Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:36:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinOnMultiPC : Secure tool to use on multiple PCs Bitcoin Core [0.02 Btc]  (Read 549 times)
veillardt (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:13:47 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 03:56:54 PM by veillardt

Introduction

BitcoinOnMultiPC is a solution to use the official bitcoin client on multiple computers without losing your wallet.

It uses Google Drive to sync wallet on each computer, making sure to always have the latest version of wallet.dat. On top of that, BitcoinOnMultiPC the opportunity to save each version of the online wallet in your personal space. Your wallet will be always available and safe.

All items sent to Google Drive are naturally encrypted for your safety.

Some screenshots of the interface:

Technical information

• Works with all versions of Bitcoin Core
  • Requires Java 7 or 8
  • Very light Application: only a few MB

About the source code

The source code of this program is not open source. You can not share it or modify it. For cons, the application is not obfuscated and can be decompiled if you want to check the contents. Feel free to share your comments following this topic.

Following several requests, I decided to publish the source code of the program on github. You can watch the content. You also have the right to compile your build since this version (not having to wait for my answer and be sure of the compiled code) only if you sent me 0.02BTC.

Get your software version

You can get your own version. Each license allows you to install it on as many PCs as you want, as long as they belong to you.

You can not share your copy of the software on the internet, or via other distribution tools.

We tolerate sharing your license with 1-2 other people around you. Please, do not overdo it.

To get your license, send me a PM or reply to this discution after sending 0.02 bitcoin at:
17mpQhgWmyfx5PNQ5NbpSxNyJ798oswyrb

If you wish, you can also contact me before sending to be sure to get your copy soon.

Thank you for your interest in BitcoinOnMultiPC!
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 03:24:32 PM by NyeFe

Note; if you're working with Bitcoin, we really wouldn't ever recommend the installation of Java, or at least Java being anywhere near a mile to your computer. There's an uncountable amount of exploits within the JVM core and up, which are unlikely to be fixed in the next millennium. For this closed-source tool above, it's also recommended that you simply ignore it; you're either paying BTC 0.05 for a virus or nothing.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
veillardt (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:23:12 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 03:35:44 PM by veillardt

Note; if you're working with Bitcoin, we really wouldn't ever recommend the installation of Java, or at least Java being anywhere near a mile to your computer. There's an uncountable amount of exploits within the JVM core and up, which are unlikely to be fixed in the next millennium. For this closed-source tool above, it's also recommended that you simply ignore it.

Java is used used by many companies like Google...  There are bitcoin clients developped with java (ex : all client for Android).

And yes, that is a close-source project. If I open the sources, I can't claim bitcoin for each copy of the software. But I accept you decompile the jar, and if you want, I can send back your money (while 1 week).

There are exploits in the web-plugin, but not in the JVM JRE. And Java is a framework written is C. If I can do something in Java, I can do it with C...

PS : I sure that the majority of computers with Bitcoin Coré are running Java !

I will change the price. New price is 0.02BTC and not 0.05.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 03:37:52 PM

Note; if you're working with Bitcoin, we really wouldn't ever recommend the installation of Java, or at least Java being anywhere near a mile to your computer. There's an uncountable amount of exploits within the JVM core and up, which are unlikely to be fixed in the next millennium. For this closed-source tool above, it's also recommended that you simply ignore it; you're either paying BTC 0.05 for a virus or nothing.

Java is widely used for Bitcoin clients. MultiBit, Hive, Android wallets, and a bunch of others use BitcoinJ, which is a Bitcoin library in Java.

The problem with this things is it is closed source, from a newbie, and risks money in order to audit the code.

And yes, that is a close-source project. If I open the sources, I can't claim bitcoin for each copy of the software. But I accept you decompile the jar, and if you want, I can send back your money (while 1 week).
If you make it open source, people who don't know how to compile java programs or don't want to can buy a binary copy from you. Sure you might not make as much money, but it makes you seem more credible.

I would be interested, but I question both the security of the product and the security of putting my wallet on google drive.

veillardt (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:44:04 PM

OK. You have right. I wil publish all the code on github (just  1 minute, please).

Backups on Google drive are encrypted with the password of your chose. You need it to run our software. You can enable 2 factors authentification on Google Drive. Google drive is used by many compagnies. But, if there are many downloads, I will add support of dropbox and owncloud (like dropbox, but hosted on your computer).

Is it better ?
veillardt (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:48:54 PM

Link to Github : https://github.com/veillardt/BitcoinOnMultiPC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: