Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one is the best Bitcoin VISA debit card?  (Read 1481 times)
desired_username (OP)

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:30:29 PM

I want to use it in the EU. Thanks for the suggestions.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:00:06 PM

Does it have to be visa and not mastercard? Visa cards seem to be a bit rarer.

If your heart is set on Visa then there's this https://bitplastic.com/ but the fees are brutal.
TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:22:27 PM

If your heart is set on Visa then there's this https://bitplastic.com/ but the fees are brutal.

The fees are brutal with them all but that's the price you pay if you want to use these. Bit-x has one but I think it's Mastercard.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:25:50 PM

The fees are brutal with them all but that's the price you pay if you want to use these. Bit-x has one but I think it's Mastercard.

Indeed but Bitplastic charges 6-8 % for the BTC/ fiat conversion. That's a whole new level of hurt compared to Bit-x.
desired_username (OP)

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:45:35 PM

Yeah, fees put me off from the ones I've come across :S

Mastercard could work, but MC is publicly against bitcoin and cripple bitcoin cards where they can so I'm a bit vary of it. (eg: They told neteller to prohibit btc topups for their cards).
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:17:11 PM

Mastercard could work, but MC is publicly against bitcoin and cripple bitcoin cards where they can so I'm a bit vary of it. (eg: They told neteller to prohibit btc topups for their cards).

Aye. I don't really know what's going on there. I assume Neteller were too high profile. Either Mastercard is too dumb to check who else they're dealing with or they're happy to take the cash if it doesn't get too much publicity.
Brad Pitt

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

Same. I'd actually use one if the fees weren't so extortionate. I don't even mind the really high fees but it's the fees that you have to pay if it goes inactive or whatever. I'd like to be able to have one and use it maybe every now and again, but I'm not paying a massive fee just to re-activate it because I haven't used it in a month. Not worth it.
Angelina Jolie

Activity: 169

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

AFAIK, Bitplastic is a project by Michael Moriarity, a known scammer. So, be careful.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:31:57 PM

AFAIK, Bitplastic is a project by Michael Moriarity, a known scammer. So, be careful.

it's true, avoid it many thread on the argument, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601675.0

it's funny that visa isn't offering any bitcoin dcard when they said that they are pro bitcoin, instead matsercard is offering one when they are against it, something on this is so wrong...
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 03:35:45 PM

Staying away from Bitplastic is a good idea. Your bitcoin debit card options lists the following VISA options: SmartyCash, E-Coin, and Xapo.

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

Ugh. Fuck that shit, then.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:37:39 PM

Wouldn't like to use a bitcoin credit card. I couldn't imagine how much the fees would be for every use.
I'd prefer a debit card personally. So you know you can use it and not get high fees like the credit card companies, be it Visa or Mastercard, would charge you for their interest rates.
Wagecan has a debit card but they have had probelms with it for a while now, so they suspend it's use sometimes.
Coinbase and others like it are saying they are coming out with one. So I will wait for those until I decide which one to get, because they are larger companies and less likely to always have problems with their debit card system so often as these smaller newer companies like them.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:41:31 PM

Wouldn't like to use a bitcoin credit card. I couldn't imagine how much the fees would be for every use.
I'd prefer a debit card personally. So you know you can use it and not get high fees like the credit card companies, be it Visa or Mastercard, would charge you on interest charges.
Wagecan has a debit card but they have had probelms with it  for a while now, so they suspend it's use sometimes.
Coinbase and others like it are saying they are coming out with one. So I will wait for those until I decide which one to get, because they are larger companies and less likely to always have problems with their debit card system so often.

I think they're all technically pre paid debit cards, even though a few stick the word 'credit' on there. You can only spend what you load.

The fees for fiat only ones can be relatively hefty too depending on what you choose. There'll always be a fee involved with a BTC conversion, just a case of finding a card with a reasonable one.

I can see why people might go for them for the sake of convenience but you'd need to carefully weigh up the ongoing costs compared to just selling on an exchange.

I assume you also have to leave your BTC balance on the provider's website. That's a pretty unsexy concept.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:47:27 PM

I'd prefer a debit card personally. So you know you can use it and not get high fees like the credit card companies, be it Visa or Mastercard, would charge you on interest charges.
Wagecan has a debit card but they have had probelms with it  for a while now, so they suspend it's use sometimes.
Coinbase and others like it are saying they are coming out with one. So I will wait for those until I decide which one to get, because they are larger companies and less likely to always have problems with their debit card system so often.

I think they're all technically pre paid debit cards, even though a few stick the word 'credit' on there. You can only spend what you load.

The fees for fiat only ones can be relatively hefty too depending on what you choose. There'll always be a fee involved with a BTC conversion, just a case of finding a card with a reasonable one.

I can see why people might go for them for the sake of convenience but you'd need to carefully weigh up the ongoing costs compared to just selling on an exchange.

I assume you also have to leave your BTC balance on the provider's website. That's a pretty unsexy concept.
I understand now. It's a prepaid just like how a VCC would work. You have to put funds on it in order to make purchases. You can only use what is on there, so there is no interest compounding on the amount spend.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:23:29 PM

Bit-x and Xapo bitcoin credit cards are linked to your wallet at the provider. You do not have to load those cards, you spend funds directly from your wallet balance.

You do not have to buy a bitcoin debit or credit card to spend your bitcoin, though they are convenient to have. Coinomat makes it possible to fund a card you already own using bitcoin or altcoins. All you have to do is open an account at Coinomat and fund your account with Bitcoin, Litecoin, BitcoinDark, Peercoin or NXT. You can then use any of those coins to send funds to a VISA or MasterCard you already own.

Dire

Activity: 112

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:48:09 PM

As far as my research and use goes, the best bitcoin atm card for me at the moment is by ecoin.

It's a Visa card and you can get cards sent to you that convert into either Dollars, Pounds or Euros. They have plans to add more currencies in the future though.

Coins are insured and also secured by BitGo. To get the card costs around 25/30$ or you can just have the account as an ecard without getting the physical card.

If you click the link below though, you'll get 25% off the card purchase, and I'll get free BTC Grin It's also one of the easiest sign-ups you'll find. Email address and address to send the card if you want one, and that's it. Extra ID is to raise limits. You can use the card for about $2,300 before you have to go with an ID upload.

https://www.e-coin.io/?ref=0859cfb4f69e4c95b4af2be532720320#sthash.b5mCULCm.dpuf

ps: Just a heads up, the card on their site isn't what the actual card looks like when you get it. The actual card is solid black with one red letter on it.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:07:29 PM

I have seen the bit-x offers also debit card but it is a master card.
Take a look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006153
The only problem is if you use it for a small amounts then the fee might be high.
If you use for a good/large amount then it would be nice
Check the limits and the fees here: https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6710

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 05:15:40 PM

ANX I hear has a pretty good card, although I can't get one since I am in the US. They seem to have low fees. Another card I have heard about is WageCan, but I don't know how good they are.

JWMutant

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:34:25 PM

Glad I came along this thread as I need a Visa or Mastercard solution for bitcoin as well.
I know coinjar here in Australia offer CoinJar Swipe which is just a atm card with insanely low fees but can use it for online purchasing which is what my businesses need.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:53:18 PM

Where you wanna travel all EU ,there is atm at some places already i dont know the fee they take,would be good do a research and get the money on atm maybe better but well search deeply and will see the best option
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: