Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nvidia anti aliasing issue - mining caused?  (Read 1018 times)
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:43:01 PM

so, i have two video cards in my pc. and amd 6870 i run full time mining, and my nvidia 560 i use for everything else and mine on when i'm sleeping or otherwise not on the pc. no, i don't pay electricty and yes, i DO enjoy the extra heat. Cheesy

this morning, while i was playing a game on xbox for no more then an hour, the PC was mining away. no errors, crashes, nothing like that. but when i came back from the xbox and went about my day (facebook, email, etc) i nitced text was different- pictures too. it's a bit hard to describe. everything looks flattened, and is heavily aliased. not just 3d stuff in games, i mean everything. text, icons, pictures on facebook or human faces. desktop backgrounds, everything. i think the anti-aliasing somehow got disabled system wide, but i've changed no settings that would cause that.

i've uninstalled and reinstalled both nvidia and amd drivers. i've run a system restore to before the issue. i've ran an update of direct x. i've triple checked every setting i can think of in windows and nvidia control panel. on perhaps 3 or 4 occasions over the last couple of weeks, i've had system hardlocks when stoping the ufaminer i'm using on the nvidia card. this was while using beta version of the latest driver and hasn't happened since i updated to the full driver release, but who knows it's relevance.

any ideas what the heck is going on, or how to fix it, short of replacing the card? could the mining have caused it somehow?

i don't post much, but this space for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:28:42 AM

Enable cleartype again. Problem solved.

Or if this is extreme aliasing, like your pixels look like they're double in size, increase your resolution. My WFP3007 dell 30" LCD has 2 native resolutions. 2560x1600 and 1280x800. If I use 1280x800 or a smaller resolution, a pixel on the computer end will take up a 2x2 square of pixels on the monitor end.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:47:09 AM

tried cleartype, no go. i run at 1920 x 1080, the native resolution of this screen.

ended up reinstalling windows and all that. apprently that fixed it. *shrug*

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: