Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:10:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Index] First tradable cryptocurrency market Index.  (Read 5786 times)
sasha35625 (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:31:21 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 05:52:46 PM by sasha35625

Coinoindex reflects the average price of top 20 cryptocurrencies relative to Bitcoin price. This is an analogue of Dow-Jones index applied to cryptocurrencies.

Coinoindex is the "average temperature" of alternative cryptocurrency market.  It seems very probable that altcoins will take more market share from Bitcoin in near future, so the Index value should grow.

Yes, you can invest in it using NXT Asset Exchange and Poloniex exchange: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_index

Altcoins markets are very volatile, you can win a lot by picking the right coin but you can lose a lot too. Coinoindex project enables you to diversify your investment, and have a return which is comparable to return you get investing in successful stocks. You don't invest in a certain coin when you trade Index, you invest in altcoin marketitself.

You can invest in the Index the same way you can invest in a mutual Index fund. Besides Poloniex exchange you can do it at Distributed Distributed NXT Asset Exchange or at SecureAE for BTC.

• Top twenty largest by capitalization alternative cryptocurrencies are selected. The trading volume for each one of them should exceed $1,000 each day during the last 14 days. The coin should be traded at at least three exchanges. Also "pegged" cryptocurrencies (which track the value of USD or CNY) are not taken into account. Index value tracks the change in price of the portfolio composed of the selected cryptocurrencies. Each currency has the same weight in the overall portfolio.
  • Pump-and-Dump rule: Coins which enter the top 20 with 300% and more price growth during two previous weeks are included in the Index. But a stop-loss order is set at the enry price in order to limit the downside price movement risk.
  • The initial Index value is 1000. Current Index value is re-calculated every minute using cryptocurrencies price updates.
  • The portfolio is updated once a week, based on the current market capitalization.
  • Related NXT asset is fully backed by portfolio cryptocurrencies. Escrow is provided by Poloniex.com staff.

Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin
Bitcoindark
BitShares
Monacoin
Primecoin
Namecoin
Peercoin
Startcoin
Stellar
Digitalnote
Vertcoin
Counterparty
Monero
Ripple

rocoloko

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:47:50 AM

Is this coin?

If not, How can i hold my investment safely? (hope not just on Poloniex)

What is the distribution model? (who owns all shares now?)

btw interesting concept

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
2bacco

Activity: 196

The Smoker Friendly Coin 2BACCO

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 10:06:11 AM

The Current Composition, has 7 coins in it, repeated:

1- Litecoin
2- Dash
3- NXT
4- Dogecoin
5- Mintcoin
6- Bytecoin
7- BlackCoin

(and those 7 then repeat twice below? but the start of your post says there will be 20 coins?)

Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin
Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin

2BACCO Coin |  Main Thread At Bitcointalk.org |  Crowdfunding | Upgrading to POS | Add 2bacco To Mining Pools | Mine 2bacco |
2BACCO.COM | 2BACCO CROWDFUNDING | Twitter for @2bacco_2bacco | Facebook 2bacco coin page                                                                I Look Forwards To Buying My Cigarettes With 2bacco coin
Odd Thomas

Activity: 272
Merit: 310

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:23:13 AM

Was an error in the OP. There are 20 coins listed here http://coinoindex.com/

Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin
Bitcoindark
BitShares
Monacoin
Primecoin
Namecoin
Peercoin
Startcoin
Stellar
Digitalnote
Vertcoin
Counterparty
Monero
Ripple

Good choices and this is a long overdue thing.
InceptionCoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:54:07 AM

So, CoinoIndex is coin-backed meta-asset: each Index is actually X Litecoin, Y Dash, Z NXT and so on. It's good idea, but we need guarantees:
1) please provide asset page where i can find number of tokens already in circulation
2) please provide more info on index, make it transparent how much Litecoin, Dash, NXT ... contained in one INDEX
3) please provide proofs from poloniex that they have this coins controlled. 2-of-2 multysig (one from you and one from poloniex) with statement from poloniex that they controll second privkey will be best.
4) Who control the NXT asset? We need guarantees that you cant just create zillion asset tokens without backed funds and dump it to the market.

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:02:34 PM

Is this coin?

If not, How can i hold my investment safely? (hope not just on Poloniex)

What is the distribution model? (who owns all shares now?)

btw interesting concept

It is an asset, that is a blockchain token. You can hold it 100% secure by storing it in your NXT client (provided you take good care of your password of course)

Most of the shares are in escrow provided by Poloniex staff.

sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:05:23 PM

1- Litecoin
2- Dash
3- NXT
4- Dogecoin
5- Mintcoin
6- Bytecoin
7- BlackCoin

(and those 7 then repeat twice below? but the start of your post says there will be 20 coins?)

Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin
Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin
Apologies. Fixed now.

sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:15:18 PM

So, CoinoIndex is coin-backed meta-asset: each Index is actually X Litecoin, Y Dash, Z NXT and so on. It's good idea, but we need guarantees:
1) please provide asset page where i can find number of tokens already in circulation
2) please provide more info on index, make it transparent how much Litecoin, Dash, NXT ... contained in one INDEX
3) please provide proofs from poloniex that they have this coins controlled. 2-of-2 multysig (one from you and one from poloniex) with statement from poloniex that they controll second privkey will be best.
4) Who control the NXT asset? We need guarantees that you cant just create zillion asset tokens without backed funds and dump it to the market.
Please check coinmarketcap listing: http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/coinoindex/
Coins are held in equal proportions now. As for the proof of reserve - currently Poloniex is working on public API call which will provide the coin balances in our account.  Eventually we will move to a transparent cryptographic proof of reserve.
Most of the issue is escrowed. All asset moves are transparent, so investors can control the total outstanding asset amount.

sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:17:04 PM

It is chosen according to current trading volumes and coinmarketcap, the idea is to make the choice completely transparent

Was an error in the OP. There are 20 coins listed here http://coinoindex.com/

Litecoin
Dash
NXT
Dogecoin
Mintcoin
Bytecoin
BlackCoin
Bitcoindark
BitShares
Monacoin
Primecoin
Namecoin
Peercoin
Startcoin
Stellar
Digitalnote
Vertcoin
Counterparty
Monero
Ripple

Good choices and this is a long overdue thing.

sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:20:45 PM

Ethereum and GameCredits are the new entries this week

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:27:18 PM

do you have YOVI coin ?

I have pretty much Yovi coin, but it is very difficult to find a buyer in exchange only .. very unlucky
marcos19

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:49:36 PM

Ethereum and GameCredits are the new entries this week

I would like to know more details about the price levels of each and every buy.

Furthermore some details when exactly the top 20 is refreshed.

Basically I want every transaction transparent and open to the public.
fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:11:01 PM

Why such a big difference between the real price and the indicated on the site?
0.45BTC and 1.099BTC?
fitinplace

Activity: 213

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:02:53 AM

Will you add Triangles?  triangles.technology

ty for your consideration  Smiley
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:42:17 AM

coinoindex is an investment that combines 20 coins crypto currency? I just know that if true
sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:24:22 PM

Yes, exactly. This is top 20 coins combined in one.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:06:29 PM

Okay, three questions: Does it mean that it is like an ETF (exchange traded fund)? If so, are the coins of the index replicated only or do you really own the coins? Last but not least, are the coin weighted equally?
sasha35625 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:28:29 PM

Okay, three questions: Does it mean that it is like an ETF (exchange traded fund)? If so, are the coins of the index replicated only or do you really own the coins? Last but not least, are the coin weighted equally?
yes, this is ETF for cryptocurrencies, exactly. So the index is backed by real coins, which enter the index equally at the index launch, each one had 5% share. Then their price fluctuates, so a coin can have weigh more or less than average. Also if a coin drops from top 20 it is sold and a new coin is bought.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:21:40 AM

Sounds great! i had the same idea some time ago.
i would weight the coins based on their volatility. Coins with less volatility should be weighted more. That would be the ETF more stability in a instability cryptocurrency world  Cool

yes, this is ETF for cryptocurrencies, exactly. So the index is backed by real coins, which enter the index equally at the index launch, each one had 5% share. Then their price fluctuates, so a coin can have weigh more or less than average. Also if a coin drops from top 20 it is sold and a new coin is bought.
marcos19

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:12:36 AM

Why such a big difference between the real price and the indicated on the site?
0.45BTC and 1.099BTC?
https://i.imgur.com/amdoXI8.png

I would like to know the same.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: