Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin vs. Tumblers vs. localbitcoin?  (Read 427 times)
C_Atix (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:46:19 PM

I've been using a variety of tumbling services but the taint analysis reveals them to be complete sh*t (with the exception of Helix...usually). I'm looking for a more full proof method. I'm skeptical of localbitcoin, and anyways live in an area that makes it difficult to find enough buyers/sellers. A number of threads have suggested exchanging BTC for crypto currencies such as litecoin, but I'm not certain how this method is any more secure than others. Does the exchange to a cryptocurrency and back to BTC (or my bank) completely break any trace on my coins? Is there another step I can put in there to improve security?
Looking for some advice - thanks in advance
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:08:37 PM

I've been using a variety of tumbling services but the taint analysis reveals them to be complete sh*t (with the exception of Helix...usually). I'm looking for a more full proof method. I'm skeptical of localbitcoin, and anyways live in an area that makes it difficult to find enough buyers/sellers. A number of threads have suggested exchanging BTC for crypto currencies such as litecoin, but I'm not certain how this method is any more secure than others. Does the exchange to a cryptocurrency and back to BTC (or my bank) completely break any trace on my coins? Is there another step I can put in there to improve security?

Exchanges will have the information that a certain account changed their BTC for LTC for example and also know which addresses involved.

If you're looking for privacy within the protocol, your best bet is probably Monero. Currently it's a little bit harder to use than most of the coins because it isn't a copy of Bitcoin.

Main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:56:58 PM

or you could use SDC...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.0 it's a bitcoin fork and completely untraceable, very easy to use.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:55:42 AM

Buy XMR, send it to wallet, send from wallet (mix-in 3+) to XMR.TO (automatic) or Shapeshift (another step) to send BTC.

How are you keeping your IP private?

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:22:46 PM

can you explain how all of them are sh**? because i was thinking of using one

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████