Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:19:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wealth boring?  (Read 7284 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:46:11 PM

Honestly, I find being wealthy exciting (at least for me) because I can do all the things that I never did when I don't have the funds to support those. Also, given that I have the money to spend on different things, I would probably research on different things like finding a feasible energy sources apart from burning fossil fuels and whatnot--basically research on things that would help this planet and Mankind to exist for a longer period of time.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:53:14 PM

I am also not rich but have some friends they all never been bore because they can do any thing which they want to do so I believe Wealth is not boring if you are searching for new ways
Epileptic_Neurosurgeon

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:59:13 PM

I'd buy a mountain goat and ride it.  Cool
b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:18:00 PM

If i have a lot of money and wealth, what i want to do is i want to build an artificial island on the international waters, and i will build tbe infrastructures on my island such as a Bank, a factory, a Mall and other economical infrastructure and then i will declare my own island as a sovereign micro nation and start to accept people from around the world as my citizens and then declare my self as a king and start to develope my country as an absolute monarchy
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:43:42 PM

Only boring people are boring.  It is very rare that I've ever found myself being bored.  There are just too many things to get into nowadays so it's really easy to stay amused.  Or, at least for me it is.  But this is more of those, "what would you do if..." threads.  So if I had unlimited wealth or just didn't have to worry about money, I'd probably travel more, and spend more time exercising and studying things like math and computer science.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:39:16 PM

i think it depends most of all on how much wealth you have. if you are filthy rich beyond imagination it can get boring in long time, that is why there are bored millionaires seeking weird kinds of thrills just to keep themselves from getting too bored!

No Dear. Wealth can never be boring. If you have wealth you will be feeling of having more and you will never stop earning wealth. Everyone wants to be rich and everyone keeps on trying to multiply their wealth and that is only possible by continuous effort more you get more you want. But Boring??  I Don't think so.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:40:52 PM

Poverty is even more boring.

Nowhere to go, no money to spend. Constant worrying about paying bills.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:41:38 PM

Yes, now let me get back to my counting. Twelve billion and one, twelve billion and two.... Smiley
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:44:23 PM

I mean, if you have a lot of capital, the amount of existential press diminishes, right? So you are fully entitled to sit in a meadow and meditate though the rest of your life. What else would you want to do?

I would open a spiritual newage healing clinic if I wanted to do something more.

There is a term in economics called the law of diminishing returns which is applicable to this situation.

The more money you have, the less you appreciate money. This is why one needs to find a way to always stay hungry.
Personally, I m the happiest when I move from point A to point B. Once I reach B, I must immediately set a new goal for myself.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:59:13 PM

Only boring people are boring.  It is very rare that I've ever found myself being bored.  There are just too many things to get into nowadays so it's really easy to stay amused.  Or, at least for me it is.  But this is more of those, "what would you do if..." threads.  So if I had unlimited wealth or just didn't have to worry about money, I'd probably travel more, and spend more time exercising and studying things like math and computer science.

You are completely right, boring people will try others to make for them self boring. Dont make to your self complex things, chill Smiley
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:09:45 PM

It really depends a lot on what your personal interests are.

I have friends who wouldn't blink an eye if a Ferrari drove by, their excitement comes from being outside, connecting with nature/themselves, doing a lot of hiking/camping, etc.  If this is like you, then wealth may be boring/uninteresting.

I agree with you though, someone could be bored with a small amount of money, and be just as bored/boring with a lot of wealth.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:20:05 PM

I mean, if you have a lot of capital, the amount of existential press diminishes, right? So you are fully entitled to sit in a meadow and meditate though the rest of your life. What else would you want to do?

I would open a spiritual newage healing clinic if I wanted to do something more.

There is a point of diminshing returns where more millions doesn't bring you more happiness.
Talk to me when you get to that point.  Smiley

minernoob1

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:40:08 PM

MBN

Wish I had enough money to make me bored with it.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:09:06 PM

Poverty is even more boring.

Nowhere to go, no money to spend. Constant worrying about paying bills.

So it is better to start earning good so that situation never arise in future  Grin

Working Smart rather then Working hard would be the smarter move to get more wealthy in future and If you are wealthy there are many fun options available for you to spend time even after getting retired. So being wealthy is  a best thing to have and I cannot be boring for sure  Wink
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:33:53 PM

wealth is boring. Everyday you're in relatively safety and security, knowing you will not starve today or tomorrow or next week. you'll have good food, good clothes, good shelter.

On the other hand, poverty is exciting. You never know if you can have food on the table the next day. Or even today. How will you feed your children? How will you provide them with shelter? You have to think creatively everyday, living on the edge.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:19:48 AM

wealth is boring. Everyday you're in relatively safety and security, knowing you will not starve today or tomorrow or next week. you'll have good food, good clothes, good shelter.

On the other hand, poverty is exciting. You never know if you can have food on the table the next day. Or even today. How will you feed your children? How will you provide them with shelter? You have to think creatively everyday, living on the edge.

Very True. If you are poor you will keep on finding alternative ways to earn and you will work more harder as compared to the rich person. As rich person knows that even If he doesn't work today it won't make any difference to him or his family. But being poor is more challenging and more challenging is to survive in this expensive world.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:06:31 AM

The  amount of money you have decides the way you live. There is never enough for earning money, because the pursuit is changing. Maybe just when you got diseases that is hard to be cured, then you could realize that there are more things that is deserved to do rather than earning money. However, you could pursue ideals while earning money,and find the best way for you to balance the life and career. Sometimes, when you own enough money, there would be something that prevent you to stop engaging the industry but not only for money such as obligations, responsibilities and so on.
minernoob1

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:10:10 AM

I can't afford to be bored  Shocked Roll Eyes Cool Cool Cool
Roaus

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:15:11 AM

Well, boring? probably. but it depends on the amounts you're dealing with.
Few millions aren't boring, but billions, hooah. you will get bored quickly. yeah, you will have a private jet and maybe an island but nothing to do with the rest.
After all, you're still nothing but flesh and bones, and I think that billionaires forget that sometimes.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:43:01 AM

Well, boring? probably. but it depends on the amounts you're dealing with.
Few millions aren't boring, but billions, hooah. you will get bored quickly. yeah, you will have a private jet and maybe an island but nothing to do with the rest.
After all, you're still nothing but flesh and bones, and I think that billionaires forget that sometimes.
Nope. Life is boring when you're a deca or low hectamillionaire. Once you get to the billion point, life gets exciting again.

You gotta watch out for assassination attempts, kidnapping attempts, being a target for the mafia... etc etc etc. The there are the people who want to take away your power for themselves so they may try to frame you for doing crimes, and stuff like that. You'll have a lot to worry about every day.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: