Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VERSA] Universal storage BLA and much more BLA BLA BLA - Deleting posts  (Read 10197 times)
godda04

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:33:10 AM

Srs what the hell are c-cex doing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:47:20 AM

This experience has given me renewed faith in the BCT altcoin community.  There are a lot of smart, talented, good people here and it is refreshing to see that shine through in expending time, expertise, and energy in investigating the source code for this coin and holding the dev accountable.  I invested a meager 0.35 BTC on this ICO but had no qualms in risking that investment to ensure the truth came out BEFORE this thing went live.  Glad to see others of the same ilk in our ranks.
DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:54:17 AM

Thanks oc and the others who investigated, I really hope I will get my money back
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:02:59 AM

I had a look at C-Cex and I just can't believe people paid roughly 50 BTC for a Bitcointalk-Thread ANN by a stranger with some mediocre graphics and nothing more...

Wow...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:08:31 AM

I had a look at C-Cex and I just can't believe people paid roughly 50 BTC for a Bitcointalk-Thread ANN by a stranger with some mediocre graphics and nothing more...

Wow...

I've a sneaking suspicion that at least half of those were by people affiliated with the development/launch of that coin.  No proof, but that amount just doesn't make any sense.
godda04

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:11:26 AM

Wow...

You know what's even more pathetic. Another 5ish btc has been given to these "devs" since you opened this unmoderated thread. I'll be releasing my own ICO. It's gonna be called F*CK YOU COIN.  Ico will be hosted on one of the most trusted secure exchanges in today's market, C-CEX. ICO period will last 3 years. 1000000000000 coins at only 1 sat. Why would you not by it. It's so bloody cheap. I'm gonna f*ck you to the moon. PRE-PRE ANN to be unveiled soon
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:34:12 AM

It was blindly inherited from the clone of bitbean:

https://github.com/nokat/bitbean/blob/master/src/testcoin-qt.pro

https://github.com/VersaCrypto/Versa/blob/master/src/testcoin-qt.pro

Such sloppy basic engineering is compelling evidence that the dev's skillset is just not up to the job. One can only hope that he/she will eventually come to see this as a positive learning experience.

Cheers

Graham
cryptfox

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:43:00 PM

I just said this shit ico is fxcking last forever why i am been called as a fudder by a chatter at cex?  Its funny

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:00:43 PM

Ccex finally answered the ticket I opened up 2 days ago with this response: "VERSA team did not request ICO end yet."

I'm speechless.
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 06:02:17 PM

Ccex finally answered the ticket I opened up 2 days ago with this response: "VERSA team did not request ICO end yet."

I'm speechless.

Well...  It all comes together... 

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:14:45 PM

I'm speechless.

Well...  It all comes together...  

i posted a chat log on skype with cex yesterday on twitter saying that Cheesy
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:18:14 PM

Ok i can type now. Of course Ccex requires an ico end date. Of course they knew what it was, it's on the OP of the Versa thread ffs. There is a countdown timer that expired several days ago ffs. If Ccex lets Versa buyers lose btc on this shit it is confirmed that Ccex is the versa dev and they are the scammers. If that happens it's the beginning of the end for Ccex.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:34:14 PM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pQswhxL.jpg[/img

also this is their reply to the last question of the ICO time

and again sooner is better for start trading as time passes investors lose both time and money that should of started 2 days ago ... and thanks for clearing things out
[8:33:56 PM] C-CEX.com: sure. we will act if they pull it too long
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:36:55 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 08:05:48 PM by EmilioMann

Guys, the rule is simple: never buy an ICO from C-CEX.
Certainly this is a scam like always before.
This exchange is controlled by pump&dumpers and scammers
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:48:39 PM

This exchange is controlled by pump&dumpers and scammers and now seem to have hired ICM to try to make their scams look as a "good and inovative coin".

This has never happened before. Ccex has been a few hours late before, but this goes from incompetence to outright scam.
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 06:51:21 PM

This exchange is controlled by pump&dumpers and scammers and now seem to have hired ICM to try to make their scams look as a "good and inovative coin".

This has never happened before. Ccex has been a few hours late before, but this goes from incompetence to outright scam.

Hmm, at least in my feeling this is the fourth or fifth time something shady happens about an ICO hosted at C-Cex..

"Dev's" usually always get their money and disappear once the funds have been released there

chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:00:38 PM

Hmm, at least in my feeling this is the fourth or fifth time something shady happens about an ICO hosted at C-Cex..

"Dev's" usually always get their money and disappear once the funds have been released there

To host an ico and allow the advertised end date to go into an indefinite end is unprecedented, for any exchange or any ico I've ever heard of.
We are most likely looking at the end of Ccex, and the 1 btc I foolishly threw at this believing trading would start soon.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:10:50 PM

Now they abandoned CIRC and created VERSA.
Perhaps it happens a small pump&dump before they leave versa and create the next.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 07:17:44 PM

Now they abandoned CIRC and created VERSA.
Perhaps it happens a small pump&dump before they leave versa and create the next.

CIRC abandoned c-cex for the record.  Don't blame them.  It's a cause for celebration when any coin escapes that shithole.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 07:18:51 PM

To host an ico and allow the advertised end date to go into an indefinite end is unprecedented, for any exchange or any ico I've ever heard of.
We are most likely looking at the end of Ccex, and the 1 btc I foolishly threw at this believing trading would start soon.

This is absolutely not the end of Ccex-- I may not speak for everyone, but I know what I'm risking when I put up BTC for an ICO on this platform. There's plenty of room for side deals, workarounds, and plausible deniability when they break the ICO rules they set for themselves. As long as potential profits outweigh potential risks I will continue to use it.

The bad code and obvious backroom dealing were two risks I didn't account for, but I certainly will in future dealings with Ccex.

I'll kiss my 0.5 BTC goodbye without a second thought... plenty left to play with after cashing out CRAVE, BALLS, and 10k, all on Ccex.

twitter.com/notsofast
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: