Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining - Do the coins automatically go in to your 'Wallet'?  (Read 5120 times)
LordFlashheart (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:48:55 PM

Or are they stored elsewhere and I have to move them to the Wallet?

Thanks.
LordFlashheart (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:27:34 AM

To clarify: Do they appear in your wallet as soon are they are mined?
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 07:51:25 AM

They do go to your wallet, assuming you put an address in that wallet in that block. For example, look at the first transaction in
http://blockexplorer.com/block/00000000000000a4d73468e752d7eb54ac8de5c131188361a811676ecbd67228
and you'll see it specified an address as the destination for the generation of the block.

However, it's not immediate. You need to have 100 confirmations after you mine a block before the network recognizes that you own the coins, so it's going to take about 16 hours 40 minutes to show up.
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:02:22 AM

They do go to your wallet, assuming you put an address in that wallet in that block. For example, look at the first transaction in
http://blockexplorer.com/block/00000000000000a4d73468e752d7eb54ac8de5c131188361a811676ecbd67228
and you'll see it specified an address as the destination for the generation of the block.

However, it's not immediate. You need to have 100 confirmations after you mine a block before the network recognizes that you own the coins, so it's going to take about 16 hours 40 minutes to show up.

How do you "put an address in that wallet in that block"?

I thought all I had to do was setup my .conf file with rpcuser, rpcpass, allowed ip's, port number and then run the client with -server

Have I been doing this wrong for the past month?
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 02:52:35 PM

I thought all I had to do was setup my .conf file with rpcuser, rpcpass, allowed ip's, port number and then run the client with -server

I'm not really sure since I don't self mine, but I assume it would pick an address in its wallet automatically with an option to override. I would look more into it if I were you though. I would assume you've found a block by now, so look at it under block explorer and see what happened.
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:42:57 PM

Never done it with BTC but any of the altcoins I have mined solo that is all that is needed for the coins to show up in your wallet as immature once you have found a block until confirmed by the network. And of course you need to have your miners using your local *coind as their source of getwork.
c4n10

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:42:07 PM

Never done it with BTC but any of the altcoins I have mined solo that is all that is needed for the coins to show up in your wallet as immature once you have found a block until confirmed by the network. And of course you need to have your miners using your local *coind as their source of getwork.

Whew... Scared the crap outta me, thought I wasted a month's worth of hashing, lol...

But yes, I have my .conf file setup for my "server" and my miners are all pointed at my local host, so I SHOULD be okay... I think... LOL...
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:03:43 PM

Whew... Scared the crap outta me, thought I wasted a month's worth of hashing, lol...

But yes, I have my .conf file setup for my "server" and my miners are all pointed at my local host, so I SHOULD be okay... I think... LOL...

You are good there then although solo mining BTC is pretty much an iffy proposition with the diff being so high, you may want to give LTC or PPC a try those are lower rate chains where you have good chance to get a block within reasonable amount of time then you could trade them for BTC.
c4n10

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:12:40 PM

You are good there then although solo mining BTC is pretty much an iffy proposition with the diff being so high, you may want to give LTC or PPC a try those are lower rate chains where you have good chance to get a block within reasonable amount of time then you could trade them for BTC.

I actually have my two least capable miners pointed at solo mining. One is solo mining LTC and the other is solo mining BTC. I figure since it's pretty much a long shot for me anyway until my first 5870 arrives either Monday or Tuesday I might as well put my two most useless miners (my cell phone is doing solo LTC at about 8 hashes per second (LOL) and I have the cpu on one of my computers soloing BTC at about 50 KH/s (again, LOL)).

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, BUT some day at least one of those two miners will get lucky...

Then I have the rest of my miners pointed at OzCoin with liecoinpool.org as my failover...
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 01:02:32 AM

I don't know if it worth the "wear and tear" on the phone...  I often wonder if it worth it to overclock graphics cards for the hashrate benefit either.  What kind of a probability is it that you will win the reward mining solo on your phone, or that you will notice if you do...?

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
c4n10

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:08:53 AM

I don't know if it worth the "wear and tear" on the phone...  I often wonder if it worth it to overclock graphics cards for the hashrate benefit either.  What kind of a probability is it that you will win the reward mining solo on your phone, or that you will notice if you do...?

I'll notice when there's coins in my wallet, lol... And I'm not using the phone for anything else anyway, I know it's a long shot, I'm not counting on it or anything...
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:50:18 AM

I actually have my two least capable miners pointed at solo mining. One is solo mining LTC and the other is solo mining BTC. I figure since it's pretty much a long shot for me anyway until my first 5870 arrives either Monday or Tuesday I might as well put my two most useless miners (my cell phone is doing solo LTC at about 8 hashes per second (LOL) and I have the cpu on one of my computers soloing BTC at about 50 KH/s (again, LOL)).

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, BUT some day at least one of those two miners will get lucky...

Then I have the rest of my miners pointed at OzCoin with liecoinpool.org as my failover...

Heh, good luck with that.
I tried solomining with CPU (3MH/s) for a week, no luck at all. Smiley
c4n10

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:51:33 AM

LOL, thanks...
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:55:43 AM

LOL, thanks...

I forgot to mention the CPU died after that week.  Sad
c4n10

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:59:12 AM

LOL, thanks...

Both of my cpu's have been mining just fine for a month. If you keep your hardware properly ventilated, dust-free and your moving parts well-lubricated you're generally ok...
hickc

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:26:28 AM

Yes they do go straight into your wallet. No pool fees Smiley
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 12:10:07 PM

LOL, thanks...

Both of my cpu's have been mining just fine for a month. If you keep your hardware properly ventilated, dust-free and your moving parts well-lubricated you're generally ok...

I don't think CPUs have visibly moving parts, but meh. It's gone anyways.
c4n10

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:06:49 PM

LOL, thanks...

I don't think CPUs have visibly moving parts, but meh. It's gone anyways.

I wasn't referring specifically to my cpu's when I said that. That is specifically why I used the word "hardware".
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 09:54:59 PM

What Fjordbit said is correct, except it is 120 confirmations, not 100, meaning they mature ("show up") about 20 hours after having mined them.

(I am a solo miner.)
BookLover

Activity: 533

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:00:39 AM

They appear in your wallet 2 blocks after you mine them, however they are greyed out and unusable until the block has 120 confirmations.  

Hope this answers your question. Cool

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: