Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: about BTCJAM  (Read 1821 times)
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:57:08 PM

btcjam now it's infested of scammers, just check the "scam-accusation" page here, in the forum.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:43:17 AM

btcjam now it's infested of scammers, just check the "scam-accusation" page here, in the forum.

btcjam was always full of scammers, it's just getting worse now. it's just too easy to scam there, I don't recommend them.

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:10:30 AM

i'm trying them out with 0.05BTC right now... Invested in two loans, 0.025BTC each... I chose 2 loaners with an A-rating, and a track record of payed back loans...

I have to say it feels a lot less safe than loaning out BTC on this forum... At least on this forum, i can make sure i have some form of actual collateral in my hands before i send off my BTC...

You'll probably see me in the scam accusation forum in a couple of months making accusations about btcjam members Wink

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:03:43 AM

btcjam was always full of scammers, it's just getting worse now. it's just too easy to scam there, I don't recommend them.

According to their stat page, it looks like A-rated borrowers are pretty solid on repayments. Do you actually have experience with loaning on there? I know going with A-rated people is a much lower interest rate, but if it's like it looks, that's a great way to minimize risk and still get return.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
altcoinhosting

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:17:04 AM

According to their stat page, it looks like A-rated borrowers are pretty solid on repayments. Do you actually have experience with loaning on there? I know going with A-rated people is a much lower interest rate, but if it's like it looks, that's a great way to minimize risk and still get return.

That's what i tought to...
Personally, i don't think i would ever run with somebody else's money... But i hope the people i gave a loan to won't run either, since btcjam has their identity, paypal, income and social network verified + they have a proven loan record...

Fingers crossed...

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:24:21 AM

That's what i tought to...
Personally, i don't think i would ever run with somebody else's money... But i hope the people i gave a loan to won't run either, since btcjam has their identity, paypal, income and social network verified + they have a proven loan record...

Fingers crossed...

It's sad how many people WILL, though. To me, it's not even a thought. If someone entrusted $100 bil to me, I wouldn't touch any of it unless they gave permission. Money can't buy my integrity, regardless of the amount. I'd live poor before I lived a rich life because of stealing.

But a lot of people are the opposite. Some people on these forums have thrown away their reputation for under a dollar. I just can't even fathom what's going through their minds.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:42:52 AM

But i hope the people i gave a loan to won't run either, since btcjam has their identity, paypal, income and social network verified + they have a proven loan record...

You are pretty much wrong with this. Giving a loan to an A+ rated borrower with a good track record isnt simply a guarantee that they might not default the loan . There has been lot of highly rated borrower that actually defaulted despite that they have submitted their real identity.
As a matter of facts, they got almost nothing to lose by defaulting this because in the end you will be given their identity that has been submitted but you will need to pursue the defaulter with your own cost which could cost more than what you have loaned therefore these scammers easily slip away by defaulting

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:23:16 AM

Thanks for this thread guys, was useful for me!

Was going to invest but after reading the posts.....No Way now. Smiley

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 10:30:07 AM

lost 1 bitcoin there some time in the past and I'm only reading horror stories of their non-existent service. btcjam only cares about fees, they literally do nothing to help a lender

altcoinhosting

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:41:55 PM

But i hope the people i gave a loan to won't run either, since btcjam has their identity, paypal, income and social network verified + they have a proven loan record...

You are pretty much wrong with this. Giving a loan to an A+ rated borrower with a good track record isnt simply a guarantee that they might not default the loan . There has been lot of highly rated borrower that actually defaulted despite that they have submitted their real identity.
As a matter of facts, they got almost nothing to lose by defaulting this because in the end you will be given their identity that has been submitted but you will need to pursue the defaulter with your own cost which could cost more than what you have loaned therefore these scammers easily slip away by defaulting

Chances are pretty big you're right... I just hope you're not  Wink

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:52:22 AM

lost 1 bitcoin there some time in the past and I'm only reading horror stories of their non-existent service. btcjam only cares about fees, they literally do nothing to help a lender

Did you only loan to A-rated people or also B->F? This makes a huge difference.

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 06:22:32 AM

are you aware that there are people selling A+ accounts? you just can't trust anyone on btcjam in my opinion

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:31:32 AM

are you aware that there are people selling A+ accounts? you just can't trust anyone on btcjam in my opinion

Ah, I wasn't. This would mean that people are basically selling their identity... that seems like a very risky transaction to me. It's not nearly as anonymous as a BCT account would be.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: