Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tapatalk support  (Read 1342 times)
errornone (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:08:03 PM

Hi, why this forum dont have tapatalk support or an app?

We are in 2015 god! This is the only forum i visit that dont support mobile versions of it (app or taptalk).

Is there any plausible reason for this?

Thank you

error
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:12:30 PM

Because tapatalk sucks ass. It does that annoying popup every time you visit the forum through the browser on your phone (does it still do that?). Besides why even have an app? what do you need to do that you couldn't do with a web browser? not a whole lot really, if you want you can pin bitcointalk.org to your launcher so that it has it's own icon and it would essentially be the same thing as a dedicated app.

There is new forum software in development for bitcointalk which will be more mobile friendly than what we've got now. I don't think there are many good options for mobile friendly themes etc for this old version of SMF. I think we'll have to wait for the new forum software.

LouisVuitton
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Louis Vuitton

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:49:23 PM

I think the forum is already mobile friendly, the theme seems to work just fine on all of my phones, there is really no need for Tapatalk in my eyes.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:06:36 PM

We are in 2015 god! This is the only forum i visit that dont support mobile versions of it (app or taptalk).

Thank you

I dont think tapatalk is very secure. There are more pressing issues the site needs to deal with first
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:08:11 AM

Thank you

There is an unofficial app for android device   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.elbandi.forum.bitcointalk&hl=it, seems legit  i have tested it, but i find more confortable and easy to reach the forum directly from the website

fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:19:26 AM

I want tapatalk or an android app as well. :/
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:22:44 AM

Thank you

There is an unofficial app for android device   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.elbandi.forum.bitcointalk&hl=it, seems legit  i have tested it, but i find more confortable and easy to reach the forum directly from the website

This android app has some performance issues when I am scrolling.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 04:25:03 AM

You can browse using Chrome. I've been using it since day 1 when I started using a tablet and I did not encounter any problem so far. Only good thing with using tapatalk I think is you'll never see those signature's.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:32:47 AM

Using tapaalk is never friendly to me. I like browsing the forum using a mobile browser rather than having an app for it. If you guys want tapatalk features then use other forums. This one is better with what it has now.
Bugf1x

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:34:59 AM

I think it's a great idea. It's way faster to use than in the browser on my phone, because you don't have to scroll and move around the page the whole time. And because this is a SMF forum, it wouldn't be hard to implement.
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:21:07 AM

Why do you need tapatalk support when you have google chrome support? Just use chrome and get over it.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║