Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:28:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Yourself: Are You the Ultimate Bitcoin Expert?  (Read 1936 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 11:14:49 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 03:48:53 PM by LiteCoinGuy

Test Yourself: Are You the Ultimate Bitcoin Expert?

https://99bitcoins.com/test-yourself-are-you-the-ultimate-bitcoin-expert/

a little bit too easy (at least the first 25  Cheesy )  but give it a try  Wink

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 12:58:29 PM

Too easy? I doubt that. This test contains various questions, and some that Bitcoin users do not need to know (e.g. Merkle tree). I've made a few smaller mistakes that I hate to admit.

I'm not satisfied with my score nor the test. It sometimes takes more time than it should for verifying the answer and going to the next question.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:17:47 PM

Was quite ok the test. Some questions were a bit hazy, which led to some mistakes, but I think I did quite well Wink

You got 42 out of 51 right!
You're a Bitcoin guru!

You're one of the most bitcoin educated people out there. Amazing job on completing this quiz with such a high score. We'd love to get more ideas for questions from people who have such extensive knowledge about Bitcoin like yourself. If you have an idea just fill out the form below this quiz.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:27:17 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 04:13:33 PM by superresistant

Someone explain me the link between "coin days destroyed" and the requirement for fees ?
This question made me mad.

Also a question state that you cannot change a transaction under any circumstances which I don't agree, what's double spending then ?
And what if there is only one full Bitcoin node running in the world and someone edit the database ?

EDIT : Got 45 btw
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:05:06 PM

Got 46 out of 51 right.

However, I'm confident that at least 7 questions had only incorrect answers to choose from. I managed to guess which incorrect answer the quiz was expecting on 3 of those questions.

Additionally there was 1 question that I misunderstood due to it being phrased in a confusing way.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 02:19:51 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 03:16:23 PM by LaudaM

Someone explain me the link between "coin days destroyed" and the requirement for fees ?
Also a question state that you cannot change a transaction under any circumstances which I don't agree, what's double spending then ?
Yeah these are the 2 questions that got me as well. Miners can change a transaction under special circumstances is indicated as false. This is a mistake, made by whoever made this quiz.
Well the idea of 'coin days destroyed' was implemented to efficiently measure the economic activity in Bitcoin. Someone could manipulate the statistics sending his coins back and forth non stop, and for this very reason it was implemented. The purpose behind it is to give more weight to coins which haven't been used for some time. 10 Bitcoin which haven't been used for 20 days count as 200 spent yesterday.

However, I do not know how this is related to fees and I've made a mistake there as well.
However, I'm confident that at least 7 questions had only incorrect answers to choose from. I managed to guess which incorrect answer the quiz was expecting on 3 of those questions.

Additionally there was 1 question that I misunderstood due to it being phrased in a confusing way.
I'm going to assume that you know the answer to this question. Please explain if you have time.

You've asked this question, which I've yet to see an answer for.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:04:18 PM

This question made me mad.
And what if there is only one full Bitcoin node running in the world and someone edit the database ?
Yeah these are the 2 questions that got me as well. Miners can change a transaction under special circumstances is indicated as false. This is a mistake, made by whoever made this quiz.
Well the idea of 'coin days destroyed' was implemented to efficiently measure the economic activity in Bitcoin. Someone could manipulate the statistics sending his coins back and forth non stop, and for this very reason it was implemented. The purpose behind it is to give more weight to coins which haven't been used for some time. 10 Bitcoin which haven't been used for 20 days count as 200 spent yesterday.
However, I do not know how this is related to fees and I've made a mistake there as well.

I understood about coin days destroyed.
Coin days destroyed are the number of bitcoins sent in the transaction multiplied by the days without moving them.
We know that :
Code:
priority = sum(input_value_in_base_units * input_age)/size_in_bytes
So the priority increase as coin days destroyed increase. It was simple as that.

That's why we see big amount of BTC sent and confirmed very fast without any fees.
iqbal14st

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:20:52 PM

Her website is too heavy to open it .. Undecided Undecided

[=($)=]
iqbal14st

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:34:13 PM

Too easy? I doubt that. This test contains various questions, and some that Bitcoin users do not need to know (e.g. Merkle tree). I've made a few smaller mistakes that I hate to admit.

I'm not satisfied with my score nor the test. It sometimes takes more time than it should for verifying the answer and going to the next question.
You got 35 out of 51 right! Grin
You're a fellow Bitcoiner!

I'm not too understand with the English language .. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

[=($)=]
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 03:48:06 PM

okay to be honest: i did the first 25 questions. Merkle tree is not that easy of course

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:04:10 PM

40 of 51, i did not know about the date of the whitepaper and some other errors on question about transactions, double spend also tricked me damn....

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:12:09 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 11:15:57 PM by harrymmmm

49/51 and i swear the two i got wrong were badly worded Smiley

You got 49 out of 51 right!

You're a Bitcoin guru!
iqbal14st

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:13:33 PM

49/51 and i swear the two i got wrong were badly worded Smiley
I Think that to answer the questions that needed extensive knowledge ..
not everyone can be completed more than 40 questions with the correct answer

[=($)=]
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:25:20 PM

I am not a bitcoin expert, I don't need a test for that!  I tried it, I got about half way through and then got bored.  I missed a few questions, where some of the answers looked almost the same.  But it was a fun quiz.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:30:05 PM

Its a good thing that you can see the correct answer after answering but I wish time the correct answer is highlighted was longer. Otherwise pretty neat Bitcoin quiz.
I gotta give it this test to friends to see how they manage.
umatej

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:51:13 PM

You got 31 out of 51 right!

You're a Bitcoin expert!

Happy with that and i also learned few new "things" about technology behind BTC.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:25:50 PM

K I'm having a really bad day today so I better not fail this and be declare a bit-retarded!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:34:10 PM

K I'm having a really bad day today so I better not fail this and be declare a bit-retarded!
Just do the test tomorrow if you are afraid of the results Wink It will still be there tomorrow.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:36:08 PM

Well i learned a lot
I missed the answer of the What is the Bitcoin whitepaper?
Can someone tell me the answer
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:36:28 PM

Only got 38 out of 51 answers. The Merkle tree confused me quite a bit and other technical details about bitcoin. Seems like I'm not that knowledgeable enough on bitcoin to know those technical things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: