Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Skill Testing Math Question -- 0.08 BTC Reward  (Read 1947 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:59:35 PM

Don't think this proves that the Earth is a spinning globe, it doesn't. It does however prove that I'm somewhat of a massive fool for just assuming the centripetal force would be a large value.  Cry

NASA and the rest of the establishment are a den of vipers. Their eggheads have however defiantly crunched all the numbers. I won't make the same mistake twice. Math is the only science you can be 100% sure of the results and I'm going to find a hole in their global conspiracy.

The Earth is flat!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:28:31 AM

Don't think this proves that the Earth is a spinning globe, it doesn't. It does however prove that I'm somewhat of a massive fool for just assuming the centripetal force would be a large value.  Cry

NASA and the rest of the establishment are a den of vipers. Their eggheads have however defiantly crunched all the numbers. I won't make the same mistake twice. Math is the only science you can be 100% sure of the results and I'm going to find a hole in their global conspiracy.

The Earth is flat!

I was wonder why YouTube was suggesting me the likes of Saudi Cleric Was Right: USA Faked Moon Landing - Coriolis Effect Fraud lately. It's because I commented on this thread. Bad, notbatman!  Wink
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:28:48 AM

'lili song' is the winner! (19jD5PfF5TqeF5xJWa5US2rM7GHVr5hdX) <-- 0.07 BTC

'jambola2' is the runner up. (1FRkoJDy8CwZ84RSeMs2tCEKBdVfHu32Ra) <-- 0.01 BTC

I decided not to be a cheap ass and reward the entire 0.08 BTC but, lili song's works sucks so jamola2 gets 0.01 BTC of her reward. Technically lili song posted while the reward was 0.01 BTC so consider yourself lucky.

Woah  Roll Eyes I can't believe it that I'm the winner
Thanks notbatman  Grin and thanks for jambola2 for clarification (since english is not my mother tongue, I can't argument just like you did. )
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:49:17 PM

'lili song' is the winner! (19jD5PfF5TqeF5xJWa5US2rM7GHVr5hdX) <-- 0.07 BTC

'jambola2' is the runner up. (1FRkoJDy8CwZ84RSeMs2tCEKBdVfHu32Ra) <-- 0.01 BTC

I decided not to be a cheap ass and reward the entire 0.08 BTC but, lili song's works sucks so jamola2 gets 0.01 BTC of her reward. Technically lili song posted while the reward was 0.01 BTC so consider yourself lucky.

Woah  Roll Eyes I can't believe it that I'm the winner
Thanks notbatman  Grin and thanks for jambola2 for clarification (since english is not my mother tongue, I can't argument just like you did. )

Yup, you owe me one for proving you right Wink

And notbatman, shoot me a PM the next time you're hosting this sort of stuff.
This was fun, and the free BTC for a few minutes of work was more fun Tongue

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:04:05 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 06:14:14 AM by sukamasoto

i want to reclamation

From your question, you are looking for weight in grams.
in physics weight are united with Newton, not in grams. but in real world sometimes people call mass as weight.

Quote from: lili song on July 24, 2015, 08:00:46 AM
                      Centripetal_force 1      =  centripetal_force 2
   84,000 g * (464 m/2)^2 / 6,371,000 m = mass * (463.2 m/s)^2 / 6,371,000 m

mass = 84,290.4 g

and u claimed this answer as the winner. So the answer you are looking is mass not weight.

from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight is the description of weight physics
and this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass is the description of mass in physics

if you are reading it carefully, in paragraph 2 of description of mass you will read  "An object on the Moon would weigh less than it would on Earth because of the lower gravity, but it would still have the same mass".
so whenever you are, whatever the velocity or radius of the planet
your mass will still same, but your weight will change.

and I want to straighten our concept about centripetal force.

from lili song answer centripetal force 1 = centripetal force 2.
This is completely wrong! As far as i know centripetal force change as the related variable change.
Sorry, lili, i did not mean to blame you.
this for the reference of the centripetal force description http://www.regentsprep.org/regents/physics/phys06/bcentrif/default.htm

So, the answer should still same mass(weight) 84,000 grams

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:58:59 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 07:20:52 AM by ndnhc

btw, that is already accounted for here:

Leaving margin for error, I can say with certainty that the weight of the average person will be approximately 826.59 Newtons. (YES, Google it. The SI unit of weight is Newton, not mass)
Or, to use your extremely weird scale of stating weights in mass equivalent, 84,289.46 grams. Can't vouch for accuracy, may vary between 84,280 and 84,300 grams.

To clarify, (I know some basic Physics)
Mass is universal. Same everywhere. SI unit is kg - kilogram.
Weight varies. SI unit is Newton.

This one is a little weird answer:

mass = 84,290.4 g

I just corrected that here: Grin

weight (in grams) = 84,290.4 g

The question clearly states:
Please provide the answer in grams and show your work!

There is no problem is weight is stated in grams just because SI unit happens to be Newtons.

That said, I still think the answer is 28,257,600,000 grams..
jambola2 is right.

and this should be: Grin
Reduction Increase in weight = Change in centripetal force = m(V^2)/r - m(v^2)/r =  84(464^2 - 0.8^2)/6,371,000 = 2.83861407
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:19:42 AM

i want to reclamation

From your question, you are looking for weight in grams.
in physics weight are united with Newton, not in grams. but in real world sometimes people call mass as weight.

Quote from: lili song on July 24, 2015, 08:00:46 AM

mass = 84,290.4 g

and u claimed this answer as the winner. So the answer you are looking is mass not weight.

from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight is the description of weight physics
and this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass is the description of mass in physics

if you are reading it carefully, in paragraph 2 of description of mass you will read  "An object on the Moon would weigh less than it would on Earth because of the lower gravity, but it would still have the same mass".
so whenever you are, whatever the velocity or radius of the planet
your mass will still same, but your weight will change.

and I want to straighten our concept about centripetal force.

from lili song answer centripetal force 1 = centripetal force 2.
This is completely wrong! As far as i know centripetal force change as the related variable change.
Sorry, lili, i did not mean to blame you.
this for the reference of the centripetal force description http://www.regentsprep.org/regents/physics/phys06/bcentrif/default.htm

So, the answer should still same mass(weight) 84,000 grams

As ndnhc pointed out, and as I already said in my answer, I gave it in mass equivalent.
What do I mean by mass equivalent?

The weight is 826.59 N, but it is the same weight of an object with mass of 84,289.46 grams on the surface of the earth.
OP asked for it in grams, so I gave it in mass equivalent.

Read my answer, it is different from lili's answer, but straightens out a lot of things he said, better explaining them.
He has a valid reason for being unable to explain it too, as English is not his first language either.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: