Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:46:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Alts?  (Read 3173 times)
shrekster (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:52:44 PM

What alts do you see making it in the next year?
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 11:13:23 PM

Litecoin - the "backup" to Bitcoin and first choice to use if and when the Bitcoin network gets too busy.  Also the top traded altcoin and first choice for scrypt miners.

Dash - for enhanced privacy and other new developments like Decentralized Governance by Blockchain

Peercoin - the first Proof of Stake Coin for people who like Proof of Stake

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:19:50 PM

Litecoin - the "backup" to Bitcoin and first choice to use if and when the Bitcoin network gets too busy.  Also the top traded altcoin and first choice for scrypt miners.

Long-term, doubt it. It's a clone that adds little to the ecosystem once the novelty has worn off (may take another few years - people can be thick).

Dash - for enhanced privacy and other new developments like Decentralized Governance by Blockchain

Um, no. Bad tech & instamine....yikes.

Peercoin - the first Proof of Stake Coin for people who like Proof of Stake

Maybe. This genuinely did add something new and potentially interesting to the crypto-ecosystem. Though PoS has a number of theoretic problems that *probably* make it unfit to be considered a censorship-resistant trustless asset.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:10:13 AM

Depends what types of alts you look at.

I have great faith in vTorrent, not invested in it, but i`m going to if dev keeps his promises.

I also think Monero has great support nowadays and tries to correct BTC fault.

I also think that Bitshare or its gold counterpart whatever its called, can increase as the Gold itself will increase probably soon!

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:11:12 AM

IMHO Nxt is much undervalued. Will rise a lot with the upcoming 1.6 release.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:17:30 AM

The altcoin that's going to spank litecoin isn't even actively discussed on the forum.  I would suggest you do your research beyond the walls of this den of villains & thieves all trying to be better at stealing from each other.

Cryptonote is the most interesting development to come out that has any presence in the forum.   It's worth reading up on - bitcoin devs are consistently actively interested in the technology & one or two of the conis.  

nxt is about to get blown by.  Interesting 2.0 project but premine held by a few dozen people?  It can't keep up dev wise with other projects on it's heels.  

95% of the activity on this forum can be classified as active scammers or trolls trying to entertain each other during this lull of boredom between now & the time their magic internet beans make them wealthy enough to afford blow, hookers & moving out of the basement.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 11:31:51 AM

Nxt. It's slowly becoming noticed in the outside world. I can't say that its price will go "to da moon", but it's definitely going places as a cryptocurrency. More to the point, it's slowly emerging from Bitcoin's shadow.

(To be honest, Nxt's relative price stability in Bitcoin terms is a blessing in disguise. Not much gains if you buy smart, but not much loss either.)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

plasma1010

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:04:49 PM

If you're doing anything other then pump and dump on coins with the potential, like GLOBE and START, then you are just wasting your time and money. Alt coins arnt even an asset, unlike Bitcoin which is an asset and is traded on the general market and can be shorted against actual currencies.

My advice is look at the charts for each Alt coin. If you see any with drastic repetitive spikes and drops, buy at a low and sell at a high, then transfer back to BTC. If you're in the US, hold USD until the buy is capable, transfer to BTC, transfer to ALT, then at the spike sell off back to USD. Otherwise your Altcoin value is volatile by BTC price drops. If you're hoping to invest in LTC and take the cake if BTC price plumets, well I don't see how you're coming out of top since all ALT coins are pegged in the market to BTC anyhow. Your order of value and investing in ALT coins should be looked at in terms of, what is the currency value which is pegged to BTC, what is the value of the ALT coin pegged to BTC. If you did like me and invested in START before Max Keisers 48 hour STARTcoin fund on BankToTheFuture when START was like 0.00012 and BTC was like $235, then you did pretty good a week or two ago if you sold when START reached 0.0008 and BTC was up at about $300.

Read the news, watch the charts, don't marry your investment.

Send me BTC if you enjoyed this post | 1LtTpCqbaXj548Pxvdy2VrE8JNa3zkcL3A
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:08:09 PM

guldencoin! not scam not p&d really good projects, and it is no spam like monero
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:50:06 PM

i liked how litecoin worked out but i think that is over now!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Mountain Jew

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:06:36 PM

Long-term, doubt it. It's a clone that adds little to the ecosystem once the novelty has worn off (may take another few years - people can be thick).

this is what I think. I think people only choose it because it's seen as second best but when bitcoin has taken off into the mainstream in the next few years Litecoin will likely get left behind.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:17:47 PM

Try Monero or Diamond coin. Diamond is a proof of stake crypto with 50% interest per year. Plus, it has a supply of 4.38 million (less than Bitcoin) making it a rare crypto currency. So, eventually the price would increase as it gets closer to 4.38 million.  Cheesy

Also, I recommend Monero as right now it is a coin with great potential. It has Cryptonote algorithm and as of now the price is cheap so it's recommended to invest in this coin.  Cool

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DiscoverCebu

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:18:46 PM

Looks like nobody said it yet. So my vote goes to doge, great community which may manage to keep it going for a long time.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:38:51 PM

I don't see any good altcoins around.
Most exist just to scam people of their btc through pumping and dumping.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:51:35 PM

Monero
Bitshares
NXT

These 3 are where most of the innovation is occurring and the only real competition that I see on the horizon is whatever Blockstream can do with Sidechains. That seems to be awhile off though without any real impact in the next 18 months.

KingJo

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:04:03 PM

i think crevacoin worth to watch.
crevacoin is very populula in korea.
and in korea have many affiliate. over 60 thousand, and used cash in korea !

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:32:31 PM

Um, no. Bad tech & instamine....yikes.

Dash is not instamined, it is dev premined. He purposely created a failed launch to chase away the last few remaining miners with the promise to announce a propers relauch. Instead of doing so he started up a "failed" relaunch mining with 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing at a reward 100 times of current in his Dashing dark cave at Sunday 4 am.

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:07:04 PM

Looks like nobody said it yet. So my vote goes to doge, great community which may manage to keep it going for a long time.

i have totally forgotten about Doge , maybe it is because i haven not been to /r/Dogecoin for sometime i miss it Wink

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
blxlihnk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:16:38 PM

how to find best coins :
- a friendly dev team with realist projects
- a friendly community who really use the coin

Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:02:29 PM

If you mean by "making it" as making money for traders and investors, I like the following:

-- Litecoin, always in bitcoin's shadow, can be a good play if you buy in low and hold for the next crazy unpredictable pump

-- The "legacy" alt coins, like Peercoin, Namecoin, Primecoin are always nice coins to trade and play with. Good devs and community and fairly distributed.

-- Digitalcoin, aka DGC,  is another legacy alt, a hidden gem that's fun to trade with low entry price point,  1 to 2 cent range

-- The other coins at the top of the coinmarket cap list, like Doge, Dash, Monero, BTS, Maidsafe haven't proven themselves to me to be trading worthy. Maybe as long term buys they might have potential?

-- I never trade/invest in any coin that has premine/instamine. Being a bagholder sucks. And by supporting a fairly distributed coin, it makes alt coins better in the long run.

H.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: