start with their stupid 2FA. If the email of an account is hacked then 2FA is sat back. And you can circumvent 2FA with some codes, lowering security very much. The only safe thing to do is putting shares into vault, then an attacker could not take it.

Though kumala abandoned his site since ages already, no support anymore, even for important things.

Issuer now will have problems.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:21:54 PM

Not sure why anyone had anything to do with that site after the exchange run by the same bozo "lost" a zillion coins.

Everyone needs to stop being so gullible, there are people trying to take your money, it's a lot harder to get it back in bitcoin, so stop giving it to people who have already failed once or twenty times.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 12:29:08 PM

Not sure why anyone had anything to do with that site after the exchange run by the same bozo "lost" a zillion coins.

Everyone needs to stop being so gullible, there are people trying to take your money, it's a lot harder to get it back in bitcoin, so stop giving it to people who have already failed once or twenty times.

Thats correct. Though i took the risk because a certain security was only traded there. And since kumala claimed the issuer would have always a list showing how many shares someone has, i decided that i can buy shares, put them into vault and be safe. My issuer would know how many shares i own even when the exchange vanishes. For me that is true but for those that didnt enable that option its not true.

Well... i guess there would still be some user coins lying around on cryptostocks. I wonder what will happen with them. I mean is kumala known in real life?

jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 01:02:44 PM

You raise a valid point indeed. Plenty of platforms claim to offer huge services and fail to delivery. Luckily for me, I had nothing of value stored there, but I can imagine some people probably had.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:38:11 PM

You raise a valid point indeed. Plenty of platforms claim to offer huge services and fail to delivery. Luckily for me, I had nothing of value stored there, but I can imagine some people probably had.

No one had anything of value there. All the numbers on that website were worthless when his exchange "lost" all those coins. People may have thought otherwise, and they may have allowed some people to cash out those worthless numbers, but if you still were expecting to get coins out of there this long after I'd have to say you were sorely mistaken and you should be questioning how you didn't see that coming.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 04:57:12 PM

No one had anything of value there. All the numbers on that website were worthless when his exchange "lost" all those coins. People may have thought otherwise, and they may have allowed some people to cash out those worthless numbers, but if you still were expecting to get coins out of there this long after I'd have to say you were sorely mistaken and you should be questioning how you didn't see that coming.

Still, might be some bot traders having coins there or other people that waited for fill their order for shares. When the site remains down and kumala isnt paying out the coins then he most probably will get prosecuted. Bitcoiners arent so forgiving anymore nowadays.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:22:42 PM

Still, might be some bot traders having coins there or other people that waited for fill their order for shares. When the site remains down and kumala isnt paying out the coins then he most probably will get prosecuted. Bitcoiners arent so forgiving anymore nowadays.

Those coins have been gone since his exchange got "hacked." You are a fool if you trusted him after that, he didn't get prosecuted for that, he won't get prosecuted for this, and even if he does the coins are gone and unlikely to be returned.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 08:43:40 PM

Those coins have been gone since his exchange got "hacked." You are a fool if you trusted him after that, he didn't get prosecuted for that, he won't get prosecuted for this, and even if he does the coins are gone and unlikely to be returned.

Im not sure why you get personal. I already explained that i didnt trust him and secured the shares i had. My issuer knows the amount of shares i owned so i cant lose them since im in contact with him anyway. The $25 i still had on there to get some shares in case someone drops theirs are gone probably but thats nothing i would go doing a lawsuit.

I dont know what his first scam was but when he got many coins and no one came behind him then it looks like he isnt known in real life. Is that correct?

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:05:44 PM

Don't take things so personally. I use the royal you.

I don't know or care who he actually is, I just know that I know he "lost" a lot of coins in some other venture, so that there is no reason for anyone to continue doing business with him.

He is either too stupid or not trustworthy enough to hold coins or anything for anyone else, if I was invested I n something and they couldnt move their shares elsewhere I would have sold and got out what I could before i was left with nothing because it was obvious that this 2ould happen 3ventually.

Search for kumala and vircurex [or something] for more details, but don't expect any sort of resolution.
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 05:59:43 AM

Wonder when someone will come up with a proper implementation of the idea behind cryptostocks Smiley
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 05:35:49 PM

Don't take things so personally. I use the royal you.

I don't know or care who he actually is, I just know that I know he "lost" a lot of coins in some other venture, so that there is no reason for anyone to continue doing business with him.

He is either too stupid or not trustworthy enough to hold coins or anything for anyone else, if I was invested I n something and they couldnt move their shares elsewhere I would have sold and got out what I could before i was left with nothing because it was obvious that this 2ould happen 3ventually.

Search for kumala and vircurex [or something] for more details, but don't expect any sort of resolution.

Ah ok. Smiley

I already tried to get in contact with kumala some months ago because of some important info about the scammer who scammed with labcoin. He could have helped the case but he did not react, regardless of all the ways i contacted him. I asked on the forum if someone know him and if i can get in contact. Nothing too. It seems to be impossible to get in contact months before already.

The only thing i learned was that others had problems with him too. For example issuers that wanted to take over the project and run it, because they would be able to provide a better service to their shareholders. The offer was good too. But kumala didnt react or was too d... ehm... unsmart to even get knowledge of the offer. Thats clearly not how a business has to be done.

And i would not have divs paid out there anymore since when something would have happened then no help would be there. And you never would know if the divs wouldnt have been paid out shortly before the website vanishes.

So luck in bad luck i guess.

lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:42:18 PM

I just noticed that I received an email that looks like it's trying to social engineer me using information from Cryptostocks. So I think the site has been compromised.
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 05:50:22 AM

can you post a screenshot of it? (with headers visible?)

=squeak=

spy100

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 03:47:00 PM

i had 0.02 btc and wanted to "invest" more in the stocks there,it cost me 0.02 btc to learn never to invest in this type of websites again ...lesson learned Smiley

kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:08:36 PM

Cryptsy were traded there, did Cryptsy bought all the shares already or were they still being traded?

They were still being traded, I believe a total of 7k to 7500 were still in circulation. Though apparently Cryptsy hasn't actually paid out for the last 3 months.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:09:33 PM

This falling apart isn't bad luck, it's bad intentions/process. MAYBE we can say the people that lost coins in the original "hack" on his exchange was bad luck. But anyone that lost anything of value after that point in time made a bad decision by expecting him to come through.
winxp11

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:32:46 PM

Now, how to sell the shares or receive dividends on cryptsy?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: