Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hackers threaten to leak Ashley Madison's 37 million clients  (Read 5724 times)
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Why get married and then cheat? I don't understand that concept.  Huh
Just stay single and sleep around or whatever? So if they do leak the info, well that's just what you get.

Does anyone know if you have to prove you are married before joining those websites? That would be... Sadly funny if that was the case.

Jeeze, that would be really sad.

But I could definitely see them asking for a copy of a marriage certificate, lmao.
I wonder how the users and the website feel about outsiders infiltrating and pretending to be married, wonder if they ever get caught? I don't even know... lol

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:50:23 PM

I agree with this analysis, it is probably some feminist or marxist group.

Why would a marxist group be involved? That seems random.

It only seems random if you are ignorant of the Marxist genesis of the feminist movement and their shared ideology of the destruction of the family unit.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 05:28:36 AM

Meh, this bores me to be honest. Everybody fucks, what of it?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:54:59 AM

This guy fucks.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
misterycoins

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:50:30 AM

Everyone who thought they were paying for complete privacy and "total delete" are now potentially going to be exposed via their credit card details.
time for a Ashley Bitcoinson... Cheesy
francis.cameron

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:14:31 PM

Everyone who thought they were paying for complete privacy and "total delete" are now potentially going to be exposed via their credit card details.
time for a Ashley Bitcoinson... Cheesy

Well isn't this ironic, hehehe. Good idea though! Ashley Bitcoinson Tongue
bobc1994

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 12:37:16 PM

MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:44:03 PM

This isn't about having sex. This is about going through the act of marriage, pledging oneself to be faithful and then cheating instead of being honest, communicating, going through with a promise to be faithful, or asking for a divorce first. If this was about a company that was for flings without the marriage, you'd have a point, but you missed the point of this thread...

Again, I'm not surprised in the long run at all this unfaithfulness, but I cannot understand why anyone would want to marry someone and then cheat on them, especially on this large of a scale. Why go through with the act of marriage?

I would have thought you'd be on my side on this, Beliathon. These people should not have gotten married to begin with if they couldn't be faithful.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:53:06 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 02:16:57 PM by Beliathon

This guy fucks.
Correct.

This isn't about having sex. This is about going through the act of marriage, pledging oneself to be faithful and then cheating
The mistake these people made wasn't cheating, it was getting married. They have been lied to about human nature, by people who in turn have been lied to about human nature, who were in turn lied to by non-scientists who didn't know jackshit about human nature.

All the evidence overwhelmingly suggests that Homo Sapiens are promiscuous by nature, meant to fuck with many different partners, not at all monogamous. This is why the institution of marriage is imploding.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:43:28 PM

link for the full hackers' release?
Roll Eyes

fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:09:57 PM

link for the full hackers' release?
Roll Eyes
still does not have
These guys are trying to extort money I assume
They'll release it when and if they want to.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 06:50:06 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 08:15:20 PM by funkenstein

This isn't about having sex. This is about going through the act of marriage, pledging oneself to be faithful and then cheating instead of being honest, communicating, going through with a promise to be faithful, or asking for a divorce first. If this was about a company that was for flings without the marriage, you'd have a point, but you missed the point of this thread...

Again, I'm not surprised in the long run at all this unfaithfulness, but I cannot understand why anyone would want to marry someone and then cheat on them, especially on this large of a scale. Why go through with the act of marriage?

I would have thought you'd be on my side on this, Beliathon. These people should not have gotten married to begin with if they couldn't be faithful.

Wai wut?  "Asking for a divorce first"..  as in before what?  Before telling your wife you get 50% of earnings from all tricks earned at home?  Before visiting some dumb-ass site like Ashley Madison or Facebook?   Before having a conversation about who you will invite home and get naked with and during what hours?  

Good question about why going through with "marriage".  Of course to answer it properly one would have to define it, and that seems hard as everyone has their own ideas.  Generally speaking however, I have seen that most people have roughly the following priorities for why to do it:

1) To justify expense of a large party and travel / visiting by friends and family
2) To placate the nazis, as in to enable procurement of nazi papers such as passport / residential permit / etc
3) To "show face" in the Chinese sense, that is to put on airs of traditional normalcy
4) as financial / political arrangement  

That's all I can come up with.  Anything else?  

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:53:54 PM

hackers claim that the reason they did it was to prove that Ashley Madison was lying to their customers about the permanent delete feature.
MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:56:22 PM

I agree that these cheaters should never have been married. It just makes marriage a joke to those who really believe in it.

hackers claim that the reason they did it was to prove that Ashley Madison was lying to their customers about the permanent delete feature.

That would be nice of them. However, I don't believe it was their only motive or they would have not be blackmailing them for money.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:27:23 PM

This guy fucks.
Correct.

This isn't about having sex. This is about going through the act of marriage, pledging oneself to be faithful and then cheating
The mistake these people made wasn't cheating, it was getting married. They have been lied to about human nature, by people who in turn have been lied to about human nature, who were in turn lied to by non-scientists who didn't know jackshit about human nature.

All the evidence overwhelmingly suggests that Homo Sapiens are promiscuous by nature, meant to fuck with many different partners, not at all monogamous. This is why the institution of marriage is imploding.

How do you explain the scientific evidence that people are happiest when they have exactly 1 (no more, no less) sexual partners per year?  I'm not saying it can't be explained away, but it's there.

https://books.google.com/books?id=bI-Jau14aLAC&pg=PA210&lpg=PA210&dq=people+are+happier+with+1+sex+partner&source=bl&ots=EbfjH4_yzn&sig=bU2ISvTA43wMhQaBUgj7eD-Phkw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAzgKahUKEwit7LOg5e_GAhVLOz4KHTMmDQQ#v=onepage&q=people%20are%20happier%20with%201%20sex%20partner&f=false
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:13:18 PM

This guy fucks.
Correct.

How do you explain the scientific evidence that people are happiest when they have exactly 1 (no more, no less) sexual partners per year?  I'm not saying it can't be explained away, but it's there.

https://books.google.com/books?id=bI-Jau14aLAC&pg=PA210&lpg=PA210&dq=people+are+happier+with+1+sex+partner&source=bl&ots=EbfjH4_yzn&sig=bU2ISvTA43wMhQaBUgj7eD-Phkw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAzgKahUKEwit7LOg5e_GAhVLOz4KHTMmDQQ#v=onepage&q=people%20are%20happier%20with%201%20sex%20partner&f=false

So what...one marriage per year?

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:49:46 AM

This guy fucks.
Correct.

So what...one marriage per year?

Do you think people with 50 marriages in a lifetime are happier than those with 1?
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:53:37 AM

Do you think people with 50 marriages in a lifetime are happier than those with 1?
I think people with zero marriages in a lifetime are happier than those with 1. The stories of miserable marriage and divorce are everywhere in modern culture, pay attention.

People with one sexual partner are accepted by society. If you have multiple sexual partners, you have to hide it from the world, especially in political or other prestigious careers.

The same was true about homosexuals 25 years ago.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:31:03 AM

I think people with zero marriages in a lifetime are happier than those with 1. The stories of miserable marriage and divorce are everywhere in modern culture, pay attention.

Also pay attention to the immense social pressure to be sexy, to the glorification of sexual promiscuity in the media linked to social status, to the breakdown in effective person-to-person communication as a result of digital technology, to the exponential increase in ADHD diagnoses in adults, etc.  Didn't you say you were a psychology major or something?  

People with one sexual partner are accepted by society. If you have multiple sexual partners, you have to hide it from the world, especially in political or other prestigious careers.

The same was true about homosexuals 25 years ago.

Contextual question:  Do you believe that a person who has sex with 10 people a year will be happier than 1?  I think it depends on the individual and upon individual circumstances.  This isn't a huge difference by today's standards.

Comparison question:  Do you think that a person who has sex with 365 people in a year will be happier than 1?  The point of this question is to ask you whether a person's satisfaction will continually increase on to infinity if they keep having more and more sexual partners.  This is a rhetorical question, because we both know the answer is no.  So, then, why is the answer no?

Idea for reflection:  What do you think would happen to a person who has with many partners frequently, versus a person who does not, if that person is placed into a situation where they are no longer able to (e.g. graduating college, getting too old, too ugly, or too busy, put in jail, becoming sick or medically incapable, etc.)?

People respond to sex much like they do drugs.  Some people do okay living life completely sober, and others do just fine with moderate, controlled drug use.  Virtually nobody functions optimally when they use drugs perpetually, especially many different kinds, and this is especially true when you initially take those drugs away from them.  People respond similarly in many ways to sexual engagement.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:44:16 AM

Virtually nobody functions optimally when they use drugs perpetually, especially many different kinds, and this is especially true when you initially take those drugs away from them.  People respond similarly in many ways to sexual engagement.

Sex is not a drug, it's completely natural and both mentally and physically healthy for you (excluding STIs obviously). In fact, sex preserves youthful vitality, where as most drugs age you.

This comparison is not at all apt. http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: