Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's Killer App is Money  (Read 1223 times)
pliv84 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:22:32 PM

It is so perplexing to me that people keep saying "we don't see Bitcoin's killer app yet." This is such a ridiculous statement.

Bitcoin's first killer app is money.

How many new ideas go from a market cap of zero to $4 B in 6 years?!?! Answer: extremely few. If Bitcoin were a startup itself, it would already be well beyond "Unicorn" status.

Of course, the additional applications of Bitcoin and the Blockchain are endless, but it's first killer app is clearly already here, and 4,000,000,000 cash US dollars agree with that.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:16:43 PM

Bitcoin's killer application is to give a chance to the people of under developed countries to the ban services. What am I talking about?

Well there is more than 3 and a half billion people who don't have a bank account in the world and who don't live anywhere close to the bank. With a simple and cheap phone, with the Bitcoin miracles can be done.

I mean look at Mpesa in Kenya and the success of it. Bitcoin can be next Mpesa, just hundred times bigger!
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:47:32 PM

Yes, there are so many different use cases. All we need is time.

Being able to send value to anywhere in the world without an intermediary is, on its own, more than enough for Bitcoin to succeed.

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:48:56 PM

It is so perplexing to me that people keep saying "we don't see Bitcoin's killer app yet." This is such a ridiculous statement.

How many new ideas go from a market cap of zero to $4 B in 6 years?!?! Answer: extremely few. If Bitcoin were a startup itself, it would already be well beyond "Unicorn" status.

Of course, the additional applications of Bitcoin and the Blockchain are endless, but it's first killer app is clearly already here, and 4,000,000,000 cash US dollars agree with that.

Of course it's money, those people that are constantly searching for new ways to use the blockchain are underrating it's main use: money. But make no mistake, Bitcoin as in money will take over the world sooner or later, we are on the early days, give it time and it will be clear money was always the #1 use for it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:25:36 PM

Bitcoin's killer application is to give a chance to the people of under developed countries to the ban services. What am I talking about?

Well there is more than 3 and a half billion people who don't have a bank account in the world and who don't live anywhere close to the bank. With a simple and cheap phone, with the Bitcoin miracles can be done.

I mean look at Mpesa in Kenya and the success of it. Bitcoin can be next Mpesa, just hundred times bigger!

now that i think about it , i find this very interesting. it is one of the best benefits of bitcoin for those people who either don't have bank account or don't have access to paypal, credit cards which every popular place for example amazon is accepting.

but i don't think it is going to be the killer app , the effect is small on bitcoin in this matter.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:49:33 PM

now that i think about it , i find this very interesting. it is one of the best benefits of bitcoin for those people who either don't have bank account or don't have access to paypal, credit cards which every popular place for example amazon is accepting.

but i don't think it is going to be the killer app , the effect is small on bitcoin in this matter.

I find this extremely interesting in a way to hide our real goals from the bankers. To the bankers we could be saying, fear not us, Bitcoin and banking system can co-exist etc. Just to get over that hurdle with governments and banks.

What will happen later, when we "earn some trust" from governments will happen, but this could be one of the cards to get to the masses.

I hope you people get the message Iam trying to send over.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:09:30 PM

fastminer.net/?ref=5385 Get up to free 0.5 BTC BONUS with the FREE trial & withdraw it instant to your wallet!

You really think people will use your ref if you just post it in random sections of the forum without any relevance to the thread?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 06:15:08 PM

bitcoins killer app is Bitcoin.

(@Scott J: yes)

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 06:19:42 PM

Correct. What it will kill is the entire banking industry.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
rax

Activity: 86
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:20:42 PM

Haha lol. Obviously you haven't payed a close look to that Bitcoin thingy.
bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 06:23:34 PM

Yes, as long as the central bank don't get their hands on m-money in Kenya.

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:18:35 PM

Being able to send value to anywhere in the world without an intermediary is, on its own, more than enough for Bitcoin to succeed.

especially having the ability to send those exact money without a scam fee , like you do with the banks, that charge you 20-30 for an abroad transaction

this alone should convince many people to join bitocin, the simple fact that it does not, mean that many don't know about bitcoin or trust too much the banks

i agree with OP bitcoin can sustain itself on what it is based, no need to develop a kill app for it
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:20:32 PM

Haha lol. Obviously you haven't payed a close look to that Bitcoin thingy.

Well I guess that you know better than Andreas Antonopoulos, a man who specifically markets Bitcoin in this way in his speeches around the world and this is one of his Bitcoin killer features.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:23:01 PM

Yes, as long as the central bank don't get their hands on m-money in Kenya.

I'm not talking specifically about Kenya, Kenya already has its system. I'm talking about other underdeveloped countries of the world.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:23:54 PM

this alone should convince many people to join bitocin, the simple fact that it does not, mean that many don't know about bitcoin or trust too much the banks
People's trust in banks will be shaken over time; capital controls and depositor haircuts will incentivise people to seek out alternatives.

Bitcoin will be waiting patiently Smiley

funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 07:30:56 PM

^^^

This pliv84, supposed newbie, has it.  Keep an eye on pliv84 Wink   

You put it better than I did:

http://frass.woodcoin.org/bitcoins-killer-app/

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
pliv84 (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:07:12 PM

Lol. Thanks Funkenstein  Smiley
ransomer

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:04:16 PM

Yeah, because it's easy to keep a BTCs safe in a mud hut shared by 20 in one room in Africa. Trezor?

Or for the unbanked in India living in on or next to a dump as in Dump Millionaire.... fighting for every piece of bread... keeping btcs safe will be a breeze...

NOT.....

We need ways to keep btcs safe.... easily... and safely....

Satoshi made the first major innovation... now someone needs to make it useful for the masses.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:27:03 AM

When hyperinflation starts in the US, nobody will give a fuck about the dollar, and even the Feds will migrate to bitcoin.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:42:47 AM

IMO the killer app will be gambling or trading related, utilizing bitcoins unique ability to skirt laws and regulations.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: