Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:03:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Runing Bitcoin Core and Armory on the Same Computer  (Read 713 times)
ClayPigeon723 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:07:46 AM

I have been running Bitcoin Core on my laptop for about 3 weeks and I allow it to update daily. My question is this: Can I install and run Armory on the same computer when Bitcoin Core is not running? Will it have any effect on the BC software? Will it require more disk space or the duplication of the blockchain?

I am running the laptop on Windows 8.1 and have not had problems with it and *I was able to have a friend of mine send me 2 mBTC to verify that I could receive bitcoins. It worked fine. In addition to this, I am running a Bitcoin Core Node on a desktop machine that runs 24 hours per day.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:15:52 AM

Armory requires Bitcoin Core in order to run. It will start Bitcoin Core in the background. You can run them separately, but Armory will only be online and function as a normal wallet when Bitcoin Core is also running. It will require some more disk space but it will not effect Bitcoin Core. The only problem is that if Armory is running Bitcoin Core in the background, then you can't start Bitcoin Core or access the GUI since it will actually run bitcoind and not bitcoin-qt.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: