Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum wallet not synching with android phone  (Read 644 times)
SPC_Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:08:22 PM

I downloaded the app, clicked on add wallet, scanned my qr code, and the synchronize with blockchain server goes on and on, after 20 some minutes times out, never loads wallet.

Is this a known problem? How to fix?

NEVER GOT PAID.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:51:57 AM

Does it all the time. The app is very finicky and a POS. Try it and just let the phone sit for a few hours and see if it can sync up to the blockchain. Depending on your internet provider the port used might also be blocked.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:46:41 AM

switch to a different electrum server. electrum servers are run by volunteers and sometimes the servers can go down. so just switch to a different server. I'm not familiar with the android version or I'd tell you how to switch to a different server. Look in network preferences if something like that exists in the android version.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:49:52 AM

I downloaded the app, clicked on add wallet, scanned my qr code, and the synchronize with blockchain server goes on and on, after 20 some minutes times out, never loads wallet.

Is this a known problem? How to fix?

the issue is your connection not stable
you can try it again

if i use wifi connection i get some problem too but if i use mobile data i get sync perfect
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: