Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:25:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin halving is near, will the price increase after halving?  (Read 3199 times)
Emperor of Man (OP)

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:39:31 PM

Hi. Stinking newbie user here!  Grin

As the title says, with the Litecoin halving time nearing, do you think its price will increase after halving? If yes, how much and also please explain your yes/no answers a bit.

Thanks.  Grin
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:07:31 PM

Price could increase before the halving and will dump hard on halving day. Maybe some days before halving day.

Dump on news  Wink

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:22:37 PM

No, Like to Dogecoin price will keep same for a time.
redpepper

Activity: 76
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:25:28 PM

My take is that it will fall afterward.  The excitement and interest comes prior to the halving.  After it, excitement dies out, slowing liquidity and taking the price down with it.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:54:34 PM

People will sell after the halving, because after that there would be nothing about litecoin to look forward to.
UserVVIP

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

I don't think a litecoin halving will have the same effect on price as a Bitcoin halving. Litecoin isnt really seen as an investment as much as bitcoin is, so a decrease in inflation might not mean much.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:31:11 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 10:16:44 PM by bathrobehero

Pretty much everybody expects the halving so I think people overvalue the immediate significance of it so it likely won't increase much.

From another perspective, every single day there are roughly 389 BTC worth of LTC being mined. But considering the daily volume (at the moment) is 16178 BTC or $4.5million , it's safe to say that even if that 389 BTC worth of LTC would get dumped everyday, the market could easily soak that up without it having any effect on the price. So halving that 389 BTC will only have any significant effect on the price is a physiological psychological one if people en masse fail to realise the math behind what I just pointed out.

Edit: typo

Not your keys, not your coins!
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:24:56 PM

With the recent pump of litecoin, many think the halving is already priced into LTC.
So after it does happen, there may not be much change.
I expect the litecoin price to eventuality stabilize around 0.01 btc.
Will.i.am Shakespeare

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:30:24 PM

When is the halving? I'd say probably not as there's not that much demand for litecoin really. Might see some people panicking and buying it beforehand though.
Emperor of Man (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:33:28 PM

When is the halving?
In around 1 month.  Smiley
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:45:11 PM

Pretty much everybody expects the halving so I think people overvalue the immediate significance of it so it likely won't increase much.

From another perspective, every single day there are roughly 389 BTC worth of LTC being mined. But considering the daily volume (at the moment) is 16178 BTC or $4.5million , it's safe to say that even if that 389 BTC worth of LTC would get dumped everyday, the market could easily soak that up without it having any effect on the price. So halving that 389 BTC will only have any significant effect on the price is a physiological one if people en masse fail to realise the math behind what I just pointed out.

psychological Smiley
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:56:37 PM

No, Like to Dogecoin price will keep same for a time.

I know, right? When Doge was released I went to take piss and when I came back it was halving. I'm kind of confused as to why it didn't sky rocket.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:16:59 PM

From another perspective, every single day there are roughly 389 BTC worth of LTC being mined. But considering the daily volume (at the moment) is 16178 BTC or $4.5million , it's safe to say that even if that 389 BTC worth of LTC would get dumped everyday, the market could easily soak that up without it having any effect on the price. So halving that 389 BTC will only have any significant effect on the price is a physiological one if people en masse fail to realise the math behind what I just pointed out.

psychological Smiley

Yes, that Smiley

Not your keys, not your coins!
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:19:20 PM

psychological Smiley

Yes, that Smiley

Sorry. I just had to say something. I'm making my run for full member here. Smiley
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:32:45 PM

With the recent pump of litecoin, many think the halving is already priced into LTC.
So after it does happen, there may not be much change.
I expect the litecoin price to eventuality stabilize around 0.01 btc.

This is what I was thinking.  The halving push maybe already happened, but I do expect it to go up after the halving.  Just not a huge spike or anything.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:30:33 AM

I think we can eek out a few more dollars before the halving, maybe to $6 again.

I don't know if the price will plummet afterward as the mining will need to stay somewhat profitable, combined with the fact that miners will have less coin to dump on the market everyday. Maybe the quick buck miners will drop out and the mine and hold types will stay keeping the price a bit higher.
Emperor of Man (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:27:05 PM

Reading all the comments, what I figured out is that the cryptocurrency hive mind believes that the price will increase, but not big time and not for long.  Wink
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 04:57:01 PM

The crypto-currency hive mind is a contrarian indicator.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:11:30 PM

no it will dump hard a couple days before halving
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:21:35 PM

Reading all the comments, what I figured out is that the cryptocurrency hive mind believes that the price will increase, but not big time and not for long.  Wink

This part of the hive mind expects that outcome, yes. To be more precise I expect it to rise somewhat before the halving and then to fall.

I am not expecting a huge rise at this point, perhaps to $6, but who knows?

I also would not expect a huge decline once the halving has happened, perhaps it will settle in where it has been now for the past days, in the $3-$4 range. I can't help but think with the reward being cut in half, the quick buck miners will leave and the true believers will stay on, and not want to liquidate their coins so cheap.

Of course, this mindset fits well with how I have invested so far, so maybe it is all just wishful thinking, I guess we will all know in a month or so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: