Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:39:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin , IRS , Tax evasion ?  (Read 645 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6096

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:33:10 AM

Speak about your self and on your country , can Bitcoin be used to make Tax evasion and how is that ?  Open discussion thread . For me I know it's possible because on Algeria they don't even knwo what Bitcoin is , so I guess it's possible however I don 't have bills or taxes to pay , just a simple teenager so the moment I don't have to care about this .

Because I was reading this article on Forbes : http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/05/05/sorry-bitcoin-irs-gets-reports/
and not sure what it means to be honest , I guess taxes don't work same way worldwide . I mean how they will know if you have BTC or not ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pathi

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:11:56 PM

I would not be surprised to see some of the exchanges start to issue statements at some point. Similar to investment accounts at various brokerages etc. Coinbase etc already verify your name address etc. So it would be easy for them.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6096

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:41:11 PM

I would not be surprised to see some of the exchanges start to issue statements at some point. Similar to investment accounts at various brokerages etc. Coinbase etc already verify your name address etc. So it would be easy for them.

you got a point , and that's why on my opinion we shouldn't be using any exchange website because we could do on forums like Bitcointalk (and with any payment method we would like , just like on exchanges ) etc ... because they are screwing our privacy off.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:31:29 PM

I don't think tax evasion is possible in any developed country.
What are you going to do say when the bank sees you keep receiving money out of nowhere?
The only way would be to never leave the Bitcoin ecosystem, simple as that. Get paid in BTC, buy in BTC.
If you need fiat, i guess the best way is still Localbitcoins IRL transaction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:06:49 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 07:02:10 PM by Amph

What are you going to do say when the bank sees you keep receiving money out of nowhere?
The only way would be to never leave the Bitcoin ecosystem, simple as that. Get paid in BTC, buy in BTC.

that's why you use services that buy thing for you directly in bitcoin, like all4btc or https://xmr.to/ for monero

other may find more comfortable to use anon card, with a limited amount, i guess it could work, yet the most anon way remain cash to bitcoin, to avoid taxation
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:00:18 PM

My friend, I'm afraid you have little imagination. There are smart guys in London, Paris, Berlin and Geneva. Just like everywhere on this planet. I know that well... Maybe in North Korea, it's different, but I guess there isn't much private business down there.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:04:03 PM

that's why you use services that buy thing for you dfirectly in bitcoin, like all4btc or https://xmr.to/ for monero

other may find more comfortable to use anon card, with a limited amount, i guess it could work, yet the most anon way remain cash to bitcoin, to avoid taxation

Can't customs inspect the package and see it was paid in some "cryptocurrency" avoiding taxes, then they informing the IRS? those packages aren't magically safe from that even if you pay directly with crypto am i right?

the seller could just, write above that it was payed with fiat, like when you say(many are doing this even today) that there is electronic thing inside a  package when you ship it abroad

also IRS isn't controlling every governments, in some country bitcoin is not even reglulated or taxed at all, you're free to go
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:46:28 PM

I agree there is most likely taxes to go with big investments including BTC.  But I think it's at time of sale most likely.

You need to show a capital gain or capital loss.  Until you sell the BTC you don't know how much hopefully you will make.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: