Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VeggieCoin  (Read 331 times)
sextian (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:51:22 PM

Whether for reasons of health, concern for animal rights or the environment veganism is on the rise.

Voin is a new cryptocurrency for vegans.

The logic behind it and how to download the wallet is provided here: https://veggiecoin.wordpress.com

Your thoughts please...

astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:03:12 PM

ethical oriented currencies are total nonsense in a greedy bastards circus like alt coins world

the pizza example from your website makes no sense because the problem is not the currency but the awareness about the cruelty in food industry.
since you cannot restrict the use of a currency what prevents users to buy tons of cows hamburgers?
Mountain Jew

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:08:31 PM

Just seems like another 'niche' coin to me. I think vegans would have no problem using bitcoin rather than their own specific coin. Vegans use regular money after all.
sextian (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:32:52 PM

since you cannot restrict the use of a currency what prevents users to buy tons of cows hamburgers?

This is explained in the section How to create a truly ethical currency. https://veggiecoin.wordpress.com/how-to-create-a-truly-ethical-currency/ I propose a modification to the proof-of-work algorithm which I call Proof of Intent (PoI).

sextian (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:47:24 PM

Just seems like another 'niche' coin to me. I think vegans would have no problem using bitcoin rather than their own specific coin. Vegans use regular money after all.

Vegans use regular money because they don't understand how the banking system works. Not many people do and the powers that be aren't in any hurry to explain it.

The success of coin will depend on being able to show the horrific cruelty that they are financing with THEIR MONEY.

The difficult is going to be making the videos without cracking up. There is some pretty gory material out there...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: