Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DaiIy Anarchist is most likely a scammer  (Read 3418 times)
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:01:27 PM

DaiIy Anarchist: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67626

Fresh out of Newbie status and heads straight to Lending.  Check his post history of junk/filler posts.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:05:32 PM

His Russian is robo-translated.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:21:49 PM

Yeah, looks like straight out of Google Translate.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 11:14:47 PM

The account for the real Daily Anarchist user is:

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=43477

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 11:16:25 PM

Well that settles it.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 12:02:54 AM

That's bizarre. Somebody created a spoof account or something?

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 01:34:42 AM

That's bizarre. Somebody created a spoof account or something?

Yes they replaced the L with an I

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 01:47:18 AM

Well that settles it.

Perhaps change the thread title to something like
Account username spoof of Daily Anarchist

or something similar.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:25:06 PM

Oh look, he went back to his thread in Lending and blanked everything out.  Just like miner96!

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up, he's banned.

Also, I originally wasn't going to say anything about the user's other account, but since the other account is scammer tagged and there is no legitimate reason I can think of to spoof an account in that way, I feel a duty to do so. It's very probable that it was Matthew N. Wright (from IP logs).  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:27:48 PM

DaiIy Anarchist: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67626

Fresh out of Newbie status and heads straight to Lending.  Check his post history of junk/filler posts.

Nice catch.  Clearly an attempt to spoof a know user.  Daily Anarchist is spelled properly in avatar and website link.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:26:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up, he's banned.

Also, I originally wasn't going to say anything about the user's other account, but since the other account is scammer tagged and there is no legitimate reason I can think of to spoof an account in that way, I feel a duty to do so. It's very probable that it was Matthew N. Wright (from IP logs).  

Maybe he's just trying to acquire enough BTC to pay off his 10K BTC bet?

Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:58:38 AM

It's very probable that it was Matthew N. Wright (from IP logs).  

So you're saying that the guy went from 10k BTC bet extravaganza, to 5 BTC scams? Warm mouth affair surely comes next.

Seriously though, while I don't know him at all, I have an impression that such blatant scam doesn't quite fit his character.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:19:18 AM

So you're saying that the guy went from 10k BTC bet extravaganza, to 5 BTC scams? Warm mouth affair surely comes next.

Seriously though, while I don't know him at all, I have an impression that such blatant scam doesn't quite fit his character.
That's how he started when he first came here, so yes, it does fit his character.

Blind

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:12:28 AM

That's how he started when he first came here, so yes, it does fit his character.

AFAIK it was a matter of being late with payment for graphics work, rather than setup scam, but I'm not too heavy on the details.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 12:16:37 PM

What's he got to lose at this point? He lost his job, been ostracized from the community, lost many of his friends, lost his rep, Vlad is going after him, etc. Besides, he could have gotten much more than 5 btc via pms if he hadn't been outed. I get the feeling Matthew is going to be Bitscalper 2.0. As for his character...con men are often the most likable people you'll ever meet. That's how they do their work.

I don't know all the details from the other incident, but I do know he was late on paying, then escalated by reneging on the agreement and refused to pay for services rendered.

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:15:51 PM

Didn't MNW originally have a picture of himself as his avatar when he first joined?  It was of some guy sitting at a desk, in a shirt & tie. /tangent

Mousepotato
Blind

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:35:51 PM

What's he got to lose at this point? He lost his job, been ostracized from the community, lost many of his friends, lost his rep, Vlad is going after him, etc. Besides, he could have gotten much more than 5 btc via pms if he hadn't been outed. I get the feeling Matthew is going to be Bitscalper 2.0. As for his character...con men are often the most likable people you'll ever meet. That's how they do their work.

I don't know all the details from the other incident, but I do know he was late on paying, then escalated by reneging on the agreement and refused to pay for services rendered.

You must have reasons to form such opinion, I hope, because "what's he got to lose at this point" is rather poor standard. By that standard I am scammer in the making, fully anonymous, not rich enough to scoff at free 100 BTC, and have nothing to lose by pulling quick trick and abandoning account. It just would be out of my character. But as I said, I don't know the man, and you could be as well right, just finding "nothing to lose" reasoning rather poor.

For the record, I'm not defending Matt and likable argument doesn't fly with me, I pretty much despise this hypocritical, narcissistic assclown. I was quite annoyed by the community, praising him and never passing the chance to stick tongue up his ass, and I find it funny that it had to take failed bet (money) for them to see through his bullshit.

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 07:08:38 AM

Didn't MNW originally have a picture of himself as his avatar when he first joined?  It was of some guy sitting at a desk, in a shirt & tie. /tangent
He originally had a pickaxe-wielding mole as his avatar, with the username "BitMole". This was followed by a picture of himself, followed by an upside-down picture, followed by... other things.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 12:55:51 PM

You must have reasons to form such opinion, I hope, because "what's he got to lose at this point" is rather poor standard. By that standard I am scammer in the making, fully anonymous, not rich enough to scoff at free 100 BTC, and have nothing to lose by pulling quick trick and abandoning account. It just would be out of my character. But as I said, I don't know the man, and you could be as well right, just finding "nothing to lose" reasoning rather poor.

For the record, I'm not defending Matt and likable argument doesn't fly with me, I pretty much despise this hypocritical, narcissistic assclown. I was quite annoyed by the community, praising him and never passing the chance to stick tongue up his ass, and I find it funny that it had to take failed bet (money) for them to see through his bullshit.

If someone has no/bad reputation, no ties to the community, and nobody to vouch, then yes they absolutely are someone you should be careful of dealing with, and possibly a potential scammer. I wouldn't trust some faceless guy walking down the street, why should I trust someone I only know on the internet? I may not distrust them, but I don't trust them either. Certainly not gonna give them cash and send them on their way.

I usually use escrow, even when selling. Customers have no reason to trust me either if they don't know me, and I understand and accept that.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: