Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DaiIy Anarchist is most likely a scammer  (Read 3418 times)
intel-core-i7

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:07:43 PM

there is a legit user Daily Anarchist - this one is misspelled - somebody is trying to steal identity...

If you like what I do - donate : 1MWoRs6wKyJLLYm7gjrWeTcipCrCTneCRE
 | torchat: g7hzmvlpjygbiage

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 01:21:05 PM

there is a legit user Daily Anarchist - this one is misspelled - somebody is trying to steal identity...

You're a regular Sherlock Holmes aren't you?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:21:30 PM

You must have reasons to form such opinion, I hope, because "what's he got to lose at this point" is rather poor standard. By that standard I am scammer in the making, fully anonymous, not rich enough to scoff at free 100 BTC, and have nothing to lose by pulling quick trick and abandoning account. It just would be out of my character. But as I said, I don't know the man, and you could be as well right, just finding "nothing to lose" reasoning rather poor.

For the record, I'm not defending Matt and likable argument doesn't fly with me, I pretty much despise this hypocritical, narcissistic assclown. I was quite annoyed by the community, praising him and never passing the chance to stick tongue up his ass, and I find it funny that it had to take failed bet (money) for them to see through his bullshit.

If someone has no/bad reputation, no ties to the community, and nobody to vouch, then yes they absolutely are someone you should be careful of dealing with, and possibly a potential scammer. I wouldn't trust some faceless guy walking down the street, why should I trust someone I only know on the internet? I may not distrust them, but I don't trust them either. Certainly not gonna give them cash and send them on their way.

I usually use escrow, even when selling. Customers have no reason to trust me either if they don't know me, and I understand and accept that.

I agree with you completely, "Trust nobody because they're out to rip you apart" should be default stance in Bitcoin community.

However my point was lost somewhere along the the way, maybe I didn't communicate myself clearly. I spoke in context of Matt, you accused him of plotting petty scams, to which I replied that from my impression of the guy, I think it would be out of his character to act in such way (despite my low opinion of him). You rebutted my argument citing "nothing to lose at this point" reasoning, something I disagree with, saying that if someone has certain morals then "nothing to lose" position won't change that.

But as I said earlier, I don't know him beyond reading his posts and can be wrong with my opinion. There is also possibly of him being sociopath and trying to take revenge on the community for kicking his ass out of here. Perhaps you know more what's going on around than I do, being much more involved with the community, and have good reasons to back your opinion, but you didn't voice them in this thread.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 07:43:22 PM

You're right, I actually edited my post right after posting it to remove Matthew specific remarks and changed it to just focus in general. I don't want to trash talk him too bad when he can't defend himself cause I know there's more than one side to every story.  Wink

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 07:45:37 PM

You're right, I actually edited my post right after posting it to remove Matthew specific remarks and changed it to just focus in general. I don't want to trash talk him too bad when he can't defend himself cause I know there's more than one side to every story.  Wink

I thought he was only tagged as scammer. Was he also perma-banned?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 07:56:32 PM

I thought he was only tagged as scammer. Was he also perma-banned?

Not as far as I know, I just meant that since he isn't posting these days he can't or won't.

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:13:09 PM

Thanks for catching this lying scumbag before he could pull off yet another scam.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:59:14 PM

As most of you may know, I took a leave of absence after a somewhat manic episode (one I am still paying for) in September of last year. I had returned in the spring with a much calmer attitude and a deeper understanding of the petty nature in which I had been attacking people, the short sightedness in business, and the lack of care I was giving myself that led to some major stress which obviously affected my mental health a bit.

Despite apologizing to the community at large and contacting over 100 of the people involved in my bet to settle with them and make things right once again, I didn't expect niceties and a welcome party. I've successfully ruffled the feathers of various emotionally unstable people on this forum by criticizing them regularly, but for the most part I have strived to build new and better things, especially through healthy criticisms. Criticizing, debunking hacking, testing boundaries, these all made me who I am today for better or worse.

Loving and respecting all forms of criticisms, I looked deeply into the criticisms against my bet and spent months rethinking my activities, true intentions, value to the community, etc. It was obvious to me that no matter how much opposition I would meet, no matter how many people would try to push me down out of fear of ghost, no matter how much it cost me, I must do the right thing. I have paid now more than half of the people involved in my bet, paid back all debts from businesses endeavors, and forgiven all debts to me from others.

I don't expect anyone in this thread to like me, and I don't mind it if they go on finding reasons to be angry and spread their venom. It's self destructive for them, but it doesn't affect me. It does interest me to see so many people so eager to associated me with scams, petty theft, etc though, as if people forgot the good I do. It's insulting of course, but I tell myself that it is o be expected as backlash for my trolling. Regardless, I happened on this thread from another forum member (thanks) and I found it odd that I was associated with this by a respectable mod, that no scam had occurred, and yet people were so quick to judge me without even asking for proof or asking me anything.

Firstly, and I've had to repeat this quite a lot, I've never scammed anyone. There is not a single debt that I have not paid, in fact I'm well known for overpaying when possible. Despite my overactive energy and love of playing tricks and games, I am a first and foremost a builder. I help people do what they want to do.

Second, when reading that an account's IP address was associated with me, and that that was reason enough to have a moderator lead people to believe I was involved in an attempt at petty theft, it's mind numbing and insulting.

Lastly, what bothers me the most is that this isn't even a scam. From what I can tell, an account was created who posted a thread and nothing more (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Again, I fully expect to me trolled by those who were hurt or annoyed in some why by something of said or done, but I want to say this as loud and clear as possible. I am not a scammer. I do not scam. I have never scammed. I hope eventually the rational thinkers were learn this in watching my future endeavors, but it is obviously not a requirement for me to continue on with my life and continue to build things people want and need.

I hope this community will learn to stop hurting itself with greed and paranoia. Cheers.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:31:21 PM

You are a funny guy.  Roll Eyes
I like how you think this was not even a scam. You really do need help.

That's your opinion.
I'd like to see more "scammers" handle unexpected damage as he does.
Watch and learn.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:47:22 PM

A 21 yo guy flaged him, yeah.
Remember when you were 21? The day you were sure you had met the mother of your children?

Everyone can screw up.
But it does take some balls to stay and make it right, once you did.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: