Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ROM FUND - ROM Pooled Buying & Pooled Profit Distribution - Let's Make a Whale!!  (Read 2479 times)
ROMFUND (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:07:51 AM

What's the most fair scenario... a suggestion i have is extending the rules of limits of sell amounts to purchase amounts. Also small coin amounts are needed for ROM markets. I think with my first suggestion, if implemented, anything like a ROMFUND would not work due to purchase limits. I can't see ROM markets disappearing anytime soon and i believe a pooled fund is a good way right now to invest and earn from these types of coins.

edited

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:12:42 AM

ROM market It is a failed concept. It is like an constant  inflation on short time.  You can arbitrarily change max. inflation reducing it to a lower point  on a cycle arbitrary and completely disadvantageous for new buyers.

ROMFUND (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:20:18 AM

ROM market It is a failed concept. It is like an constant  inflation on short time.  You can arbitrarily change max. inflation reducing it to a lower point  on a cycle arbitrary and completely disadvantageous for new buyers.

I agree with it being disadvantageous for new buyers, again something i am trying to change by offering a pooled investment option.
Your making great points, but i still believe a pooled investment can work!
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:06:50 AM

I agree with it being disadvantageous for new buyers, again something i am trying to change by offering a pooled investment option.
Your making great points, but i still believe a pooled investment can work!

For the Rom Market to success only under one scenario everyone believes it and keep buying for it to work. but, pooled investment can be easily get stuck with the bag if you are the only one believe in it.
CoinCajigger

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

I <3 Zennies

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:22:51 PM

Is this only for people who want to buy in or can sellers participate here?

I am holding YOVI so want to know if that would help with this fund?

ROMFUND (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:56:30 PM

Is this only for people who want to buy in or can sellers participate here?

I am holding YOVI so want to know if that would help with this fund?

For those looking to sell we could create something similar. But both would need to hold enough buying or selling power. Yovi also has a larger coin amount and the majority of yovi holders would need to contribute to the fund.
ROMFUND (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:46:16 PM

Regarding WEALTH

I do not think it would be fair to launch the ROMFUND with this coin. Looking into perhaps launching with the next ROM coin or launching a similar coin with some additional benefits to investors. It is unclear with both WEALTH and YOVI how many coins the Devs actually hold.

Researching! Smiley

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:30:10 PM

Regarding WEALTH

I do not think it would be fair to launch the ROMFUND with this coin. Looking into perhaps launching with the next ROM coin or launching a similar coin with some additional benefits to investors. It is unclear with both WEALTH and YOVI how many coins the Devs actually hold.

Researching! Smiley

You should buy some YOVI from other people. They are selling at 400 and even 390 sats. You can build up your portfolio and help others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1120967.msg11969313#msg11969313
CoinCajigger

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

I <3 Zennies

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 01:14:56 PM

Why are there no other markets for this coin? It has a wallet so why doesn't someone make it so we can trade outside of the ROM so the price can be whatever?

Doombaby

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:54:24 PM

If you took the fund and used it to pump the YOVI wall every day, all the people who were participating in the fund would be able to make good profits by buying and selling the YOVI independently.

For example I buy 100 Yovi, and join this fund, I know that the Yovi I bought will sell, it is just a matter of when I want to sell this set off to cash in some profits. because I know that the wall is going to get cycled it removes the risk and the wait.

There are two Problems:

Problem 1.

Once you start buying the Yovi with the fund you will always have a large part of that fund locked in the coin. the fund works as long as you want to cycle the coin, but as soon as you want to stop, you again will have to wait on buyers and run into the same issues that the Yovi are having right now.... as soon as the cycle stops there won't be as much traffic, and the coin will go stagnant again.

The real question is, can you make enough coin cycling to still turn a profit if you consider the initial investment to be more like a purchase?

You buy in to the cycle machine and it runs forever. Then you have to do your own Yovi Trading.

Problem 2.

The lowest price you can set for a Yovi sale right now is 0.00008730 the price is currently 0.00002430. That means this fund is going to have to be at least 63 BTC before you even reach the first level where you can start to buy your BTC back out of the Yovi.

If you wanted to do this, you would have to wait till a new ROM came out, and start it up early in order to keep the initial start up costs down.

You should buy some YOVI from other people. They are selling at 400 and even 390 sats. You can build up your portfolio and help others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1120967.msg11969313#msg11969313

That would not help the fund. The fund has to be in Btc so that it can be used to buy Yovi straight from the exchange. That is the key. Because of the way the Yovi is built, you need to have a high volume of purchases from the exchange, or the fund won't work at all. You would probably want to keep at least half of it in BTC at all times to buy the other half back from the wall. Spread across at least 2 accounts because I don't think that you can buy from yourself.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: