Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:25:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana helps broken bones heal faster, a new study has found.  (Read 2227 times)
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:42:57 PM

Yes, because nobody in recorded history has ever taken pills and not get addicted to them.

If you need pain meds everyday you will get addicted and have withdrawals . That is a fact. If you drink alcohol everyday for pain you will get addicted and have withdrawals when you have none. And that's a fact. So explain again why pot is so bad. Oh it makes you sit on the couch and relax, then you have a great night sleep, and if there's none for morning you have no withdrawals.
Congtyn

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:44:48 PM

So explain again why pot is so bad.

Well, it must be pretty bad if only pot smokers think it should be legal.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:45:50 PM

Well, it must be pretty bad if only pot smokers think it should be legal.

By that logic alcohol must be real bad if only drinkers want it legal. So is everything people want legal bad? If so even you are screwed.
Congtyn

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:47:03 PM

By that logic alcohol must be real bad if only drinkers want it legal.

I've already made that argument.
ended

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:49:19 PM

It can make you fail a drug test and lose your job.

As with all things - be responsible. If your work drug tests, you shouldn't use cannabis (or you should at least be aware of the risk of being fired).
arul.BP

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:50:26 PM

If one buys weed from someone else ya don't know what the hell the grower sprayed on it to keep the pests like spider mites, thrips, aphids, white flies and caterpillars off the plants, all of which will eat the pot as it grows. One also doesn't know what the hell the grower sprayed on it to keep the diseases like botrytis, powdery mildew, leaf septori and rust off it either. The goal for the grower is the biggest yield possible. Who know what sort of chemical compounds are created when pesticides/fungicides are burned.

A good reason to legalize home growing for some and commercial growing that is regulated like any other crop and sold commercially where the seller doesn't want bad things in his product else it get out and he's out of business. Get it all above ground, forgive the pun.
Congtyn

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:51:04 PM

Who cares if an adult smokes weed or has a stiff drink at the end of the day? really?

This is an issue where you can see who the real fascists are....

The legalization or decriminalization of pot is a win for classical liberalism....
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:51:45 PM

The Times of Israel reports that researchers at Tel Aviv University found that rats with broken bones healed much quicker when given the non-psychotic marijuana component, cannabidiol or CBD.

This news is music for the users of marijuana. Who can hear those now?

But can it heal a broken heart?

Lol. Who knows? No study was showed but this doesn't tell that there are not study in progress.

rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:53:13 PM

No pot does not require all that. Big indoor pot businesses do, but again we are talking about money. Anyone can grow a few plants right next to there tomatoes.

Marijuana bust shines light on utilities

Good luck!
godlyitems

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:54:25 PM

See that's about money again. Know one needs electricity to grow any plant. Haven't you guys ever seen a tree? If a person grows 2 plants in the back yard no one will even know. Not even the DEA, or the guy next door. But the smart thing to do is talk to your neighbors ask them if they are ok with it. Many are. They don't want you growing $50,000 worth but a plant or two, no biggie. The feds got not time for a $500 bust, or bug your phone, or follow you around.
rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:55:18 PM

See that's about money again. Know one needs electricity to grow any plant. Haven't you guys ever seen a tree? If a person grows 2 plants in the back yard no one will even know. Not even the DEA, or the guy next door. But the smart thing to do is talk to your neighbors ask them if they are ok with it. Many are. They don't want you growing $50,000 worth but a plant or two, no biggie. The feds got not time for a $500 bust, or bug your phone, or follow you around.

The little guys have less money to fight the charges with and therefore make the more desirable targets. Plus they add to the bust/conviction numbers.
Congtyn

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:56:32 PM

The little guys have less money to fight the charges with and therefore make the more desirable targets. Plus they add to the bust/conviction numbers.

Are you part of law enforcement or have you been involved in illegal activity enough to know this for a fact. I've seen both sides and it may all depend on where you live not what state you live in.
rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

Are you part of law enforcement or have you been involved in illegal activity enough to know this for a fact. I've seen both sides and it may all depend on where you live not what state you live in.

All one has to do is look. I'm 58 years old and the the jails are full or "little fish" used to pad the conviction rates of DA's with loftier aspirations.
little.cheekie

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:59:14 PM

Yeah sure pot heads claim pot can cure anything from zits to cancer. But then if your brain is addled by pot I supose you could believe that.

There's no evidence suggesting permanent brain damage to adults who use cannabis.
rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:03:09 PM

There's no evidence suggesting permanent brain damage to adults who use cannabis.

February 7, 2011

Cannabis May Influence Onset of Psychosis

Research to be published this summer finds that the use of cannabis is associated with the early onset of psychosis. Christie Nicholson reports.

This particular study found that marijuana use is associated with early development of psychosis. Scientists analyzed 83 studies involving over 8,000 subjects who used pot and over 14,000 subjects who did not. They compared the age of onset for psychosis between these groups. And they found that those who used cannabis developed psychosis nearly three years younger than those who did not use any pot.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/cannabis-may-influence-onset-of-psy-11-02-07/

Don't Rule Out Marijuana as Trigger for Schizophrenia

By: RICHARD HYER, Clinical Psychiatry News Digital Network

09/21/11

CHICAGO – The idea that cannabis use might trigger a patient’s first psychotic episode is one that needs to be taken seriously, Dr. John Csernansky said at a seminar on "Reinventing Inpatient Psychiatry."

"Are there patients out there who have schizophrenia who would not have had it without substance abuse? There may be," said Dr. Csernansky, chairman of the department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Northwestern University, Chicago. "This is a very hot topic and one that is genuinely frightening."

Cannabis use is frequent within 1-2 years before the first psychotic break. A variety of epidemiological studies suggest that cannabis use in adolescence (15-18) increases the risk for development of schizophrenia, even years later.

The connection between cannabis use and early psychosis is particularly concerning because substance abuse is common in schizophrenia. Cannabis, in particular, has a severe effect on the thalamus of the person with schizophrenia. This effect is worse than the effect of alcohol.

"It looks as though alcohol makes schizophrenia worse, whereas cannabis damages a part of the brain that maybe otherwise would have not been [damaged]," Dr. Csernansky said.

http://www.clinicalpsychiatrynews.com/single-view/don-t-rule-out-marijuana-as-trigger-for-schizophrenia/df0b545c0b.html

Growing Evidence Of Marijuana Smoke's Potential Dangers

ScienceDaily (Aug. 5, 2009) — In a finding that challenges the increasingly popular belief that smoking marijuana is less harmful to health than smoking tobacco, researchers in Canada are reporting that smoking marijuana, like smoking tobacco, has toxic effects on cells.

Scientists know that marijuana smoke has adverse effects on the lungs. However, there is little knowledge about marijuana's potential to cause lung cancer due to the difficulty in identifying and studying people who have smoked only marijuana.

The new study begins to address that question by comparing marijuana smoke vs. tobacco smoke in terms of toxicity to cells and to DNA. Scientists exposed cultured animal cells and bacteria to condensed smoke samples from both marijuana and tobacco. There were distinct differences in the degree and type of toxicity elicited by marijuana and cigarette smoke.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090805110741.htm

The evidence is mounting.
rio3232

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:04:30 PM

All one has to do is look. I'm 58 years old and the the jails are full or "little fish" used to pad the conviction rates of DA's with loftier aspirations.

You are right to a point. BTW I'm 50, so I'm not a youngster. I live in a small rural conservative town and I like it this way. No this town will not allow pot dispensaries and does not condone the growing of it within the city limits. And I understand why. I'm also ok with that. That being said no one gets busted for 2 plants in their garden. I think part of that is the attitude of mind your own business and if it's not affecting your life let it be. In the city there are many more rules and people trying to run your life. Yes I've lived in Vallejo ca for 18 years and I do know the difference.
ezly

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:06:25 PM

Mounting? That's been known far longer than 2011. ANY psychoactive substance (even CAFFEINE) can cause the ONSET of psychosis IE if you are predisposed to psychosis anyway it can bring it out earlier.
If your family has a history of psychosis you shouldn't be using ANY pschoactives at all. ANY. Not just pot.

Your lung study is disproven too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:11:45 PM

Well, yah.  since the little guys all plea bargain....100% of arrests are convictions...
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:16:31 PM

The only point is if you are growing for self consumption, it is unlikely that they will ever find out.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:24:45 PM

February 7, 2011

Cannabis May Influence Onset of Psychosis

Research to be published this summer finds that the use of cannabis is associated with the early onset of psychosis. Christie Nicholson reports.

This particular study found that marijuana use is associated with early development of psychosis.....

No, the evidence is not mounting.

"Associated with" is not indicative of cause and effect.  You see, a large percentage of illegal drug use is what might be called "self medication."  EG, "I feel bad, so I'll take this stuff and I'll feel much, much better."

The self medication of someone with latent or emerging psychotic tendencies does not imply said tendencies erupt faster due to the self medication.   

This is a difficult subject, by the way.  It's one of those things that's ugly no matter which way you paint it or look at it or which action you prefer or suggest.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: