Last edit: March 09, 2018, 06:45:43 AM by bitcoinjesus2.0

Smiley
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:23:37 PM

in the same way (i love this intervention !)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY

bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 03:56:32 PM

Describe the difference between the two.

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
Derrike

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:23:36 PM

Describe the difference between the two.
difference between the two is mentioned in the OP above your post.
Just give some time in reading the post my friend.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:32:31 PM

constant value relies on having something else to be compared against while floating value can have value independent of other currencies. A constant value coin would always be 1 coin = x USD (or any other currency) while floating value would be 1 coin = 1 coin. Why would any nation want to have their currency be based on someone else's? It essentially just makes their currency the other one but a different name. You don't see current fiat currencies like that, so why would any cryptocurrency that is adopted by a nation be like that?

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:44:36 PM

"2. constant value - smartcoins -"

secured/pegged to bitcoins blockchain i would say.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:18:35 PM

The idea of Bitcoin becoming a national currency is scary

apriyani420

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:22:44 PM

why? i believe it would be a good idea, people wouldnt be more independent as they wouldnt need banks and the price would be more stable if countries start to accept it

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:36:06 PM

why? i believe it would be a good idea, people wouldnt be more independent as they wouldnt need banks and the price would be more stable if countries start to accept it

the biggest benefit would get rid of that scam called exchange rate which can rise to 3% from fiat to fiat, but it would also lead every banks against bitcoin and probably governments against bitcoin, because they will lose their edge...
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:35:52 PM

+1

It would go against everything Bitcoin stands for. And the regulation and monitoring would be ridiculous.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:46:46 PM

The stability of major national currencies is down to their governments constantly tinkering with every aspect of them. There's no way they can control BTC. Just as we see with the Euro, you can't share a currency with wildly varying economies. What's good for one country is a disaster for another.

cogabonito

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:21:21 PM

Voted for "no blockchain will ever support a national currency"
Because it's too complex for national usage. Also Any government wants their currency is controlled by worldwide instead of themselves...

Hopalong

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:52:48 PM

The stability of major national currencies is down to their governments constantly tinkering with every aspect of them. There's no way they can control BTC. Just as we see with the Euro, you can't share a currency with wildly varying economies. What's good for one country is a disaster for another.

I live in a small country. We are rich but the economy is small compared to the big ones. Two times has the central bank had to fight of traders who tried to pump our economy.

Imagine a country with bitcoin as national economy who would be dependent on the wales behaving nice all the time. Scary tought.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:38:48 AM

I live in a small country. We are rich but the economy is small compared to the big ones. Two times has the central bank had to fight of traders who tried to pump our economy.

Imagine a country with bitcoin as national economy who would be dependent on the wales behaving nice all the time. Scary tought.

this will be not true if bitcoin reach fully adoption, no whales or group of whales will be able to manipulate it on a long extent, this is why the price is important it cover us from pesky manipulator

so bitcoin can become a national currency if a country is in a very bad economic situation and need to start from zero, in this case it's better for it to embrace a good established currency like will be bitcoin and not re-printing of his scam fiat
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:23:33 PM

this will be not true if bitcoin reach fully adoption, no whales or group of whales will be able to manipulate it on a long extent, this is why the price is important it cover us from pesky manipulator

so bitcoin can become a national currency if a country is in a very bad economic situation and need to start from zero, in this case it's better for it to embrace a good established currency like will be bitcoin and not re-printing of his scam fiat

How would that possibly work?

Said country will have to first buy all of this Bitcoin with their worthless fiat. No one's going to accept it and they'd jack up the price anyway until the country had to sell their population to get it.

Or they could just start another fiat currency again with a clean slate and full control.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:35:45 PM

The USD is a "smart value coin" how's that working out for the saver? utterly fucking terribly lol.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:55:02 PM

I don't see how could Bitcoin become a national currency... Why would that happen? What are the arguments in favor? Countries should just replace their fiat with a blockchain equivalent...
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

I guess it could happen if you consider the law of truly large numbers....but I think we have more of a chance of seeing this.

Hopalong

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:01:18 PM

If a country start to buy up bitcoin the price would rice so high and so fast that they would have used all their money long before they had as many bitcoins as the twinkle dudes.

The problem is that no country can buy up bitcoins with their own currency since it would crash and noone would sell them bitcoins. It must be a country like Zimbabve who uses a foreign curency who could do it. Probably would get 10K to 20K bitcoin before they run out of dollars since the bitcoin price would go to the moon when they started to buy.
Hopalong

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:04:41 PM

I don't see how could Bitcoin become a national currency... Why would that happen? What are the arguments in favor? Countries should just replace their fiat with a blockchain equivalent...

A premined bitcoin clone would do the trick. Then all the people could convert their fiat to the new crypto.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: