Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want bitcointalk forum's official mobile app or mobile friendly version ? (Android, windows phone, Apple phones)
Yes, that will be great
No (You can mention reasons in reply)
I don't care

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Now: Should bitcointalk introduce mobile app of this forum ?  (Read 1077 times)
shad_90 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:50:32 AM

NOTE: This poll is to show bitcointalk forum what we think about having forum app. I am not a developer, and I do not represent bitcointalk.org. I am a concerned user.  Grin

I was thinking that there is a need for official mobile app for this forum or atleast mobile version. This will increase activity on this forum as people are not carrying PCs with them everywhere. It will be convenient to have a mobile app for this forum. So feel free to vote and express your opinion and i am sure soon bitcointalk will introduce mobile app for this forum.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:53:42 AM

I voted for yes. However, I dont wish to see mobile application for Bitcointalk.org. I want to see a mobile-friendly bitcointalk.org. There's lot of application in Google Play Store that allow us to browser the forums with mobile-friendly interface. However, I wont be trusting them with my account information. Even if it's a official application, I dont want to download another application to my limited space phone.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
shad_90 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:56:14 AM

I voted for yes. However, I dont wish to see mobile application for Bitcointalk.org. I want to see a mobile-friendly bitcointalk.org. There's lot of application in Google Play Store that allow us to browser the forums with mobile-friendly interface. However, I wont be trusting them with my account information. Even if it's a official application, I dont want to download another application to my limited space phone.

I edited the question and included the mobile version. Thanks for the feedback. I hope BTCtalk admins will think about it.
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:07:39 AM

The New Forum Software (Epochtalk) will have a responsive design and the devs also have mobile app in their roadmap.

Slickage does have this planned in the future roadmap. We have very seasoned iOS and Android developers so this should be fun!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
scat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:14:01 AM

voted for yes

The New Forum Software (Epochtalk) will have a responsive design and the devs also have mobile app in their roadmap.

Slickage does have this planned in the future roadmap. We have very seasoned iOS and Android developers so this should be fun!

glad to hear it, since im frequently use my mobile phone to access this forum, it will great.
so i will wait it launched. hope it come very soon.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
shad_90 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:16:54 AM

This is encouraging. I am unable to understand that a community of BTC (Currency of future ) haven't yet developed anything for mobile users.  Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:43:30 AM

I'm not sure, and my reason is the variety of phones.  Were talking massive differences as far as reading the forum on the size of screen.  So I see a lot of challanges.

But having it were I could get a alert if a thread of mine was commented on, or I got a PM.  That would be pretty nice.

So I can see both ways.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:08:46 AM

Vote Now: Should stupid polls be awarded an instaban?

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:12:18 AM

I just voted for yes although notlist3d is right about different types of phones and the compatibility.

That's a sweet update to look forward to!

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:17:21 AM

I think an app is a waste of time. We only need a mobile friendly website.

Having to install an app just for bitcointalk.org and having to keep it regularly updated is a huge waste of time. What can a forum app do that we couldn't do in the browser? seems like a huge waste of everyones time to me, and would likely introduce security issues too. There are still thousands of apps using SSL implementations that are vulnerable to heartbleed and the other recent SSL-related exploits. It is probably more expensive to build an app then it is to build a mobile site, I just don't get it.

Is the app going to have proxy support? what about people who live in China and have to use Tor to evade the GFW? is it going to be tested with Tor to make sure it doesn't have any obvious leaks? what happens when you click a link to bitcointalk.org somewhere else, will the app open the thread? will bitcointalk.org still be usable in a browser on a phone? will it work on Android devices that do not have a Google API license etc etc?

I can't believe they plan to build in app, IMO that is a very dumb idea and waste of money and will most likely cause a lot of problems.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:37:39 AM

I think an app is a waste of time. We only need a mobile friendly website.

Having to install an app just for bitcointalk.org and having to keep it regularly updated is a huge waste of time. What can a forum app do that we couldn't do in the browser? seems like a huge waste of everyones time to me, and would likely introduce security issues too. There are still thousands of apps using SSL implementations that are vulnerable to heartbleed and the other recent SSL-related exploits. It is probably more expensive to build an app then it is to build a mobile site, I just don't get it.

Is the app going to have proxy support? what about people who live in China and have to use Tor to evade the GFW? is it going to be tested with Tor to make sure it doesn't have any obvious leaks? what happens when you click a link to bitcointalk.org somewhere else, will the app open the thread? will bitcointalk.org still be usable in a browser on a phone? will it work on Android devices that do not have a Google API license etc etc?

I can't believe they plan to build in app, IMO that is a very dumb idea and waste of money and will most likely cause a lot of problems.

The forum is already mobile friendly, i personally use it a lot on my mobile and i have absolutely no problems with it, everything works fine, you can tap on anything without problems, so this is indeed a waste of time.
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:07:11 AM

NOTE: This poll is to show bitcointalk forum what we think about having forum app. I am not a developer, and I do not represent bitcointalk.org. I am a concerned user.  Grin

In my Opinion the Forum will never think of Developing an app for it , Because the forum is mobile friendly.
Anyways thank you for your consideration !

BTCFaucets

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:31:25 AM

Mobile apps always beat mobile version of a site any time. Sometimes, mobile version of sites always give me headache when some weird shit appears.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 10:42:16 AM

whataver help us to made more accesible this forum to everyone should be welcome.

so my vote is yes, btw if the admins didnt do it yet is because maybe they are planning to do it in the future, dunno.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:06:16 AM

I voted I don't care. I spent almost 6 days in a week through mobile phone to browse this forum. Only need some improvements due to slow loading after latest down time.

shad_90 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:07:12 AM

In my Opinion the Forum will never think of Developing an app for it , Because the forum is mobile friendly.
Anyways thank you for your consideration !
I don't think so.  Its not mobile friendly when you need to zoom in and zoom ou. When you need to slide things to just write a single reply. If you are using tablets then it's acceptabl.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:15:30 AM

I was thinking that there is a need for official mobile app for this forum or atleast mobile version. This will increase activity on this forum as people are not carrying PCs with them everywhere. It will be convenient to have a mobile app for this forum. So feel free to vote and express your opinion and i am sure soon bitcointalk will introduce mobile app for this forum.

Not necessary..( even though i mistakely voted Yes Tongue ) . The forum runs good on phone too and there is no need for an app unless you are too lazy to open your browser and type "bitcointalk.org" Smiley

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:05:02 PM

Mobile apps always beat mobile version of a site any time. Sometimes, mobile version of sites always give me headache when some weird shit appears.

That might be true with some sites but have you tried using the forum on mobile? Everything works perfectly fine, no weird shit appears and you can just zoom in when you have problems touching something. There is no need for a mobile app.
shad_90 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:29:24 PM

That might be true with some sites but have you tried using the forum on mobile? Everything works perfectly fine, no weird shit appears and you can just zoom in when you have problems touching something. There is no need for a mobile app.
This zoom in and out is the problem here. It might be comfortable with tabs but not with mobile phones having relatively smaller displays.
Thing about being mobile friendly is to be able to read and write without any need of zooming.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:03:20 PM

of course not..we are (still) in transformation phase and waiting for new board now (https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk)

developing anything new related to current board (except some security fixes maybe), would be just waste of time and energy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: