Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offshore Hosting DMCA ignored  (Read 1586 times)
Kyle1836 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:47:41 AM

Hello everyone! I am planning on starting a offshore shared hosting company (strictly offshore shared hosting). The major selling point is that it's located in Russia, which is the BEST location to host offshore. The hosting is fully SSD equipped, and it would ignore DMCA complaints. Obviously, this can be of use for those who are hosting Bitcoin gambling sites and are worried about a "knock at the door" in the future, because of the legal attention Bitcoin is gaining. I have tons of bandwidth, the site is almost set up, all that needs to be done is to set up the billing panel. Let me know what you guys think!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:21:57 AM

Uh, unless you actually own the datacenter and the racks, you can opt to ignore the DMCA.

If you are just renting space on some rack (as a client), then the DMCA complaint will just go above you head and to your host and they will then likely opt to drop you like a hot potato.

If you don't agree, tell me why. Be explicitly clear.
Kyle1836 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:31:59 PM

I work along with someone that does own their own server in Russia. He's giving me the option to totally ignore DMCA or not. Still, anywhere offshore, especially in countries that the US does not work closely with cannot govern. What is illegal in the US is not illegal in Russia.

yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:19:52 AM

There are a lot of alternatives if you just look for hosting that ignores DMCA... I don't think an offering like that is enough to attract costumers: It's a competetive market. I would advise you to think about what you can offer costumers that few or none can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: