Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:19:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Crypto General Discussion  (Read 4375 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:31:03 PM

Trying to get my head around, what happens to perceived value of Casascius coins if XT eventually gets its 75% miner adoption.
I guess Casascius coins will be the least, crypto has to worry about.  Undecided 
If it achieves its 75%, then that switches to the new core, and the coins are worth nothing less than they are today.  XT is a set of enhancements to core just like QT was/is. The blockchain continues, your coins stay the same, and life goes on. 

Now let's not derail this into a discussion about XT.  There's enough of that over in the "Discussion" sub forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheAnalogKid

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:32:19 PM

I think that we need a section on the forum for the physical coins,  can we maKe a pool? Or a formal request?
I started a thread with a poll over in the Meta sub forum for that.  Can't find it at the moment where I am but if you go look there please feel free to bump it up and add to the discussion.  Maybe someday someone with mod power will take notice and create it for us. 

monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:59:33 PM

I think that we need a section on the forum for the physical coins,  can we maKe a pool? Or a formal request?
I started a thread with a poll over in the Meta sub forum for that.  Can't find it at the moment where I am but if you go look there please feel free to bump it up and add to the discussion.  Maybe someday someone with mod power will take notice and create it for us.  

This was the thread for the poll

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1095046.0

More pollsters would be a good thing ....
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:00:57 PM

I think that we need a section on the forum for the physical coins,  can we maKe a pool? Or a formal request?

I agree. It could be split into manufacturers of coin....ie Casascius section.
It would be nice to have the info on the makers in their own section, rather than searching the web for it.
I think there is a thread that has many of the major makers listed and their websites.
i will try to find link.

Gross, no fuckin way. You'd have a thousand noobs clamoring for their own subsection just because they queefed out a bunch of stickered rounds.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:21:20 AM

I agree. It could be split into manufacturers of coin....ie Casascius section.
It would be nice to have the info on the makers in their own section, rather than searching the web for it.
I think there is a thread that has many of the major makers listed and their websites.
i will try to find link.

the addition of the section would result in a beautiful  cleaning of the  market topics , making research more 'easy,the 80% of the ads in goods  regards physical bitcoin

matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:37:20 PM

How can one be sure the manufacturer didn't copy the private key and cashes in unused coins after some time?
TheAnalogKid

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:43:30 PM

How can one be sure the manufacturer didn't copy the private key and cashes in unused coins after some time?
You can't unless you were there to witness the destruction of all the keys and any media they were stored on.  This is where trustworthiness comes into play, and you have to believe and trust in those who made the coins that they did what they say they did.
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:58:00 PM

You can't unless you were there to witness the destruction of all the keys and any media they were stored on.  This is where trustworthiness comes into play, and you have to believe and trust in those who made the coins that they did what they say they did.

Plus, having the private keys to millions of dollars worth of BTC in your possession is a great way to get kidnapped.

But still, I guarantee there's at least a couple of physical crypto vendors out there who have a copy of every private key they've ever generated.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: