Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:16:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wealth boring?  (Read 7287 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:28:38 PM

I have considered outright crime for financial gain, thanks for the suggestion. Probably cooking or growing drugs would be most lucrative, as opposed to violent crime, as was suggested. And aside from the moral objections I'd have to that, I've seen the inside of a prison - it is better out here, even if you do live in destitute conditions. Though you're probably right that the basic quality of life of some prisoners in terms of things like nutrition and health care would be better than my own. Still, I am not particularly interested in doing anything to be locked up and trade what "freedom" I have for physical needs being better met.

Also, a basic community college or state college education doesn't automatically result in a well payed job. I have actually attended college, thanks only to a full scholarship as a result of near perfect standardized testing scores (yup, I'm not dumb, just financially fucked), and got 2 degrees in 4 years (most people do 1 in that time) - useless to get a decent job with as it turns out, what a total waste of time and effort that was in the corrupt nepotistic wasteland of the american job market. In the decade since those degrees have gotten me precisely 0 "career level" "good jobs" that payed greater than single digit $s per hour. Being smart, even genius level, or having an education, even being willing to work hard means nothing if you have no capital resources to live off of build off of and exploit others with. Such is life under a system of abuse and exploitation (capitalism). Simply trying to survive with what little money you can scrape together working yourself to exhaustion from birth to death is what most of us get.

You're god damned right I've got a negative mindset - I'm poor and live in america. You'd have a negative mindset too if you were smart and worked hard your whole life and still had fuck all to show for it. I try not to think about winner loser dichotomy, too depressing, but yeah I don't know what else you'd call it trying trying trying and failing to succeed in any meaningful way. There is a difference between relative deprivation and being financially 1 step ahead of the homeless and people in prison. I appreciate the advice to try and enjoy free activities - I do like backpacking and camping, when I've been able to do so, but live in a desert state that's hot as balls all of the time and so rarely partake in any outdoor activities and definitely no sports of any kind.

The notion that being wealthy would be boring is offensive.

Umm....put some bitcoins in cold storage.  In 20 years you'll retire rich hopefully.  Kiss

But when that happens, you better not complain you're bored.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:32:06 PM

Large amounts of money make people lose that generous, kind, caring part of their personality. The people who give the most are those who have the least. People who do not have much ate much more real.

Yes a poorer guy would be more helpful then that of the richer guy. The poor person understands the emotions of others as he has gone through the same phase.

Comparatively rich people don't have respect for the poor and they don't treat them as they should be treated. It is better to be poor and helpful rather to be a rich and useless  Wink

That is the norms of this society nowadays. Sadly, as a man grow richer and richer, the gap between himself and the poor is widening. I've always wondered why people who have less tends to give more, and the people who have more tends to give less, when theoretically, the people who have more should give more simply because they have the resources to give.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:39:41 PM

If you get bored because of it then you probably didn't do much to get that wealth. If you earned it then you won't sit around. You would have so many ideas you could put in motion that you don't even get the idea of life being boring.

Nah, i prefer being rich with a stable income each month.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:00:11 PM

If you get bored because of it then you probably didn't do much to get that wealth. If you earned it then you won't sit around. You would have so many ideas you could put in motion that you don't even get the idea of life being boring.

Nah, i prefer being rich with a stable income each month.

Well i dont know why people get bored by wealth, why should be in depress by wealth.
You should be happy with that
bachlovesstories

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:31:48 PM

Money only solves your money problems. It doesn't solve your life problems. When you have enough money for your life, new kind of problems starts to poppin around you. I ain't seen a millionaire living without problems.

this is what poor people say to satisfy themselves and don't get depressed about their full of problems lives.

it is true that money does not solve all your problems and millionaires have many problems but without money you will have 100X of those problems :/

That is a somewhat absurd statement, poor people do not always have problems.

You can be poor, but be wise with money and have little problems in life.

The key if you are low income is avoiding debt.  Obviously expensive hobbies like sports cars, worldwide travel, etc will be out of the question, but its more a question of personal habits and your general outlook.

I know poor people who have no "problems" due to their income alone.

I think your statement is somewhat absurd. It is impossible a person can live without a problem. There has to be a problem otherwise there is no meaning of life. Problems make our life beatiful and only stupid and measurable people live in debt.
I E

Activity: 62

💎 💎 💎 💎 💎

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:32:52 PM

The most important thing is that you do something that you love to do.

Let me know if you want to earn BTC.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:27:13 PM

That won't be understood by most people here. Everyone here has a greed based mindset. A self-actualization mindset is lost on them.

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:37:15 PM

That won't be understood by most people here. Everyone here has a greed based mindset. A self-actualization mindset is lost on them.

I wouldn't say everyone.  How about a 40 year old African in the middle of nowhere, Martin Luther, or hundreds of others one should come up with?  Sure, they may have had a handful of greedy thoughts in their life but they didn't act on it.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:07:13 PM

I wouldn't say everyone.  How about a 40 year old African in the middle of nowhere, Martin Luther, or hundreds of others one should come up with?  Sure, they may have had a handful of greedy thoughts in their life but they didn't act on it.

Ok, 90% of the people here.

foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:26:52 PM

depends on what you do and what you enjoy, but having money opens doors, the more money you have the more opportunity you have for interesting experiences.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:48:07 PM

I mean, if you have a lot of capital, the amount of existential press diminishes, right? So you are fully entitled to sit in a meadow and meditate though the rest of your life. What else would you want to do?

I would open a spiritual newage healing clinic if I wanted to do something more.

You can do that with no money. The issue is how long you want to live before food runs out or how set you need to be. Was listening to two people on disability talking recently and they get by on $920 a month. So you could meditate all day and still eat and have a roof over your head.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:53:43 PM

I mean, if you have a lot of capital, the amount of existential press diminishes, right? So you are fully entitled to sit in a meadow and meditate though the rest of your life. What else would you want to do?

I would open a spiritual newage healing clinic if I wanted to do something more.

You can do that with no money. The issue is how long you want to live before food runs out or how set you need to be. Was listening to two people on disability talking recently and they get by on $920 a month. So you could meditate all day and still eat and have a roof over your head.

Nope. With no money, I will be worried sick about the future.
If I had lots of money, with a steady flow to ensure that my basic needs are taken care of, then I will start thinking of what I really want to do.
josephno1

Activity: 140

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:06:02 AM

Having wealth is one thing less to worry about. I don't see how wealth could be boring, especially if you don't have a job to worry about or spend time. I mean you could travel

master sato

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:54:15 AM

Your life is not how much money you have. It is how engaged you are in it.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:07:03 AM

i think its boring as long as you're spend your money and your wealth for something like bulshit most of them (wealth people) did not happy with their money and their wealth even go to the suicide. but its depend on you how you're gratefull and feel blessed.
For me the boring moment when you have jet plane,lamborghini or ferarri but you are not with them,the people you loved
Dire

Activity: 112

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:01:14 AM

As others have said, it's more about doing something you love while earning that wealth. Otherwise it's like climbing a ladder thinking things are super-exciting once you get to the top, but you never get to the top to get that feeling, long before that, you fall off the ladder and die without ever having allowed yourself that peak experience of contentment.

I say try to pick the most interesting ladder that you can, that way you can just keep doing what you're doing as you go along. Then it's not about the wealth, more the quality of life experience.

Well it depends on the situation or on the person
Actually i onced asked a rich guy (my classmate in college) before if is it fun being wealthy.
He said at first it is but as he grew older, he's getting tired of it and he wanted to try something born rich people didn't experienced (being poor ) so he hang out with me (yes, i'm a poor guy) and showed him our(poor people) world. He said it was hard but it was fun and he really admire me on how i can survive on that situation

Lol. Man. That's a touch insulting. Having been born poor myself, I think I would have taken him to the worst areas I know and left him there at 3am in the morning and told him to enjoy himself. When your poverty is another persons 'rich' experience, you should start charging for the ride.

Put an ad somewhere:

'Rich and bored? Come experience the shit life with me! I'll take you lower than you've ever been before, and show you things that'll turn your nose up like you wouldn't believe. Just 4 BTC a day. McDonalds meals not included. Bring your own pack lunch, but not salmon sandwiches, or we'll end up getting the crap kicked out of us both due to your culinary faux-pas while were traversing the post-apocalyptic wasteland called 'The Projects.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM

laugh

sign me up. send me the link to the registration page. and if I don't get pick-pocketed and headbutted I will be very dissapointed  Cheesy

Getting pick-pocketed and headbutted is part of the silver package. If you wish to upgrade from the bronze package, then I'm sure we can accommodate you. Our gold package will leave you drunk and toothless and sleeping rough for a couple of nights, with the added bonus that we'll let you think you've really lost everything, giving you the full authentic experience.

Understandably, the gold package costs more at 20BTC. No refunds... because no one gives you a refund for being born into a crap life on the streets. Wink
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:27:48 AM

I think its boring because every people mind set is "money is never enough"

But on the otherside it depends on the situation. If you're single I think you'll feel bored. But if you're merried you'll have a spirit to "earn a lot of money" because of your child/wife  Grin
icedemon

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:27:31 PM

You never "have enough" of money. You are always greedy for more. For example see the wealthiest people- do they seem like they're not trying to earn more money?

People aren't always greedy for more. Wealthy people just put there money some where that makes more money, cause they have to do something with it. You can put only so much money in the bank before you have to start putting it into something the preferable makes money. Doesn't make that person greedy. I found at $20k/monthly I was making more money then I needed. Anything that I had made over $20k, I put into stocks or some other investment. A lot of times, I just gave away some of the extra money to friends that needed help with rent or a car payment/repair. I have a friend that makes $3million/monthly. He buys properties and other investments. Not because he wants more money, but because he needs to put that extra money some where.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:00:39 PM

The problem here is nobody is satisfied with what they have. We all want more and more. In the end we are never happy. If you want to be happy...learn to be satisfied with what you have.
peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:17:27 PM

Nope. With no money, I will be worried sick about the future.

Exactly. Having no money can be REALLY stressing. Having to fear what will happen in the future can bring up some serious existencial fears.

Having enough money might bring up other fears. Like how to keep that money. But generally a sane person can live better with money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: