Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:37:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana helps broken bones heal faster, a new study has found.  (Read 2227 times)
morin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:56:47 PM

You are right. Grow your own organic marijuana. Most people have a house plant and pot is easy to grow. 2 plants can keep most high for a year. The greed to grow the most is because of big business. The government need not be involved. BTW mint plants help keep many bugs out of plants, including spider mites.

Pot is not a plant you want to grow in your house. Unless you LIKE the smell of skunk spray.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:58:42 PM

Pot is not a plant you want to grow in your house. Unless you LIKE the smell of skunk spray.

You don't have to grow it in doors and all pot does not smell like skunk. Some even smells fruity. I was just trying to make the point that it is easy to grow.
As a teen I smoked some but quit before I was out of high school, around 1981. Well life happened things changed over the years. Now I'm 50 and disabled for years now. Was drinking to much because of pain and depression and I can get morphine from the doc but I don't like that stuff plus withdrawals ( I've gone through many times) sucks. I always felt weed should be legal just never smoked it and thought the whole "it helps with this and that" was B.S. But decided to try it and now I see that it does help. I just didn't know it before because nothing was wrong with me. That being said I like to be sober because my mind is much clearer, but at the end of the day it makes life much easier with no health risk that I know of. I eat it. Any one hungry? lol
P.S. I am not a liberal I'm closer to a redneck.
shevon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:59:30 PM

It can make you fail a drug test and lose your job.

"The Times of Israel reports that researchers at Tel Aviv University found that rats with broken bones healed much quicker when given the non-psychotic marijuana component, cannabidiol or CBD."

well that is just stupid then isn't it, if this is true, why should you be fired for taking your medicine

proof the war on drugs ruins more lives then the drugs themselves
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:59:51 PM

I've been reading about the vast and endless amount of advantages the consumption of THC has in the body, but for those advantages to remain I suspect the consumption would need to be not casual but almost daily, which in return will have cons as well if you are prone to certain genetic conditions such as schizophrenia. Not sure how the overall pro/con balance falls at.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:00:51 PM

It can make you feel good and feeling good improves healing. Petting a dog or cat will do the exact same thing. If a rock makes you feel good, the effects of that rock are the same as a joint.

I seriously doubt this.   It's more likely that the extract used, cannabiol, has properties that stimulate bone growth and strength, and that this has nothing to do with pscyho active properties.

It's worth reading the study though to see the experimental protocol.  Was the amount of food eaten controlled, set the same between the group given the extract and the control group? 

If the effect of the extract was simply to stimulate eating, that could explain the experimental results.  Maybe rats with broken bones don't exactly feel like eating, and rats with broken bones given the extract want to do nothing other than munch on doritos in sheer blisss....
rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:01:16 PM

You are right. Grow your own organic marijuana. Most people have a house plant and pot is easy to grow. 2 plants can keep most high for a year. The greed to grow the most is because of big business. The government need not be involved. BTW mint plants help keep many bugs out of plants, including spider mites.

Legalization will inevitably lead to Big Tobacco taking over Big Pot, the big government types will see it as a new revenue stream.. They have the money and the clout to do what Big Alcohol did.....corner the market. You can bet along with legalization "of use" growing your own will become VERY illegal. Having a still can land you in jail unless you meet all the regulations and have prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant.
steve.reimer

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:02:27 PM

It can make you fail a drug test and lose your job.

They will be changing soon as it has already in several States.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:04:24 PM

Legalization will inevitably lead to Big Tobacco taking over Big Pot, the big government types will see it as a new revenue stream.. They have the money and the clout to do what Big Alcohol did.....corner the market. You can bet along with legalization "of use" growing your own will become VERY illegal. Having a still can land you in jail unless you meet all the regulations and have prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant.

Again you are right, but your really talking about money. If you make alcohol and grow weed for your own use not money the likelihood of getting in trouble is very low. I can get both within 10 min if I want it. The government creates criminals.
rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:08:27 PM

Again you are right, but your really talking about money. If you make alcohol and grow weed for your own use not money the likelihood of getting in trouble is very low. I can get both within 10 min if I want it. The government creates criminals.

Yes, I am talking about money. Property seizure is quite lucrative for the Government, just another great revenue stream. That won't change, they'll take everything you have.

If you make alcohol and grow weed for your own use not money the likelihood of getting in trouble is very low.

One can get away with it with alcohol, but Pot requires electricity hogging grow lights. That shows up on your electricity bill.

godlyitems

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:09:38 PM

Yes, I am talking about money. Property seizure is quite lucrative for the Government, just another great revenue stream. That won't change, they'll take everything you have.

One can get away with it with alcohol, but Pot requires electricity hogging grow lights. That shows up on your electricity bill.

No pot does not require all that. Big indoor pot businesses do, but again we are talking about money. Anyone can grow a few plants right next to there tomatoes.
krenare

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:11:06 PM

"The Times of Israel reports that researchers at Tel Aviv University found that rats with broken bones healed much quicker when given the non-psychotic marijuana component, cannabidiol or CBD."

well that is just stupid then isn't it, if this is true, why should you be fired for taking your medicine

proof the war on drugs ruins more lives then the drugs themselves

I think this issue is something that most of us on the liberal and conservative side can rally around. Whether you like weed or not, the fact that it can land you in jail is just stupid. Employers can decide their own policy. I'm glad my company doesn't have a drug test policy and I still make more than the national average.
IDKwhatimdoing

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:11:33 PM

There is another plant that is very helpful for broken bones...comfrey. Great to hear this may be possible with marijuana.

Congtyn

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:12:09 PM

Not sure if it will mend broken bones, but if you smoke enough if it, you might not care (or remember) that your bone is broken.
ezly

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:13:37 PM

Its bullcrap BS. The high ons rats didnt get off the couch for weeks.

You realize CBD is not psychoactive right? As in it doesn't get you high at all?
ezly

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:20:27 PM

If one buys weed from someone else ya don't know what the hell the grower sprayed on it to keep the pests like spider mites, thrips, aphids, white flies and caterpillars off the plants, all of which will eat the pot as it grows. One also doesn't know what the hell the grower sprayed on it to keep the diseases like botrytis, powdery mildew, leaf septori and rust off it either. The goal for the grower is the biggest yield possible. Who know what sort of chemical compounds are created when pesticides/fungicides are burned.

Which is why you smoke hydroponically grown weed that they don't spray pesticides on and get your dope from a trusted source.
Not to mention: All you bring up could be efficiently and simply cured by a legal, taxed and regulated market. See CO, or alcohol. Heard of Jakeleg? No? Wonder why? Its because booze you buy at the store is not tainted or made out of antifreeze.
ezly

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:29:06 PM

But you can homebrew beer and wine. SO its unlikely homegrowth for personal will be entirely done away with. Restricted? Sure. Done away with entirely?

Solar roof. Hides the heat signature from the lights too since solar is so hot.
Congtyn

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:29:43 PM

Only pot smokers support legalizing pot.
ezly

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:38:11 PM

Not sure if it will mend broken bones, but if you smoke enough if it, you might not care (or remember) that your bone is broken.

You realize 1) they were using extracted CBD only which is not psychoactive IE doesn't get you high? and 2) that they weren't having the rats smoke that and no one is saying smoking dope will heal a broken bone faster?
godlyitems

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:40:08 PM

Yep just like taking pills only better for you without the addiction.

Only pot smokers support legalizing pot.

Very true. Only drinkers support alcohol being legal.
Congtyn

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:41:48 PM

Yep just like taking pills only better for you without the addiction.

Yes, because nobody in recorded history has ever taken pills and not get addicted to them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: