Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:10:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i want to create a fund to buy agricultural land in Romania  (Read 2853 times)
spy100 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 06:52:06 PM

Hi All

I was thinking of starting a fund to buy agricultural land in Romania

Prices now in Romania for agricultural land is around 1000 euros /  hectare (ha ) that's around 10000 square meters or around 2.47105381 acres

That is cheap compared to other european countries and i predict that the price will double or triple in  2-3 years .

Until we sell the land we can also rent it to other people to farm it .

I was thinking of making some sort of fund where anyone can join and we hire a manager to manage it for us ...

Anyone could join the fund with minimum investment of 1 btc or 250 usd or 250 euros etc.. ,and he/she is allowed to withdraw in 3 years after deposit ,else he pays withdraw fee.

Also anyone that joins the fund has a right to vote for manager selection ,land purchasing and selling etc..

For now it's just an idea,what do you guys think ?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Branny

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:00:40 PM

What is land renting for (Farmland) in the area?

What is the increase in land value over the past 5, 10, 20, 50 years?

Why will land prices in Romania suddenly explode?

What's the tax burden on land?

How is the legal structure for land ownership?
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:58:47 AM

those are questions that definitely need answering first... Also is OP Romanian?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:15:32 AM

Also, what guarantee do you plan to offer to your investors? We ve already had a huge theft related to your countryman, Chris, the owner of LTCgear. I don't think people would send money again without some form of collateral for their investment.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:43:24 AM

Investing in Romanian farmland sounds interesting. Doing it online via bitcoin sounds ... kinda dumb. If I wanted to invest in Romanian farmland I would only due so after moving to Romania for a while and researching where the possible deals are, and how I would manage them post purchase. Wouldn't involve you in any way Op ... and that is not personal. Just investment common sense ...
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:03:10 AM

I don't think the investors are patient enough to wait 2-3 years for the profits. You'd better lend it out! Can you tell us how much is the rent in specific period time? Another problem is that how you make the investors trust you due to a lot of scams around crypto world. Ppl are getting tired to them.

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:04:53 PM

1. When we rent land we get like 20%-30% of that year land production ,for example for 1 ha if you client gets 4 tones of wheat  production we get something like 800 kg of wheat that we can sell ...

2. Back in 1990-2000 you could buy 1ha of land for around 100 dollars now it's worth around 1000-2000 euros ,only a Romanian can buy it for that amount ,if you are a foreigner you will be charged much more ...

3.There are 3 taxes
a) property tax - for 1 ha it's around 30 euros /yearly
b) income tax - 16% out of the 800kg(market price) if we rent it / on yearly production if any
c)national  health insurance tax - 5.5% out of the 800kg (market price )  / on yearly production if any
and another tax when we sell it 16% income tax + lawyer fee

4. Land can be owned by anybody from Romania and EU member countries ...

Yes i am a romanian and i know the  stereotype...but not all romanians are thief's like not all europeans,americans that come to romania  are pedophiles ... each person in this world thinks different ....

Also if i make the fund for example to accept BTC ,that btc will be exchanged to local/fiat currency and profits will be in local /euros or usd currency ...you will get back the money when you withdraw in euros/dollars/usd and you can exchange it back to btc if you want ...just an idea ,at the moment we can't keep btc because it is very volatile ...

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:10:46 PM

Also, what guarantee do you plan to offer to your investors? We ve already had a huge theft related to your countryman, Chris, the owner of LTCgear. I don't think people would send money again without some form of collateral for their investment.

when you invest on a mutual fund in the stock market what guarantee do you have that you get your money back ...? we will do same process as with a normal fund ,hire manager etc...

g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:41:32 PM

Hi All

Prices now in Romania for agricultural land is around 1000 euros /  hectare (ha ) that's around 10000 square meters or around 2.47105381 acres

That is cheap compared to other european countries and i predict that the price will double or triple in  2-3 years .

I was thinking of making some sort of fund where anyone can join and we hire a manager to manage it for us ...

Anyone could join the fund with minimum investment of 1 btc or 250 usd or 250 euros etc.. ,and he/she is allowed to withdraw in 3 years after deposit ,else he pays withdraw fee.

Also anyone that joins the fund has a right to vote for manager selection ,land purchasing and selling etc..

The idea must work but for having money or bitcoin from the others needed much more. You think that you will have money only posting the above post here? You will believe someone that do this kind of post 1 or 2 bitcoin without any warranty? You will believe to someone which post a post like this your money without a business plan about what must will be made with this land? What will be planted? Where will be sold? What can be the profit? How much profit must be expected for the money invested? And other to many things?

Me not... Think and act my friend...
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:38:43 PM

Hi All

The idea must work but for having money or bitcoin from the others needed much more. You think that you will have money only posting the above post here? You will believe someone that do this kind of post 1 or 2 bitcoin without any warranty? You will believe to someone which post a post like this your money without a business plan about what must will be made with this land? What will be planted? Where will be sold? What can be the profit? How much profit must be expected for the money invested? And other to many things?

I am not saying that i am going to let  exactly anyone to join the fund just asking your opinion guys on the idea ... maximum 100-500 people ,else the fund will be hard to manage and  will cost a lot in fees ...manager,accountant,secretary,sales etc...

If the fund rent's the land why should the fund care what client plants on it ...?

I am thinking of making the fund in another country as in Romania we have high corporate taxes ...maybe UK,Ireland or Bulgaria

For now it's just an idea ...

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:14:14 PM

Got a google maps ref or any idea where this land will be bought ?
Why not rent out the land and pay your 'investors' monthly ? Like someone else said, 3 years is a long time to wait for a return.

Kind of seems like this should be in the gambling section.... your hoping the land value increases so yours 'investors' get paid in 3 years..

how much of your own money are you putting in ?

No offence but $1k euro is not much money..... Are you over 18? Any reason why you can't just buy the land yourself ?
Bank loan etc etc...... ? Seems a litt ale strange if you don't have $1k of your own money..... Any prior experience with this kind of thing ? Anyone could buy land... but knowing where to buy is kind of the key..

If your investors put in 100% and land value goes up say 100%, so you have $2k... how much are you going to take out for your admin fee's?

err best of luck Smiley and my apologies if I have misread something...

g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:31:06 AM

Hi All

Prices now in Romania for agricultural land is around 1000 euros /  hectare (ha ) that's around 10000 square meters or around 2.47105381 acres

That is cheap compared to other european countries and i predict that the price will double or triple in  2-3 years .

I am not saying that i am going to let  exactly anyone to join the fund just asking your opinion guys on the idea ... maximum 100-500 people ,else the fund will be hard to manage and  will cost a lot in fees ...manager,accountant,secretary,sales etc...

If the fund rent's the land why should the fund care what client plants on it ...?

I am thinking of making the fund in another country as in Romania we have high corporate taxes ...maybe UK,Ireland or Bulgaria

For now it's just an idea ...

You don't want to leave anyone to join in the fund and you need 100-500 people to join? You want to make the fund outside then country you live? Don't you think that you are to futuristic? Don't you think that you are dreaming? Not to do the damper but I think that you must turn with your feet in the ground... Sorry mate but will never give a dime for this "project".
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:39:41 AM

I'm reading with curiosity this thread. Investing in land must be profitable. But to put money in this project needed more warranties. In which way my money will be secured? In which way I can be secure that the person who will be in charge to manage those don't take the money and disappear? Then it is secure that someone will take the land to work with it. The land can be bought and then no one can work with it. Maybe it will be better to find the people which will take it before buy that.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 09:10:35 AM

Got a google maps ref or any idea where this land will be bought ?
Why not rent out the land and pay your 'investors' monthly ? Like someone else said, 3 years is a long time to wait for a return.

Kind of seems like this should be in the gambling section.... your hoping the land value increases so yours 'investors' get paid in 3 years..

how much of your own money are you putting in ?

No offence but $1k euro is not much money..... Are you over 18? Any reason why you can't just buy the land yourself ?
Bank loan etc etc...... ? Seems a litt ale strange if you don't have $1k of your own money..... Any prior experience with this kind of thing ? Anyone could buy land... but knowing where to buy is kind of the key..

If your investors put in 100% and land value goes up say 100%, so you have $2k... how much are you going to take out for your admin fee's?

err best of luck Smiley and my apologies if I have misread something...

Why not rent out the land and pay your 'investors' monthly ?
Because land is  a illiquid asset and you have to wait ,crops here are harvested once a year ,and if it is profitable we can add value to fund /pay management fees etc ...

I don't want to by 1ha of land ,that not to much land it's just an example,yes i am over 18,i am think that fund could buy hundreds/thousands of hectars land and that is not cheap for one person to do it that is why a fund is more profitable then doing it solo ,also if you have 100ha of land you get payed more then if you sell 1ha .This is were the profit is .

I can't say because it is just and idea for now ...

Parazonium

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:57:44 PM

Prices now in Romania for agricultural land is around 1000 euros /  hectare (ha ) that's around 10000 square meters or around 2.47105381 acres

The last price per ha I read about was ~2000€ for uncultivated wasteland and $6,461 for farmland(2012). Has the price halved in <1 year?

And there are already big players like Glencore plc operating in the country, that most probably got the best spots, so cherry picking the remaining farmland could provide quite tricky, but nevertheless farmland in Romania seems to be a good idea for an alternative investment.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3149

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

within 3 years maybe  bitcoin go for 1000eur. maybe more. we all know that this is possible.
whether the country in Romania has such promise?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Parazonium

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:19:22 PM

Well, I think there is an investment case in romanian farmland, but the market is already quite mature and competitive.

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:21:19 PM

The last price per ha I read about was ~2000€ for uncultivated wasteland and $6,461 for farmland(2012). Has the price halved in <1 year?

And there are already big players like Glencore plc operating in the country, that most probably got the best spots, so cherry picking the remaining farmland could provide quite tricky, but nevertheless farmland in Romania seems to be a good idea for an alternative investment.

That is foreigner price ,i can get it/or local can for 1000€...

Branny

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:44:51 PM

Where are the listings for 1000 euros/ha?
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:55:27 PM

Where are the listings for 1000 euros/ha?

there are no listings you have to find them and talk with sellers

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: