Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hackers threaten to leak Ashley Madison's 37 million clients  (Read 5724 times)
MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:36:13 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 08:20:19 PM by MakingMoneyHoney

Hackers threaten to leak Ashley Madison's 37 million clients

37 Million Cheating Spouses.

Marriage is a joke these days to the general public. Why do they even bother getting married?

"(Reuters) - Hackers claim to have personal details of more than 37 million cheating spouses on dating website Ashley Madison and have threatened to release nude photos and sexual fantasies of the site's clients unless it is shut down, blog KrebsOnSecurity reported.

Ashley Madison's Canadian parent, Avid Life Media, confirmed the breach on its systems and said it had since secured its site and was working with law enforcement agencies to try to trace those behind the attack.

The hackers, who call themselves The Impact Team, leaked snippets of the compromised data online and warned they would release customers' real names, profiles, nude photos, credit card details and "secret sexual fantasies" unless their demands were met, Krebs said.

Avid Life did not disclose what information was stolen."

"Ashley Madison, which uses the slogan "Life is short. Have an affair", has been planning to raise up to $200 million through an initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange."

(more on news page)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 07:40:47 PM

Who wants to take bets that these hackers have ties to either conservative or feminist groups?
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:45:36 PM

Release the Kraken and see what mayhem comes of it. Would think revenge sex would be on the increase after spouses find out their other in a freak.
MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:50:50 PM

Who wants to take bets that these hackers have ties to either conservative or feminist groups?

It's most likely not all men on these sites, in fact feminist women are probably all about having your cake and eating it too, just like guys right? I'd rather guess that most of the cheating women are feminist.
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:56:16 PM

It's most likely not all men on these sites, in fact feminist women are probably all about having your cake and eating it too, just like guys right? I'd rather guess that most of the cheating women are feminist.

That's a pretty valid assumption. Feminists don't believe in the whole "homemaker" mindset.

What I want to know though is if things like credit card numbers will be leaked. Of the site used Bitcoin, they wouldn't have to worry Smiley
MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:05:32 PM

That's a pretty valid assumption. Feminists don't believe in the whole "homemaker" mindset.

What I want to know though is if things like credit card numbers will be leaked. Of the site used Bitcoin, they wouldn't have to worry Smiley

I added the picture onto the OP. It does state that credit card numbers are part of what will be leaked.

Also, "They said users who had paid a fee to Avid Life to have their personal data permanently deleted had been lied to and the company had retained records, including credit card information"
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:15:18 PM

So far, in the whole history of hacking, how many of them were perpetrated by feminist conservatives versus self labeled smart leftist anarchists?
It could be the case here... But that probability is very, very low.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:22:44 PM

I added the picture onto the OP. It does state that credit card numbers are part of what will be leaked.

Also, "They said users who had paid a fee to Avid Life to have their personal data permanently deleted had been lied to and the company had retained records, including credit card information"

No idea that ashley bla bla was still on line...

I wonder if people looking forward for a global orgy that would kill God had a credit card history on that website...

Wink

pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:25:20 PM

Why get married and then cheat? I don't understand that concept.  Huh
Just stay single and sleep around or whatever? So if they do leak the info, well that's just what you get.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:34:49 PM

Why get married and then cheat? I don't understand that concept.  Huh
Just stay single and sleep around or whatever? So if they do leak the info, well that's just what you get.

Does anyone know if you have to prove you are married before joining those websites? That would be... Sadly funny if that was the case.

Rico Suave

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:46:41 PM

I don't really understand why people would go to such a site. Why not just go have an affair on any other dating site? Ones that specifically go to site for an affair ironically don't seem like the type of people you'd even want to date. Baffling.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:45:28 PM

Its not really about the dating,more about the std's and quick releases. So I heard Roll Eyes
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:34:44 PM

I don't really understand why people would go to such a site. Why not just go have an affair on any other dating site? Ones that specifically go to site for an affair ironically don't seem like the type of people you'd even want to date. Baffling.
Maybe they just find it easier when they know the other person is also cheating. Typically it's a bored man looking for a younger, single woman, that starts having demands later on. Here they could find a woman bored in her marriage that will just go back to it in the morning.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:24:03 AM

I agree with this analysis, it is probably some feminist or marxist group. Also I don't know if anyone has seen the commercials for this service, but it is very clearly marketed at women, I love how only men are the scumbags, when I would bet the user base is comprised of mostly females. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJSD46JSoM
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:01:45 AM

This is very positive news for bitcoin.

Use a credit card on AM: hackers now have your real details (most people are not savvy enough to create fake credit card credentials) and can release them, causing marital havoc across the world.

If AM supported bitcoin: hackers would have a bunch of addresses, maybe could have stolen some bitcoins. But all users could have remained anonymous without enormous amounts of work to uncover each identity.

Life Is Short.  Have a Bitcoin.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:04:56 AM

I agree with this analysis, it is probably some feminist or marxist group. Also I don't know if anyone has seen the commercials for this service, but it is very clearly marketed at women, I love how only men are the scumbags, when I would bet the user base is comprised of mostly females. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJSD46JSoM

I would love to see the database dumped, if only to see the ratio of men, women, and fake women on the site.  To me AM is clearly marketed women simply because men will automatically sign up for it.  It's women that need to be convinced that AM is a good idea.

A few weeks ago a Japanese dating site was busted and management arrested for fraud because the site had several million members.  All but one were male.  Every single user was talking to fake profiles and ponying up cash.  I wouldn't be surprised if AM was similar.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:21:08 AM

I would love to see the database dumped, if only to see the ratio of men, women, and fake women on the site.  To me AM is clearly marketed women simply because men will automatically sign up for it.  It's women that need to be convinced that AM is a good idea.

A few weeks ago a Japanese dating site was busted and management arrested for fraud because the site had several million members.  All but one were male.  Every single user was talking to fake profiles and ponying up cash.  I wouldn't be surprised if AM was similar.

I am sure most of the female accounts are shills but who knows?   Technology is great and all, but is it really that difficult to meet people in person?

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:53:15 AM

I agree with this analysis, it is probably some feminist or marxist group.

Why would a marxist group be involved? That seems random.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:54:03 AM

This is the Y2K of this decade!!!  OMG   Cheesy

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:12:27 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 03:16:03 PM by Spendulus

I think the answer is age old, the excitement of the forbidden.  From the picture on their home page, and from all their marketing they promote, sell - the excitement that's missing from one's life.  

Movies, fiction....try romance novels, then tell me women, happily boxed into marriage/church/family/soccer, don't vicariously want "more."  Look at the preponderance of total sociopaths in our movies that think nothing of fucking around.  Who do what the average person can't do(and is too smart to) which is basically anything they want.  AM gives them this, or the appearance of it, the fiction of it.  Made more exciting by the possibility of carrying through on it.

Seems like that's a pretty darn good "marketing approach," compared to bland and boring "dating sites."  "Dates" vs "Affairs..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: