Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:44:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to bitcoin and eager to learn  (Read 1260 times)
Maxies (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:07:06 PM

Hello! Bitcoin sparked my interest a few weeks ago and I decided to give it a shot. I've been using some faucets for a while and made a deposit of 30 EUR to my coinbase wallet. I also have a blockchain wallet and an account at yobit.net. If someone could point me in the right direction of where to start that would be great!

I honestly don't have much experience with financial markets, trading etc but I'd like to learn. Is 0.1 Bitcoin too low to do anything with or what would be a suitable amount?

Regards Max
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:15:21 PM

Hello! Bitcoin sparked my interest a few weeks ago and I decided to give it a shot. I've been using some faucets for a while and made a deposit of 30 EUR to my coinbase wallet. I also have a blockchain wallet and an account at yobit.net. If someone could point me in the right direction of where to start that would be great!

I honestly don't have much experience with financial markets, trading etc but I'd like to learn. Is 0.1 Bitcoin too low to do anything with or what would be a suitable amount?

Regards Max

There is something you could do actually , we start with the first part since you new to bitcoin and want to learn ...
Never store your bitcoins on Blockchain.info or any other online wallet (same goes for Coinbase) or any exchange (including YoBit) . If you are using mostly PC then I suggest you to use Bitcoin core (if you don't want to download the 30 GB file then go with Electrum or Multibit HD) .  That's for storing your bitcoins .

Now for what comes to your 0.1 BTC , I usually don't recommend people to gamble because it's a loss if it was for winning then we would all do it .
I suggest you to look on the "Digital goods" section and buy Full Member account with high quality posts from reputable member around here . after doing that head to Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns and choose a good signature compaign . (Bit-x pays 0.008 BTC per constructive post) which means if you make 100 posts per week you could make 0.08 BTC per week . etc ... do the calculations and you will see .( Make sure to use an escrow when you trade on the forums  )
Feel free to ask further questions , we are here to help you out

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:37:34 PM

Welcome to the best Bitcoin community  Grin You should take a tour throughout the sticked thread to dive into the various Bitcoin topics. There are many ways to make mistakes especially at the beginning.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:52:08 PM

Regards Max

Hello and welcome to bitcointalk.org!

First off, you don't want to keep your own balance in an online wallet, do you? Get a wallet that suits your needs like Electrum, Multibit or Mycellium. Those wallets do not need to download the whole blockchain to function; these are lightweight wallets that are newbie-friendly and will help you familiarize yourself in buying/spending/receiving bitcoins.

As for trading, don't bother on trading yet. Better read the basics on trading first before you dive in to that aspect of bitcoin. 0.1 isn't a low amount in trading. Honestly, you can start off with even 0.005 if you want to. Don't go all-in unless you know what you're really doing.

Good luck!
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:54:06 PM

If you don't have a large amount of the bitcoin then you can use any online web wallet, there are many choices.
If not then you have some suggestion above
Maxies (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:09:35 PM

Regards Max

There is something you could do actually , we start with the first part since you new to bitcoin and want to learn ...
Never store your bitcoins on Blockchain.info or any other online wallet (same goes for Coinbase) or any exchange (including YoBit) . If you are using mostly PC then I suggest you to use Bitcoin core (if you don't want to download the 30 GB file then go with Electrum or Multibit HD) .  That's for storing your bitcoins .

Now for what comes to your 0.1 BTC , I usually don't recommend people to gamble because it's a loss if it was for winning then we would all do it .
I suggest you to look on the "Digital goods" section and buy Full Member account with high quality posts from reputable member around here . after doing that head to Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns and choose a good signature compaign . (Bit-x pays 0.008 BTC per constructive post) which means if you make 100 posts per week you could make 0.08 BTC per week . etc ... do the calculations and you will see .( Make sure to use an escrow when you trade on the forums  )

Okay thanks. I downloaded Bitcoin core and it's synchronizing right now. I tried some gambling at https://primedice.com/play and from what I've seen and read by other users it seems like a fair site. I'm a bit hesitant about buying a full member account because 1. I barely have any experience with bitcoin and 2: I don't know anything about financial market/trading etc. I feel like I couldn't provide that much useful information, which make that seem like a questionable investment..
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:38:07 PM

Regards Max

Okay thanks. I downloaded Bitcoin core and it's synchronizing right now. I tried some gambling at https://primedice.com/play and from what I've seen and read by other users it seems like a fair site. I'm a bit hesitant about buying a full member account because 1. I barely have any experience with bitcoin and 2: I don't know anything about financial market/trading etc. I feel like I couldn't provide that much useful information, which make that seem like a questionable investment..

Alright it may take some time to synchronize with the network due to the huge amount of GB on the file as I said (all depends on your internet connection speed) .
PrimeDice is the oldest website on Bitcoin Gambling world and it's used by hundreds if not thousands of users daily . It is fair indeed but you knwo Gambling you can't predict of the results . either you win all either you lose all (which will most likely happen unless yo uknow when to stop) , for the Full Member account it depends on you really . If you think you can contribute on the community then go for it , otherwise ... you shouldn't . You could ask questions like you do now or sell goods & digital goods on the marketplace there is several sections (some signature compaign don't allow posting in some sections) but don't abuse otherwise you will get banned for spamming  , there is only helping section on bitcointalk .. there is other sections where you basically give your opinion about stuff and thoughts etc ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Maxies (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:03:11 PM

Regards Max

Alright it may take some time to synchronize with the network due to the huge amount of GB on the file as I said (all depends on your internet connection speed) .
PrimeDice is the oldest website on Bitcoin Gambling world and it's used by hundreds if not thousands of users daily . It is fair indeed but you knwo Gambling you can't predict of the results . either you win all either you lose all (which will most likely happen unless yo uknow when to stop) , for the Full Member account it depends on you really . If you think you can contribute on the community then go for it , otherwise ... you shouldn't . You could ask questions like you do now or sell goods & digital goods on the marketplace there is several sections (some signature compaign don't allow posting in some sections) but don't abuse otherwise you will get banned for spamming  , there is only helping section on bitcointalk .. there is other sections where you basically give your opinion about stuff and thoughts etc ...

Right.
I checked out the section of Bitcoin mining but I couldn't really get a good idea of what that ment. I googled it and read up on a couple of articles. If I get this right it's basically not worth the effort/electricity unless you buy some hardware designed specifically for mining purposes such as Spondoolies-Tech SP20 Jackson (one model I found which seems good). However, that being said, I thought I should check with you guys if it's a good idea to get into mining at all. Any hardware you recommend etc?
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 08:24:14 PM

Welcome! There's a lot of smart people here, so get lost int he different rooms and boards and enjoy learning as much as you care to. There are also a handful of idiots/jerks, when you come across them don't let them keep you aware from the forum.

Re; your question on BTC0.1...what do you want to do with it? It's certainly a great start.

Maxies (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:35:30 PM

Welcome! There's a lot of smart people here, so get lost int he different rooms and boards and enjoy learning as much as you care to. There are also a handful of idiots/jerks, when you come across them don't let them keep you aware from the forum.

Re; your question on BTC0.1...what do you want to do with it? It's certainly a great start.

Thanks! Of course I'd like to invest them into something that could hopefully grow. I may not know a lot about trading/financial markets but I know there isn't a realiable "get rich quick" idea. I guess I would prefer to invest into something more long-term. Is mining worth getting into? Or is that too ambitious?

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:39:23 PM

I'am not that famillliar with mining but last time I asked and I got a lot of answers ... so I will tell you what I know .. Mining isn't really profitable anymore , at least not like it was before . you will most likely pay for electricity more then you will earn unless you are looking for long term investement of course . Let's say BTC  1 now costs 280$ , in five years maybe it would costs 10k $ . you see how it works and how make it profitable ?

So it depends on several factors for the profit too (lets take off long term thing) , for me it's like 0.05$ / kw and I don't think most of the countries have the same rate , I have so cheap Electricity .
for miners I don't know a lot , check the thread I gave you , people gave a lot of useful informations . Most of peopl are using ANTMINER S3 - S4  - S5 etc. .. If you want something used and not new (works fine) check the Hardware section and you will find some people selling it . however those miners are nothing near 0.1 BTC AFAIK .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Maxies (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:49:05 PM

I'am not that famillliar with mining but last time I asked and I got a lot of answers ... so I will tell you what I know .. Mining isn't really profitable anymore , at least not like it was before . you will most likely pay for electricity more then you will earn unless you are looking for long term investement of course . Let's say BTC  1 now costs 280$ , in five years maybe it would costs 10k $ . you see how it works and how make it profitable ?

So it depends on several factors for the profit too (lets take off long term thing) , for me it's like 0.05$ / kw and I don't think most of the countries have the same rate , I have so cheap Electricity .
for miners I don't know a lot , check the thread I gave you , people gave a lot of useful informations . Most of peopl are using ANTMINER S3 - S4  - S5 etc. .. If you want something used and not new (works fine) check the Hardware section and you will find some people selling it . however those miners are nothing near 0.1 BTC AFAIK .

Yeah I looked at the prices ( 4-500 USD) on some site. That's a lot but I just wanted to check if it was even worth looking into. I could make an investment like that if it would be likely to pay off in the long run.
ChrisStewart5

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:53:55 PM

Regards Max

You should really take out an nlocktime transaction on your bitcoins as well to make sure you can redeem them in case something happens to your wallet.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:35:50 AM

starting with .1btc is already good, it only depends on how you manage it. you try lending because sometimes its a profitable business but also a competitive market coz  there are many lenders now or you can do altcoin trading it involves high risk, its like  a go bust or go rich scheme..
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

you can always just buy accounts in the digital goods section, even if its frowned upon.

and then go with starting on earn with btc with campaign signatures.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:46:39 AM

Yeah I looked at the prices ( 4-500 USD) on some site. That's a lot but I just wanted to check if it was even worth looking into. I could make an investment like that if it would be likely to pay off in the long run.

Be careful with cloud mining there are ALOT of scams out there sadly.  Ask questions if you are going to invest in one.

There are only two I consider legit.   If they sound to good to be true chances are they are.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 10663

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:44:33 AM

Regards Max

the best investment that someone can have with their bitcoin IMO is trading altcoin. and the good thing is that you can do it for even very small amounts for each trade. the minimum trade volume is usually either 10K or 50K satoshi
you can first start by watching the markets and look at the history of the coins , an visit the altcoin section to read about them and see which one have more people interested in it. and then make decisions .

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:31:28 AM

Regards Max

Welcome Max. Congrats for wallet you have chose. It is the best of the web based wallets (as was told to me by the others who have time with bitcoin). The best way to learn about bitcoin is to read to much and to do that what you self think.

I think 0.1 bitcoin is nothing to trade or to work for earning. Needed much more.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:40:11 AM

Regards Max

Welcom to the community Max Cheesy You may want to check to get started with the bitcointalk community:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549205.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549205.0

For your second question, it really depends upon what you want to spend your coins on? 0.1 Bitcoins = $27.7  ... Most of the things you do with $27.7 can be done with with 0.1 bitcoins.. well if you want to learn how bitcoin works dint use 0.1 Bitcoins.. use 0.002 because incase you send your coins to  a wrong address while testing how it works, your coins are lost forever.. Good luck Smiley

PS: I started with 0.001 BTC to learn how it works Smiley

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:33:28 PM

follow me, 0.01 is good enough to buy an account, like full member, with this account you can earn another 0.1 in two weeks or less if you are able to join a good campaign like bit-x

don't try to gamble or invest in risk assets, they are only good way to lose everything you have

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: