Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:23:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Experiment  (Read 740 times)
Jayggernaughty (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:50:50 PM

Hi Guys, I'm very new to bitcoin and a terrible programmer.

So i paid a fella to fork an altcoin that mines to one single master address. I have it compiled and running on a linode server.

I've been playing with a blockchain parser and coding it a little in the spare time, but really I need someone to volunteer to run the wallet so I have a test chain to look at.

Anyone able to help?
redpepper

Activity: 76
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:57:34 PM

You could get a VPS, running it on a second computer, doing the wallet testing yourself. There has been too many virus sent around, so I'm not going to run your code, unless it's known to be trusted.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:09:56 PM

Sorry , I can´t help you on it.
Jayggernaughty (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:09:27 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 02:05:06 PM by Jayggernaughty

Fair enough, I have a linode vps, and I have a desktop running linux behind my router,

They work fine when both being run from my desktop and mobaxterm ssh, they just won't run when I the linux machine is accessed from outside the nat. So, that bit is more or less me taking the time to figure it out.

I tried to pay a fella on odesk just to get that bit set up for me, so I could ssh in and use netbeans from work when I could, but the fella archived the code and took off.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to code it.

You can pull from the git if you want to audit the code.

Basically, I have litecoin, all mined coins go to a central address.

I need to parse the blockchain so I can try and implement a simple product for sale product ordered mechanism in the wallet that shouldn't affect the underlying simple complexity of the blockchain, I was thinking edi type codes.(I have a high level idea re: impelmentation - but we all know the devil and his details)

Then I want  to add a secondary block chain that mirrors the first, designed to keep track of equity and payables/receivables(credit sales). functionally the other side of an accounting double entry.(might even be worth a triple block chain - credit sales & equity seperated)

I have a few things to work out re: payables/receivables and equity - ensuring total credit sales never exceeds total equity/cash in the original blockchain(this part may be difficult in the current block chain and may be more conducive to a triple blockchain for equity)

thirdly I'd like to build a simple interface for an accounting package like quickbooks that should be able to populate cash/sales/receivables/payables and assets directly from the dual blockchain.

and I'd like to get a working prototype to prove that the blockchain is to accounting and accountants what email was to the telephone.

But ------- I can't even find the time to figure out how my litecoin is interacting with my router.

Anyone want to help?
Jayggernaughty (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:19:40 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 01:34:34 PM by Jayggernaughty

A distributed trusted cash ledger(blockchain) is valuable because there is no government - anarchist style....I agree....but most of the world's Accountants spend their lives making sure that the ledgers they recorded matches the ledgers their suppliers and customers recorded. Trillions is spent on this.

Bitcoin will revolutionize accounting and commerce, Once the block chain is doubled and accounts for the other side of the cash entry/non cash entry's.

I imagine a double blockchain that encompasses cash, a double blockchain that is a trusted record of both sides of a transaction, double entry accounting enforced as a prerequisite of commerce.

The act of commerce becomes the record of commerce.

Accountants will be out of a job.(My job becomes far simpler, mine the blockchain for a list of outstanding Receivables chase the money, export both blockchains to SAP, watch your financial statements generate themselves)

................He says, without even being able to get his litecoin variant to negotiate his router and NAT.
CoinThug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:09:23 AM

Hi Guys, I'm very new to bitcoin and a terrible programmer.

So i paid a fella to fork an altcoin that mines to one single master address. I have it compiled and running on a linode server.

I've been playing with a blockchain parser and coding it a little in the spare time, but really I need someone to volunteer to run the wallet so I have a test chain to look at.

Anyone able to help?
I will try to connect you after i am done with my own stuff. Salute
rocket1

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:37:51 AM

Hey involve your trusted friends to make it happen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: