Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of miner do you use?  (Read 1508 times)
akaneo (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:24:56 PM

I was just wondering what company everyone likes to back?

I myself have only had Bitman Antminers S3, S4, and S5 I like them they are reliable once I have them set and running they are pretty much worry free. But I was thinking about branching out and seeing if anything else works for me.

So what does everyone else like and why?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:51:55 PM

As far a current gen there are really 2 that you might look at. SP gear such as SP20.   Or also Avalon 4.1.

There are some older gen gear aswell.  It just depends on what your looking for.
akaneo (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:07:55 AM

I am not looking to buy now I was just wondering what is everyones fav either their gear or wish to have
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:22:59 AM

I am not looking to buy now I was just wondering what is everyones fav either their gear or wish to have

You should really move to speculation then.  At bottom left look for move to, and put in speculation.

Also I might suggest doing a poll.  Makes it much easier if that is your goal Smiley  I would do S3 and new miners in poll. 
mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:28:31 AM

this is sorta in the wrong topic discussion, it can be in the mining speculation or beginners help.

but to answer your question, i personally have shares with genesis mining which seems the only cc accepted cloud mining at the moment.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:11:52 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 10:14:39 AM by Amph

i wish to have my old gpu gear back and mining altcoin like in the good old days, i'm not too much in the asic miners, they are so limited and help centralization, i prefer freedom and decentralization

and gpu can mine everything... the fact that they are no as a efficient on sh256 isn't a problem if you can mine something else and convert in bitcoin, the result is the same
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:26:36 AM

i wish to have my old gpu gear back and mining altcoin like in the good old days, i'm not too much in the asic miners, they are so limited and help centralization, i prefer freedom and decentralization

and gpu can mine everything the fact that they are no as a efficient on sh256 isn't a problem if you can mine something else and convert in bitcoin, the result is the same

Asics are all that keep big corporations from being the only BTC miners.  Yes the profit is not as big as we want.  We always want more.

I think even if after halving the little guys are forced out there will still we some decentralization.  Not as much as we want but still some.   I don't think we will ever see a pool with 51 percent again.

Hurting BTC just is not in anyone's best interest.   Even if 3 or 4 big companies only mining most likely they don't want hurt their business.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:28:40 AM

What would be a cheap USB miner I could make my investment back in 6 months or less living at my parent's house in USA.  I don't think based on other research it is even profitable then.   Sad

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:47:27 AM

What would be a cheap USB miner I could make my investment back in 6 months or less living at my parent's house in USA.  I don't think based on other research it is even profitable then.   Sad

Sadly day's of usb miners making roi in decent time are gone.  Sidehack is selling a new one that is 25 dollars, but you will not get ROI in 6 months.

To get any ROI in 6 months you would need cheap electricity.  What is your electricity rate?
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:28:54 PM

w/gh = S5
Sound = Avalon 4.1

Simple!  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 05:06:47 PM

Look into FPGA mining if you want performance at low power consumption. There's a little more configuring involved but it's worth while trying. It's a smaller footprint compared to those ASIC miners.

The easiest entry model I found here:
USB-FPGA Module 1.15y:
Quad-Spartan 6 LX150 FPGA Board with USB 2.0 Microcontroller
http://www.ztex.de/usb-fpga-1/usb-fpga-1.15y.e.html

with a link to bitcoin mining here:
http://www.ztex.de/btcminer/

Happy mining Smiley

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:14:32 PM

I simply loved my first GPU rig back in days. It was really easy to get stuff like motherboard or graphic card from local store, there was guarantee and I don't have to pay some CLO or wait months with crossed fingers..

from FPGA word, I had couple of those boards, and they were amazing: http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/products/spartan-6-development-boards/cairnsmore-1/

regarding ASICs, I stopped taking care so much, even I had few (Avalon B2, KNC Jupiter), simply because it was move from hobby miners to greedy preorder model.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: