Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Voin is a better investment than Bitcoin  (Read 821 times)
sextian (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:37:27 AM

https://veggiecoin.wordpress.com/why-voin-is-a-better-investment-than-bitcoin/

Niche coins are the future for cryptocurrencies, IMO. A monolithic coin such as Bitcoin doesn't work. Already the blockchain is too big. Many small coins with a manageable blockchain and free exchange between the coins is the way ahead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:02:53 AM

Maybe I am alone but I have never even heard of voin before...
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:05:07 AM

https://veggiecoin.wordpress.com/why-voin-is-a-better-investment-than-bitcoin/

Niche coins are the future for cryptocurrencies, IMO. A monolithic coin such as Bitcoin doesn't work. Already the blockchain is too big. Many small coins with a manageable blockchain and free exchange between the coins is the way ahead.

Because of the limited scope and limited demand niche coins are not used to stay afloat for a long time. Perhaps you want to take a look at the NXT monetary system. That's something designed for making such coins on the top of the NXT blockchain.

No, you are not alone. Actually when I asked Google, the best hit was this topic, so if it exist then it doesn't seems to be something serious.

sextian (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:17:03 AM

Its only been launched in the last few days. Its a niche coin designed for ethical and much as financial reasons. Proof-of-intent replaces proof-of-work for confirming transactions.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:31:09 AM

Its only been launched in the last few days. Its a niche coin designed for ethical and much as financial reasons. Proof-of-intent replaces proof-of-work for confirming transactions.

Ninja launch, no site, no client, no documentation, no github repository, no ANN topic, a newbie promoting it... Are you kidding mate? Maybe you are not aware of that, but these "deficiencies" are all red flags around here. I'd say proof-of-intent-to-scam... Smiley
sextian (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:32:28 AM

Because of the limited scope and limited demand niche coins are not used to stay afloat for a long time. Perhaps you want to take a look at the NXT monetary system. That's something designed for making such coins on the top of the NXT blockchain.

I think its best to stick as closely as possible to the original bitcoin source code, which has been proven to work and only make those modifications that are needed.

NXT is fairly buggy too and not well documented.
rocoloko

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:41:33 AM

Best investment now is Potato coin. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391860.0)
LOL

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
sextian (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:50:02 AM

Ninja launch, no site, no client, no documentation, no github repository, no ANN topic, a newbie promoting it... Are you kidding mate? Maybe you are not aware of that, but these "deficiencies" are all red flags around here. I'd say proof-of-intent-to-scam... Smiley

Its targeted at the vegan community mainly. The aim is to build up the blockchain within the vegan community before releasing it to outsiders. The ninja launch not unintentional.

Instructions on how to use the client are given here:

https://veggiecoin.wordpress.com/introducing-voin/

The github repository will be up shortly.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:34:55 AM

I don't even hear about  Voin, so i guess most people don't know  Voin, so it's not a good choice.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:44:15 AM

Only a fool would download and run that.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:55:25 AM

It was announced a few days ago, skimmed through it and it seems like just another coin we have had almost every name variation coming out, soon we will run out of what to call these altcoins Smiley
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:12:21 AM

Its targeted at the vegan community mainly. The aim is to build up the blockchain within the vegan community before releasing it to outsiders. The ninja launch not unintentional.

Instructions on how to use the client are given here:

https://veggiecoin.wordpress.com/introducing-voin/

The github repository will be up shortly.

Sorry mate, but Muddafudda is right. No one should touch such a new coin from an unknown source even with a ten feet pole. Such adventures are something for brave people Smiley.
sextian (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:02:40 PM

It was announced a few days ago, skimmed through it and it seems like just another coin we have had almost every name variation coming out, soon we will run out of what to call these altcoins Smiley

The innovation is in the way in which transactions are confirmed. How to make it a 'vegan' coin without policing every transaction? How do you know someone isn't buying KFC??

Imagine you are entering a condo. The guard knows all the people who live there. If he doesn't know you he stops you. However if you enter accompanied by one of the existing tenants he lets you in and every time he sees you again he lets you in even if you are on your own.

This is one way to create a vegan coin - or any other niche coin. Build up a blockchain of transactions that you are sure are for vegan purchases. Then once it has reached a certain size the blockchain is parsed and the transaction is only confirmed  if the public address is contained in the blockchain. The existing users of the coin are in effect vouching that the transaction is valid. This would be done after the hash has been found, and would add an additional layer of security although increase the work needed to create the new block.

g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:25:56 PM

You're not alone. I know that feel bro
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:33:40 PM

You're not alone. I know that feel bro
vion?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: