Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In 10 Years: 42 Predictions in Cryptography, Blockchains and Consensus Protocols  (Read 563 times)
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:40:28 PM

Hello,

First of all, I changed the article subject to fit in the thread subject box.

Original article name "The Next 10 Years: 42 Macro Predictions in Cryptography, Blockchains and Consensus Protocols" By "William Mougayar"

http://startupmanagement.org/2015/06/06/the-next-10-years-42-macro-predictions-in-cryptography-blockchains-and-consensus-protocols/

Credits for "targetpro @ reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/"

What do you think about the predications ?

I see that they are realistic enough to be achieved.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:47:57 PM

Hello,

Original article name "The Next 10 Years: 42 Macro Predictions in Cryptography, Blockchains and Consensus Protocols" By "William Mougayar"

http://startupmanagement.org/2015/06/06/the-next-10-years-42-macro-predictions-in-cryptography-blockchains-and-consensus-protocols/

"Decentralized consensus protocols will become a common part of any technology stack implementations, both in public and private settings."

I think this is key. More and more business with go the decentralized route. Just look at what we saw recently with Ashley Madison, millions and millions on the line because of the stupid idea of having to store people's data due the centralized nature of their technologies. If they used the bitcoin blockchain, all of those people will be safe and the business would be safe from blackmail as well.
Bitcoin is the future,  and we are all on the winning boat. Simple as that.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:55:20 PM

Hello,

"Decentralized consensus protocols will become a common part of any technology stack implementations, both in public and private settings."

I think this is key. More and more business with go the decentralized route. Just look at what we saw recently with Ashley Madison, millions and millions on the line because of the stupid idea of having to store people's data due the centralized nature of their technologies. If they used the bitcoin blockchain, all of those people will be safe and the business would be safe from blackmail as well.
Bitcoin is the future,  and we are all on the winning boat. Simple as that.

This !

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:46:26 PM

I don't really get his prediction about there being 10 cryptocurrencies that rule the world. They'd either have to fulfill very different functions or be pegged to national currencies somehow to support so many.

There's only one internet. There's likely to be only one currency that lords over all others that it's used on.

I'm sure there'll be thousands and more by that point but they'll face the same challenges that alts have now. Why would I accept one of them when I could have the real deal? Exchanging crypto takes very little time. People would constantly be changing into the daddy.

You could offer me Rapecoin for photos of my arse. I'd tell you to go away and come back when you're packing BTC.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:50:59 PM

I don't really get his prediction about there being 10 cryptocurrencies that rule the world. They'd either have to fulfill very different functions or be tied to national currencies somehow to support so many.

There's only one internet. There's likely to be only one currency that lords over all others that it's used on.

I'm sure there'll be thousands and more by that point but they'll face the same challenges that alts have now. Why would I accept one of them when I could have the real deal? Exchanging crypto takes very little time. People would constantly be changing into the daddy.

You could offer me Rapecoin for photos of my arse. I'd tell you to go away and come back when you're packing BTC.

I thought about this as well.

Even I don't see the nessacitiy to have 2 cryptocoins, as I see no use for LTC tbh.

But what do you think about that market cap, realisitc ?

thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:04:48 PM

I don't really get his prediction about there being 10 cryptocurrencies that rule the world. They'd either have to fulfill very different functions or be tied to national currencies somehow to support so many.

I thought about this as well.

Even I don't see the nessacitiy to have 2 cryptocoins, as I see no use for LTC tbh.

But what do you think about that market cap, realisitc ?

you need security of another blockchain as a backup
also think of forex like people when they discover the bitcoin ecosystem, the best speculation tool so far discovered by mankind
then you have anonymity coins, bitcoin will not be anonymous ever and black markets are quite big although tax avoidance and privacy is perhaps a bigger market
meta tokens like counterparty working on bitcoin blockchain or again for diversification and other reasons tokens like ether with their own chain handling transactions
decentralized internet like maid - that's another use
centralized approaches like ripple and stellar could have a merit
if you think cost, all these options could have a cheaper although less secure alternative

i am sure my list is not complete so when you think about it again - 10 altcoins and these meta tokens could amount to a sizable chunk of bitcoin or perhaps (and very possibly) altogether surpass the value of the bitcoin marketcap.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: