Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell Customer Service: "Bitcoin - is that some sort of wire transfer?"  (Read 1316 times)
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:43:48 PM

There was a similar post on this forum a while ago from somebody buying airplane tickets with BTC, and also got in a lot of troubles... If my memory serves me correct, his payment was declined but not refunded.

Why a company like dell starts accepting a payment method BEFORE they train their support staff is beyond me, but it does not supprise me at all.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:57:28 PM

LOL this was really funny to read Smiley
Unfortunately, it seems that some 'big'' boss in Dell heard something about bitcoin and that a lot young people using it, and probably concluded that it would be a good idea for Dell to introduce Bitcoin and show that they follow the trends and desires of young customers.
They didn't, however, educate their customer support about Bitcoin probably thinking that no one will use this method of payment and not realizing it too seriously.
Now you can see the consequences of it and the whole company look unprofessional and frivolous.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:18:37 PM

i remember hearing about Dell accepting bitcoin a year ago in fact i found the coindesk article about it too:

http://www.coindesk.com/computer-giant-dell-now-accepts-bitcoin/

it is for July 18, 2014 , and they have announced that they were accepting bitcoin through a partnership with Coinbase.

that's rather odd then, a year should be ample time to thoroughly train their customer support department about the basics of bitcoin, and being a company as big as they are, its not something they should skimp out on. that's pretty negligent of them, but maybe it was just the particular call center or representative op got connected to.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 05:47:12 AM

Dell should've enabled Bitcoin payments across all of their worldwide sites from day one. Instead, they keep feeding the localized efforts in the US. Sigh....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: